Joaquin Phoenix Quits Acting FOREVAR; he's got "music and stuff"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw the Letterman appearance for the first time two days ago. Amazing. I don't think he was on drugs...but I don't think it's an act either. It almost seems to me like he could have had some sort of experience that fucked up his whole perspective on life...maybe. It happens.

Hate to disagree with the Little Lord of Piss, but, it's an act. An act that's wearing fairly thin for me.

It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed.

Do you feel as irrational about the vexation as I do? It displease me that this bugs me to the extent that it does, minor though it may be.

I got around to watching it and frankly I have no idea what to make of it. It seems it could be quite an act, he is good at acting after all, but then at times it seemed quite real.:huh:

All I know from a career perspective, if he's gone a hip-hop route and decided to look like a Grizzly Adam's version of the Blues Brothers, he's clearly lost the plot and he'll be unemployed for years to come.

Turns out it was all an act for Casey Affleck's "documentary".

When Phoenix showed up on Letterman, Dave was in on the gag.

I know, shocker. lol

?? The ABC News story where Affleck admitted it was fake stated that Letterman didn't know.

Ya, I read that Letterman wasnt in on it too. Apparently, Joaquin will be on Letterman's show this week, out of character

This whole thing is just so pathetic to me. The two of them are acting like little boys who think they've come up with the greatest joke of all time. The problem is that EVERYONE knows it's a joke.

And come on Casey and Joaquin were so respected as well, this isn't going to go over well. At least we'll hopefully see Phoenix acting for real soon.

Considering the "debate" on whether it's a joke or not dates back to the fucking end of 2008, this all seems like an incredibly dated "reveal," doesn't it?

Joaquin was on Letterman earlier this week. Only caught a few minutes. Still with the beard and all, and still very "odd" (still in character it seemed) :crack:

Joaquin was on Letterman earlier this week. Only caught a few minutes. Still with the beard and all, and still very "odd" (still in character it seemed) :crack:

I thought that was a repeat of his first appearance. :shrug:

He was on before, pulling the same act, right?

Back
Top Bottom