Old 06-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:46 AM
maybe Kate's pregnant!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #92
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Ahhh let's see what the special announcement could possibly be.....there will be a divorce. Doh! I am hoping their choice might be not to continue airing the show, whether they decide to stay together and work on their marriage and family, or if they choose to go separate ways. Wouldn't surprise me if they split up if Kate doesn't continue a show on her own. I don't think she ever really wants to go back to work as a nurse again, not after this TV show and the fame.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #93
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
maybe Kate's pregnant!
Never thought of that !!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #94
Blue Crack Overdose

Old 06-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #95
Blue Crack Overdose

Jon and Kate to Announce Divorce Next Week
UPDATED
June 18, 2009
by:
Bridget Daly

Image by Splash News
The ratings for Jon & Kate Plus 8 are tanking each week, so they’ve got to do something to stay in the press.

According to a new promo video that came out today, Jon and Kate will be making some sort of announcement on next week’s show.

In the video, Kate says, "Recently we've made some life-changing decisions. Decisions that will affect every member of our family...ones that we hope will bring each of us some peace."

According to Radar, Jon and Kate have already met with a divorce lawyer and the couple had previously agreed to separate by July 15.

The decision will reportedly be announced on Monday’s episode. Check out the video below. Do you think they’ll be announcing a divorce?

Old 06-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #96
Blue Crack Overdose

Guess the divorce is on after all! Jon Gosselin was spotted apartment hunting in New York City this week.

Jon was spotted at Trump Place in the hallway of the building with a realtor on the eighth floor, reports Gawker.

As you can imagine, apartments at the Trump Place aren't cheap! One-bedroom apartments on that floor start at $3,600 per month. The couple reportedly makes $75,000 an episode, but can Jon & Kate plus 8 survive without Jon?

"Supposedly the apartment is a river-facing one-bedroom that has been for rent and rents at about $3200 a month," a resident of the complex told Gawker.com. "It's likely under 700 square feet."

The couple already said they're going to make a huge announcement on Monday, but we can all pretty much guess what the announcement is going to be. Surprise, we can't stand each other and we're getting a divorce!

“It just got worse and worse and worse,” Jon says about their marriage, “And with all the tabloids and all that, it just made it even worse.”

“We can’t go back now. We can only go forward and that’s what we’re going to do,” Kate says. “And we’re going to learn a lot going forward and I know that we’ll all come out of this on the other side, hopefully stronger, better wiser.”

According to reports, Jon and Kate have already met with a divorce lawyer and the couple had previously agreed to separate by July 15.

It's so obvious these two can't stand each other. Jon looks at Kate with total disgust and Kate is bitter Betty about everything. How they stayed married for 10 years is beyond us!
Old 06-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:46 AM
The whole situation is very sad. But no matter what, Jon did reap some pretty nice benefits of it all. Plus I think as a Dad to 8, it would be pretty shitty for him to move NYC and leave all the responsibility to Kate. (no matter how unliked she is)
Old 06-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #98
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCOSTER View Post
But no matter what, Jon did reap some pretty nice benefits of it all.
Exactly. He's always blaming the show and the attention they get from the show for the breakup of the marriage but he sure doesn't mind the ski vacations or the free trips or the free hair plugs or the custom bikes.

Most likely, he would have done the same thing if he were still an IT guy and Kate was still a stay-at-home mom. More power to her for creating a life for herself where she isn't going to have to worry about how she's going to feed her kids when Jon decides he wants something else.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #99
ONE
love, blood, life

True ^^^^ I think she should sue him for alimony and support of 8 kids. I would love to see a reality show on how he would do that.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #100
Neon Zebra

Some reports are saying that because Jon quit his job in order to allow Kate to tour her books it technically makes her the sole breadwinner. Because of this she could be ordered to pay HIM alimony. If this happens I believe I just may vomit.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #101
Blue Crack Distributor

It's official, apparently.

Gosselin Divorce Papers Filed - Jon Gosselin, Kate Gosselin : People.com

I hope they can make the transition as easy as possible for their children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
Some reports are saying that because Jon quit his job in order to allow Kate to tour her books it technically makes her the sole breadwinner. Because of this she could be ordered to pay HIM alimony. If this happens I believe I just may vomit.

But he should be earning a share of the income that the show generates, right?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

If it's true and valid that he was looking at apartments in Trump Place in NYC , well I guess Jon is doing well already. They both have been as a result of the show-hopefully most of the money has been set aside for the kids. I could understand the motivation for doing the show in order to provide for the kids(present and future), as long as their emotional well being was always the most important thing.

I don't know what to think of either one of the parents. I just hope for the best for the kids.

They were allegedly making 75 grand an episode from just the show (not the books) so wouldn't he be considered an earner of that money too? TLC must have a contract with both of them, pre-divorce.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #103
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
But he should be earning a share of the income that the show generates, right?
They both earn money from the show but she has an extra income from her book deals as well as her public speaking engagements.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #104
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
They both earn money from the show but she has an extra income from her book deals as well as her public speaking engagements.
Certainly she earns more than he does, but I was just confused because that doesn't make her the sole breadwinner in the family. I'm sure he could still ask for spousal support though, since her income is higher.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #105
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:46 PM
They're despicable. Both of them. How they could continue this show despite the glaring problems it had already caused is beyond me. I do suppose greed begins to influence decisions more, once we start acquiring more. I hoped they'd can the show when there was so much vile writing about one of the twins, but no. I hoped they'd see sense when Kate and the sister had the falling out, but no. So now they've lost siblings, the children's privacy and their marriage. Do I feel any pity? Not entirely. I feel for anyone who has to raise children alone, and god knows, 8 would be utterly exhausting. However, you reap what you sow.

Tags
jon and kate plus 8