Joaquin Phoenix Quits Acting FOREVAR; he's got "music and stuff"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
s-JOAQUIN-large.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix Quits Acting: "I'm Done"

Oscar-nominated actor Joaquin Phoenix made a shocking announcement to "Extra," saying, "I want to take this opportunity...to give you the exclusive ... that this will be my last performance as an actor... I'm not doing films anymore."

Probed further by "Extra's" Jerry Penacoli, "Are you serious?" Phoenix, who was curiously being followed by his own camera crews, reiterated, "Yeah. I'm working on my music. I'm done. I've been through that."

Penacoli, still suspicious, followed up with Casey Affleck who was standing next to Phoenix. Penacoli asked, "I take it that he's kidding?" Affleck responded, "I don't think he's kidding. He's got music and stuff."

Today, "Extra" contacted Phoenix's rep for clarification and got this response: "That is what he told me."

didn't Kevin Spacey retire or something too. I'll see you when you're done with all that there Joaquin.

His first album, Walk The Line, was a masterpiece. I can't believe he wrote all of those great songs himself!

I saw this last night on Extra...Casey Afleck had a bemused look on his face..:hmm: or maybe that is just his regular face:|...anyway..I thought to myself..yeah, right:rolleyes:

I've met him before and he's a very nice guy.

There's worse things one could do than walk away from Hollywood to concentrate on something else.

Why does he even need to announce it? It would be better if shut his gob and didn't do any films and then if he changed his mind down the road he wouldn't come off looking like a donkey.

I heard where Casey Afflek is putting together a documentary about his(Joaquin) music.

I have a feeling this is all a staged Borat style type of prank...

But we'll see :shrug:

If so it's brilliant, if not it's just sad.

Back
Top Bottom