Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #106
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 09:16 AM
I was only posting what I had read as far as the alimony goes.

I honestly don't think the show can be blamed for every single one of this family's problems. Some of them, sure, but most likely, Jon would have cheated with or without the show. At least now Kate has some money to fall back on.

But I'm curious to see what will happen as far as the show goes. The money they've made so far will run out eventually. I doubt Kate would go back to being a nurse after all of this and Jon can't possibly pay child support for eight kids on an IT analyst's salary. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a show about the difficulties of being a single mother to eight kids airing very soon.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #107
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:16 AM
I'm not blaming the show, either, however, they should have seen where their lives were changing and rectified it before it came to this. I agree with the sentiment to him and his cheating.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #108
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:16 PM
"Truth Breeds Hatred" ~Bias of Priene, Maxims: The Big Announcement

A interesting read.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Well...that was depressing
Old 06-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor

Maybe I'm projecting here, but sometimes living with a passive-aggressive douche can make you seem like a harpy...and he really struck me as being a passive-aggressive douche tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
I honestly don't think the show can be blamed for every single one of this family's problems. Some of them, sure, but most likely, Jon would have cheated with or without the show. At least now Kate has some money to fall back on.
I tend to agree with this. Can you imagine having financial worries in her situation on top of everything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
I'm not blaming the show, either, however, they should have seen where their lives were changing and rectified it before it came to this. I agree with the sentiment to him and his cheating.
You mean they should have stopped the show and tried to fix things out of the public eye? I've read that they can't walk away because they're under contract, and a buy-out would be too expensive for them. I was skeptical of this, but after hearing that Jon will continue to appear on the show with the children when it's his visitation times, and since he was the one that's reportedly so anti-show, I have to believe this is the case. Otherwise, why doesn't he just refuse to appear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
I find it loathsome that Kate's brother and his wife are allowing the wife's sister to run this blog, so they can spread family gossip while seemingly keeping their hands clean.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
while we all knew what the announcement was supposed to be after it leaked, it was somewhat depressing to watch. Both gave the impression that a reconciliation wasn't even a possibility. Granted, when they filmed this, they were separating and not necessarily filing for divorce. I really didn't watch the show much but the show needs to go. Focus on the kids. (I haven't read back in this thread, so I'm sure someone has said something to this effect already).
Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #112
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

The show hasn't aired on the West Coast yet but from what I read here I'm not surprised at what's obviously been announced and what's taking place. It's just sad and I feel bad for the entire family of both Jon's and Kate's. Heaven help them all raising those 8 kids to become better individuals than each of their parents. I was hoping the show would cease filming. I guess not. I then hope it will be the last season. The public will grow bored of the whole issue and once things quiet down, and they always do, they'll soon be forgotten.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

do they have to give the kids back?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
The public will grow bored of the whole issue and once things quiet down, and they always do, they'll soon be forgotten.
I'm not so sure about that. I'm speaking for myself here, obviously, but the reason I watch the show is because of the 8 damn cute kids. There will continue to be an audience for this show, a big audience, as long as you've got those adorable rugrats runnin around.

Also, those kids will never use those Crooked Houses. They're too small and the kids will get bored of them very quickly. And the sale of Crooked Houses is going to skyrocket. Buy stock in Crooked Houses!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #115
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
It's official, apparently.

Gosselin Divorce Papers Filed - Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin : People.com

I hope they can make the transition as easy as possible for their children.

But he should be earning a share of the income that the show generates, right?
Doesn't come as a shocker, but feel bad for the kids

Instead of investing too much time on free trips they should have sought out marriage counseling I mean at least give it a try for the kids sake
Old 06-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #116
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:16 AM
learning my lines. . .: Jon & Kate. . . Too Late?

It's a little long, but this is the bit I really liked:
Quote:
To Jon and Kate. . . I don't regularly watch your show. I've seen bits and pieces as I channel surf, and sometimes I stop to watch just to see, well, who in the neighborhood you've caught on camera. I even thought I might make it on a few times. . . like the time I interrupted the kid's bike-riding lessons by driving my car into the camera's line of sight on a trip out of the neighborhood. I did, however, see the recent clip where you, Kate, lamented what's happening through your tears. According to my newspaper, so did ten million other people. You expressed confusion and said you didn't know what to do. I know you're smarter than that. . . you have to be. Here's what you need to do. . . and I believe you know it. . . pull the plug. Pull the plug and pull it now. The key to a redemptive and healthy resolution to this entire fiasco lies in your hands. From what I know, I think Jon will be right with you. Realize that the temptation will be to carry on so that you can accumulate fame and fortune. But as someone you and I both claim to know once said, "What does it profit a person to gain the whole world. . . and then lose his soul?". . . or, her husband and children? Please understand that I pass this on with a full knowledge of my own weakness and depravity. I trust you understand that I say this humbly. Keep it all plugged in and you will be one very rich and famous lady. You will also be facilitating a life under public scrutiny for your kids. They will not have a childhood. Keeping it plugged in will steal their childhood, steal your family, and promote a culture of celebrity-obsession gone wild. Pull the plug and pull it now. Kate, if you don't see what's happening all around you then you are a very confused woman who is so out of touch with reality that you need an intervention. If you do see it and you choose to keep it all plugged in, then you've exposed what's most important to you. Don't be like the rich young ruler who knew what he had to do, but walked away very, very sad. Jon and Kate, if you don't pull the plug, shame on you for what you're doing to your kids. Kate, don't let your definition of "multiple blessings" move from your 8 children. . . to the fame, fortune, and freebies that are now filling your life. If that's what you choose to do, you are exploiting your kids. If you don't pull the plug and pull it now, shame on you.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:16 AM
I don't see why we can't keep this thing going. Are you not entertained?!

Jon & Kate & Mates plus 8
Old 06-23-2009, 01:15 AM   #118
Neon Zebra

How pathetic. I cannot believe Jon actually used the word "excited" when talking about the separation. He's a child. The show should have been called "Kate Plus Nine" all these years.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:13 AM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
^ I commented to my husband about that very thing...that he used the word "excited" for this "new chapter" in his life. I can't see anything "exciting" about this family situation.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
How pathetic. I cannot believe Jon actually used the word "excited" when talking about the separation. He's a child. The show should have been called "Kate Plus Nine" all these years.
wow. you're really just seeing this from one angle.

Tags
jon and kate plus 8