Jon & Kate Plus 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOAH!!!! Now I don't believe everything I read I have to say, and I have been a fan of the show since the beginning, I have become more and more irritated with Kate and what a bitch she really is. Not only that but it seems like Jon & Kate have gotten more and more into the celebrity arena with their kids and I'm not so sure that's the right thing to do with kids. They will have their hands full with those spoiled 8 kids as they age because of their celebreality and opportunities they have been introduced to because of their celebrity. They aren't a "normal" family no matter how many times Jon & Kate try to convince themselves of that. I am going to do some more digging and reading about the allegations that are being slung back and forth and the bad feelings. Wow. There goes another show I enjoyed watching that once it outgrew its realms really lost my interest. (Little People Big World was the other show I loved that I grew to loathe when their celebrity became too big and that family's problems really began stemming from how they handled their being celebrities).

Thanks for sharing the blog link :up:

I LOVE this show! Watch the reruns just about everyday in the morning and then catch the new episodes on Monday nights. The kid's really are just too cute :cute: Joel and Alexis are my favorite ones.

Agree with what has been said about Maddy. Wow she's a handful! Irritates me with how mean she can be to the kid's and when she starts whining. Oh and I think Jon is pretty cool he's very laidback and handles it all pretty well. Understand that Kate has A LOT to deal with each day but I just don't care for her.

I think Kate is a phobic BITCH. She's much too wound up tight and controlling and could really be a much nicer person if she would just loosen up and RELAX. She is so mean to Jon too which makes a lot of viewers dislike her. She's great with the kids tho, or what is seen on camera anyway. She acts so much older than her age and seems soooo much older than Jon. Jon is a cool father, wanting to be so involved in the kives of his kids and I think that is really great. The 2 older girls are brats compared to the 6 younger ones. I'm addicted to the show and watching the re runs repeatedly and the marathons they run occasionally one show after another for hours on end. I just don't like hearing of controversy but unfortunately it happens in celebrity-dom and now that Kate & Jon are having liposuction, plastic surgery, teeth whitening, hair transplants etc. whether they pay for it or not, it's when I begin to lose interest, when they seem to become superfluous and act like they are big spoiled stars deserving so much more from life because of their family when the point of their show is for viewers to see they are just like "any ordinary family". Well they aren't like an ordinary family!! They are very lucky and all the kids very privileged but I really feel they shouldn't let things get out of hand as it seems they are beginning to.

So my coworker knows I think Kate is an overbearing bitch and sent me the link to this blog. Kate's sister in law's (Aunt Jodi) sister writes it. I knew I was right about her. :angry:

"Truth Breeds Hatred" ~Bias of Priene, Maxims

Very interesting. I started reading from the earlier entries and didn't believe it until the little video of Aunt Jodi.

The gumball episode is on right now. I think this is the episode that broke my addiction to the show because of the reaction to the gum on the bear, and I was pretty much horrified. Interesting how she brought Mady's comfort item to the ear piercing and was ready to throw Collin's out because of a little bit of gum. I understand she has eight kids and it's not economical to throw clothes away...but buy a little Spray N Wash (it works wonders, believe me, I spill EVERYTHING) and use stained shirts as playclothes or things to wear to the Crayola Factory and get over yourself.

I think I began watching the show regularly to see if one day Jon would drive away laughing and never come back, and kept watching because the little kids were so damn cute. But Kate really drives me crazy and I don't see how people could think she's a role model. I'd have Mythbusters on right now instead if this thread hadn't piqued my interest.

Man I love Mythbusters.

I think Jon will milk this thing for all it's worth before he heads off into the sunset. I wonder how his hair plugs turned out?

I feel like Kate resents the fact that there are only 3 boys. She always brings up how she has to have girls day with 5, not 3. Well, why doesn't she take the boys out? :huh: The more I watch, and I'm compelled to :sad:, the more i can't stand her.

I think I began watching the show regularly to see if one day Jon would drive away laughing and never come back

Ok I laughed the first time Meg posted this but now it's not so funny.

I heard on the news this morning that he now has his own apartment.

Ok I laughed the first time Meg posted this but now it's not so funny.

I heard on the news this morning that he now has his own apartment.

i think John leaving is a mix of Reality TV breaking up another couple.....and the fact that Kate kind of sucks.

only thing I have seen is on Entretainment tonight, and from what they show, Kate IS a total bitch!:huh:

I am honestly bored to tears at the publicity that Jon & Kate, their show, the network AND Kate's family are all whorring the airwaves with right now. I hope the show goes off the air and that Jon & Kate go their separate ways. It's unfortunate the celebrity of their show wrecked their family and Jon & Kate's marriage. Very sad. I'd say I feel sorry for those kids but I don't. They've all been turned into celebreality brats.

I have a hard time feeling sympathy for either Jon or Kate, or anyone who thinks that putting their entire family on display for the world to see, berate and mock is a good idea in any way, shape or form.

Your children are not there for our entertainment.

I have a hard time feeling sympathy for either Jon or Kate, or anyone who thinks that putting their entire family on display for the world to see, berate and mock is a good idea in any way, shape or form.

Your children are not there for our entertainment.

:up:

Imagine having your temper tantrums documented at age 4 for the world to see? I'll bet if I had a camera crew following me at that age and that footage edited and manipulated, I'd look like an evil little bitch. :lol:

No it wasn't their choice, it was their parents fault. Jon & Kate's fault for allowing the kids to be in front of the camera. Why would anyone feel the need to film their kids' upbringing round the clock anyway?

It's just getting good now. This is what I call reality tv. :hyper:

Any way they can work in some of Jon & the teacher's steamier moments? :hmm: :)

I can't help but think that greed played a large role in this. How can TLC continue to film them when Jon isn't around? I saw pictures of the family, sans Jon but with the bodyguard, vacationing this weekend.

I guess he and Kate have no intentions of faking it for the cameras. That's probably for the best. Talk about mixed messages for the kids.

Power & greed corrupts :|
I'm sure Kate is doing this for the money. I think she likes all the fame, attention, perks, etc. I think Jon would be happy to have the cameras out of his life. They will probably never have a "normal" life. Sad...

I think it's best neither Jon nor Kate fake anything at this point. It would only make matters worse than things already are. My Gosh there has been even more press coverage on the airwaves over the weekend. Wee hours of the late night has shows all about the Jon & Kate controversy with journalists and gossip mongers hyper over- analyzing the whole scenario. Makes me sick. I wish the whole story would just go away along with their show and let them live out their lives however things are supposed to work out for them privately.

I think fame went straight to Kate's head. Have always thought she was a bitch from the first time I saw her. Jon struck me as the type who would prefer to just be in the background doing his own thing. Ridiculous with how they are treated like big time celebrities just because they put their kid's on tv. Noone needs to know every little detail about who is seen with who and where. Feel bad for those kid's they are the innocent ones in all of this. Honestly think it's best all around if they just cancelled the show.

I watched a little last night...I think the kids are sweet...they don't appear to be spoiled brats at all... the one little boy seemed to be talking with the camera man as though he was part of the family:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom