Jon & Kate Plus 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me get this straight. You think they're both wrong, but Kate is the only one you call names - factual names - mainly because Beegee and I are offering another perspective (because lord knows, I haven't seen much defending of her on here or elsewhere on the internet), and you think we're absolving her of all blame? Oookay...

so....wouldn't i be doing the same thing you and Beegee are doing then?

i don't see what's wrong with admitting that they both are in the wrong, but absolutely hating Kate at the same time. :shrug:

so....wouldn't i be doing the same thing you and Beegee are doing then?

i don't see what's wrong with admitting that they both are in the wrong, but absolutely hating Kate at the same time. :shrug:

You missed the point that we're part of a teeny, tiny minority saying "hey, it might not be her, he looks like he's no prize to live with." I can see how two people out of the entire internet defending her could be upsetting to you, though. :wink:

You hate Kate, fair enough, but that doesn't make it a fact (your word) that she's a "psychotic, raging bitch."

I see a type-A, control freak personality type, with 8 young kids, who is probably afraid that if she lets her guard down, it'll all descend into chaos. She can also be slightly acerbic at times in her manner of speaking. But raging psychotic bitch? Hardly. Him though, he just gets douchier and douchier.

You hate Kate, fair enough, but that doesn't make it a fact (your word) that she's a "psychotic, raging bitch."

i never said it was a fact. i'm just stating my opinion. i have been told that i state very good opinions though.

Him though, he just gets douchier and douchier.

I must say that never having seen the show, my opinions have been only what I've seen played out in pop culture media: clips on The Soup, blurbs from tabloids, discussion on various sites.

My original impression was that she was edited and sound-bited into being a raging bitch. My impression now is that the guy is an utter douche.

The reality is very likely somewhere delightfully in between, but you know what? I still don't have much sympathy for either of them. This is the somewhat predictable result of deciding to invite a bunch of cameras and a bazillion pairs of eyes into your lives. Even if the pop culture landscape has exploded quite a bit since they originally signed up for it, surely they could have put a stop to things somewhere along the way. There must have been a contract renegotiation along the way where they could have said "Yeah .... this maybe wasn't the best idea."

If it were just the two of them, I might feel a little bit of sympathy. But the fact that they decided that their entire brood of little darlings (as my child-disliking choir director would call them, to my utter delight) should grow up in the public eye and paraded around as entertainment ... the only ones I feel sorry for are those kids.

I must say that never having seen the show, my opinions have been only what I've seen played out in pop culture media: clips on The Soup, blurbs from tabloids, discussion on various sites.

My original impression was that she was edited and sound-bited into being a raging bitch. My impression now is that the guy is an utter douche.

The reality is very likely somewhere delightfully in between, but you know what? I still don't have much sympathy for either of them. This is the somewhat predictable result of deciding to invite a bunch of cameras and a bazillion pairs of eyes into your lives. Even if the pop culture landscape has exploded quite a bit since they originally signed up for it, surely they could have put a stop to things somewhere along the way. There must have been a contract renegotiation along the way where they could have said "Yeah .... this maybe wasn't the best idea."

If it were just the two of them, I might feel a little bit of sympathy. But the fact that they decided that their entire brood of little darlings (as my child-disliking choir director would call them, to my utter delight) should grow up in the public eye and paraded around as entertainment ... the only ones I feel sorry for are those kids.

:wave: just got my Madison DVD in the mail. Thank you!

back to the subject, i actually thought they would throw in those random scenes where Kate was being psychotic because the producers maybe had enough of it and felt really bad for Jon. but that's purely speculation on my part.

Eh, it was probably edited for the same reason that any reality shows are edited: DRAMA.

And wow, that was super fast through the mail. Glad it got there so quickly! :)

you know, now that i'm thinking about this, i wonder if Kate every physically abused Jon. or did she just abuse him mentally? i guess we'll never know. :wink:

I guess the reason I do feel some sympathy toward her is because while I've seen her labelled as a harpy (and much, much worse), passive-aggressiveness is much more subtle and people just aren't recognizing it, in this situation. As a result, the world is piling on Kate, and he's getting a free pass. I'd much rather deal with someone who is directly bitchy than someone who is passive-aggressive.

As for the situation with the show and the kids period, I'm much more neutral on that. I've read that there have been behavioural issues with one of the older daughters, but who is to say that there wouldn't have been anyway? A lot of kids are whiny and moody. On the other hand, the show has provided them with financial security and a lot of opportunities they wouldn't have otherwise had. It's also allowed both parents to be home with them a great deal, a lot more than they would have been had they been working stiffs. I've heard that they only film 3 days a week, so that leaves 4 days of non-intrusion. And from the little I've seen, they do seem like fairly well-adjusted kids so far. I'm sure that they'll be aware some day that their parent's divorce is in the media, but then so are the kids of celebrities. It's painful for kids, period, and I hope they're doing all they can to mitigate that pain. In short, I really have no idea if the negatives of the show will outweigh the positives for the kids, but I don't think it's a given that the kids will be damaged by the show being part of their lives. Either way, I hope they'll come out of this okay, happy, and knowing that both parents love them.

I can't give an opinion on what I think about the kids as individuals. The only one I've heard mentioned on websites is Maddy, I think, who apparently has quite the flair for adorable drama. I'm speaking generally, knowing only that they're being forced to live their lives on camera and are now public figures to some extent.

They might like it, they might come out just fine, they might think it's the greatest thing ever and it won't have any ill effect on them, it just makes me really uncomfortable.

Twin+Peaks+Bob.jpg

Her father is Harry Glassman, who used to be married to Victoria Principal

This shirt is even worse than the other one

jon-hailey-b_0.jpg

Is Jon Gosselin's new girlfriend out to be a star herself?

Multiple sources confirm to the new issue of Us Weekly -- on newsstands tomorrow -- that 22-year-old Hailey Glassman is dating the newly-separated dad of eight, 32, "to get famous."

Glassman -- whose father performed Kate's 2006 tummy tuck -- has tried out for MTV's Real World and Oxygen's Bad Girls Club.

"I think after realizing she had a connection to Jon through her father and that Jon and Kate's marriage was rocky, she saw an opportunity to get famous," one of Glassman's pals tells Us.

James Appleton, who describes himself as her "hookup friend," tells Us Glassman dropped him abruptly just before news of the pair broke.

"A couple days later a mutual friend was like, 'Oh hey, your girl Hailey is pretty famous. She's dating this older guy who has like eight kids,'" says Appleton, who met her during a 2007 spring break trip to Acapulco, Mexico.

Before leaving for St. Tropez, Glassman (who was arrested in 2005 for marijuana possession) changed her Facebook status to "In a relationship."

They made their relationship public by holding hands Saturday before boarding Ed Hardy designer Christian Audigier's yacht in France.

Despite reports, they aren't collaborating on a children's clothing line.

"Christian is absolutely not starting a kids' clothing line with Jon," a rep for Audigier told Us Monday. "As of right now, there is no clothing line in the works between them at all."

Her father is Harry Glassman, who used to be married to Victoria Principal

This shirt is even worse than the other one

jon-hailey-b_0.jpg

l."

the kids will look great in this shirt...Sicy...can you photoshop on of the kids in this shirt so we can see how it will look??:lol::wink:

alg_jon-gosselin_long.jpg

this woman could be his soulmate.

he could come out ahead :shrug:

who knows she could give him 9 children, she is only 23.

It would be great if we never heard of these frickin people EVER AGAIN. He is an utter douchebag and him parading a new woman around while he's got 8 frickin kids and still his wife at home is disgusting.

I just want to reach through the damn screen and bitch slap him.

Ok. Rant done. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom