Jon & Kate Plus 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Green Eyes

War Child
Road Trippin' Across The Universe to Zoo Station
I've recently found this show on TLC and really enjoy it. It's about this family in central PA that have one set of twin girls and a set of sextuplets (three boys and three girls). The show is just about their everyday life... which is pretty crazy with two six year olds and six three year olds. But it's a good show. Anyone else watch it and what do you think of it?

I've been watching this show since the sextuplets were born, it started off as 1-2 specials about parents with multiples. So in that respect it's been fun seeing the kids evolve into individual personalities and whatnot. They have spoken about extended family and for whatever reason don't depend on family to help them...some family is not so close in proximity and they feel it easier to ask friends and the strangers who have been with them helping out. They get by. Actually lately I think they are doing really well if Kate can afford her surgeries and Jon his hair plugs plus all the work they have done on the house. I feel badly for Jon because Kate can be such an ogre (Anyone handling that many kids is allowed some degree of bitchiness). But I'm still not warming up to Kate. She's a germophobe and super controlling and a bit of a prude too. She is constantly teasing and making fun of Jon when she isn't yelling at him or perterbed at him for some small thing, rolling her eyes at the cameras or smacking him in what she says is her playful way. If I were Jon and Kate keeps that up, I wouldn't stay with her for very long putting up with that.

Anyway it's fun seeing the family venture out on some adventures and vacations and I do think their spending individual time with each of the kids is a great idea. I loved the current episode when Jon cooked Korean and Hawaiian food for the family, even tho Kate was freaking out about her kitchen. I do love this show, and watch some of the episodes repeatedly.

I love this show too! But I think that Kate has to be that way since she is with the children all the time and Jon is at work. She has everything running like a well oiled machine. The kids seem pretty happy too. Although, that Maddy would send me running pulling out my hair!!!

They make my days with 2 active boys seem like a piece of cake!!!

I love to watch when I catch it :hmm: I think they're doing amazingly well, all things considered :lol: Those kids are so freakin' cute too.

I LOVE this show. I agree about Kate but I think that anyone with that many kids would act like she does every once in a while! I agree sometimes she is a lot to handle but in the end I think Jon knows she treats him like that because she is stressed and whatnot. Kudos to her for being able to raise her kids the way she does, they seem like very polite, well behaved (as well behaved as 6 three year olds can be :wink: ) and disciplined kids. Alexis is my favorite with her aldergator :lol: :cute:

And btw, they didn't pay for any of the surgeries or Jon's hair surgery. People contacted them and offered their services.

I've watched it for a while. I think Kate treats Jon like one of the kids. I know she's home with them all day but she's too much of a control freak and treats Jon like he's stupid far too often. I admire Kate for how she handles either Cara or Maddie (I can't remember which one throws the temper tantrums all the time). :lol:

I didn't notice Jon got hair plugs. :hmm:

I must admit that I really like this show.

Kate could probably learn to relax a little more but I think she does the things she does in order to avoid future chaos.

I liked the episode where they took the kids to Disneyworld :crack:

I love this show too - I just ordered seasons 1 & 2 on dvd and watch the show whenever I can catch it.

From what I remember, Kate's stomach surgery and Jon's hair plugs were both free. The doctors saw their show and offered to do the procedures, asking nothing in return, which is great for a family with so many expenses.

I've loved watching the kids grow up; Alexis is definitely my favorite too, but all 8 of the kids are absolutely precious and seem like they will turn out to be great kids. My favorite episode(s) were when Jon & Kate took everyone out on their own special day. :)

Lol ya im pretty up on that show, i love TLC and almost every show but this ones great. I don't know about Maddy...if i ever had a kid like that i would probably go insane. She's soooo annoying but cute in a small way. Kate is cool, I probably couldn't take her personality a lot but im sure she has a really loving side. And the little ones omg i want ones just like them:lol: but one not 6 lol.

:heart:

Maddy just got me watching it, so I think I've seen a lot of the current episodes. I think there was a day recently when there was a marathon or something. Just caught the Disneyworld trip :cute: Kate did seem to flip out when one of the kids spilled their ice cream. She kept yelling that they had no extra clothes :der: Worst case scenario: You are in Disneyland, you can buy a shirt or something (yes, I realize the other 7 kids would want one too). So... um... yeah, Kate can be a bit controlling/odd sometimes, but then again, she has 8 kids. She's gotta do what she's gotta do - kudos to her :applaud: I have no frickin' idea how Jon & Kate do it. And we are only seeing a glimpse into their lives.

Oh yeah, what about the episode where she & Jon went shopping for clothes - she picked all this drab/neutral stuff :|

And Maddy is the one of the older twins who can be quite annoying :madwife:
I like when the kids have their special day. They are all so :cute:

I've been watching this show since the sextuplets were born, it started off as 1-2 specials about parents with multiples. So in that respect it's been fun seeing the kids evolve into individual personalities and whatnot. They have spoken about extended family and for whatever reason don't depend on family to help them...some family is not so close in proximity and they feel it easier to ask friends and the strangers who have been with them helping out. They get by. Actually lately I think they are doing really well if Kate can afford her surgeries and Jon his hair plugs plus all the work they have done on the house. I feel badly for Jon because Kate can be such an ogre (Anyone handling that many kids is allowed some degree of bitchiness). But I'm still not warming up to Kate. She's a germophobe and super controlling and a bit of a prude too. She is constantly teasing and making fun of Jon when she isn't yelling at him or perterbed at him for some small thing, rolling her eyes at the cameras or smacking him in what she says is her playful way. If I were Jon and Kate keeps that up, I wouldn't stay with her for very long putting up with that.

Anyway it's fun seeing the family venture out on some adventures and vacations and I do think their spending individual time with each of the kids is a great idea. I loved the current episode when Jon cooked Korean and Hawaiian food for the family, even tho Kate was freaking out about her kitchen. I do love this show, and watch some of the episodes repeatedly.

I too have been watching the show all along. I just love it. Kate is basically how my mom was with us growing up, Jon is the same way my dad was so the way they interact with yelling is nothing new to me. My mom would yell and scream and my dad was as calm as can be. They're still like that to this day.

Both Kate and Jon's surgeries were done for free by the dr's who performed the procedures.

I always feel like they focus on Mady, Hannah, Collin and Aaden. I think they need to talk about the other kids too. There are some weeks that they never mention Joel. It's almost like the poor kid doesn't exist. :(

I do agree that she needs to relax about the germs but honestly, I don't think I would be any different than she is if I had 8 kids to deal with.

I love this show! The kids are adorable and Jon and Kate seem perfect for each other.
The "gum" episode................OMG! Kate ='s total freakout. Save the Bear blankie!
The Disney episode was cute............poor Hannah, sleeping thru the parade.

I'm so incredibly addicted to this show. Seriously, I love it, the kids are SO adorable and I love watching the way Jon & Kate interact, they remind me of my parents a lot, as in my dad's usually joking and never taking anything seriously, while my mom can be kind of a control (and definitely a germ/order) freak. I really don't mind Kate, she just has a stronger personality and I don't think Jon has a problem with it, he doesn't seem to mind when she just gets her way. :shrug:

I love Aaden, he's so adorable. :cute:

I :heart: this show! I watch it whenever its on. My favorite kids are Aaden and Alexis. I forgot who mentioned earlier but I agree, I love Alexis and her "aldergater" :giggle: The show is so addicting. The Disneyworld episode was adorable. Mady can be a pain in the behind....I almost can't watch her sometimes, the way she treats the younger ones :sigh: And yeah, Kate has a very strong personality, and I think it just comes off the wrong way on tv, I mean, I'm sure she is a germophobic and very controlling, but you have to give her some credit!

They overplay the episode with the fashion show. That episode put me over the edge with Maddy :doh: but the kids were adorable. Ok I'm just going on about nothing now hehe

I think someone should make some Jon & Kate Plus 8 polls, who is your favorite and least favorite kid? (I think we know who will win least favorite *coughcoughMADYcoughcough*) :wink:

:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom