James Cameron's "Avatar"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing Avatar would be, for me, the cinematic equivalent of eating shit. So, I guess I go your reference, yes. Is shit even kosher? Does it matter what animal's ass it passes through? I bet this is covered in Leviticus somewhere.

You should go see A Serious Man, they cover this question in full.

You should go see A Serious Man, they cover this question in full.

Fuck, I didn't know that was a Coen's Brother's movie. Son of a bitch. Now I want to see it. I thought it was a Denzel Washington movie, so I kinda didn't grab my attention. Don't make me racist. I'm just not big on Denzel's films. Though I do kinda want to see Book of Eli, I have a feeling it's gonna suck.

Fuck, I didn't know that was a Coen's Brother's movie. Son of a bitch. Now I want to see it. I thought it was a Denzel Washington movie, so I kinda didn't grab my attention. Don't make me racist. I'm just not big on Denzel's films. Though I do kinda want to see Book of Eli, I have a feeling it's gonna suck.

You'll go see the Book of Eli but not Avatar? Douche.

A Serious Man was excellent. Dark Comedy.

If you're going to see something right now, go with Daybreakers. At least that looks kind of cool.

You'll go see the Book of Eli but not Avatar? Douche.

A Serious Man was excellent. Dark Comedy.

I love the Coen's Brother's movies. I don't think I've seen one I didn't like yet, though I have yet to see Blood Simple. And yes, I'd rather give my money to Denzel than to James Cameron. Fuck James Cameron.

If you're going to see something right now, go with Daybreakers. At least that looks kind of cool.

Actually, that's good advice. That shit looks cool.

I have a hard time believing Blood Simple is a debut film. It's so much better than anyone gives it credit for, and is actually a great companion piece to No Country for Tommy Lee Jones.

Saw this finally. I was expecting a more immersive 3D experience all the way through. Like the scene where it's snowing and the flakes are all around you. But wasn't to be. Couple friends said it would be too expensive. Wasn't much different for me than other 3D's, like Beowolf. And the script? Not much better than Titanic.

Can't believe this is being considered for best picture :shrug:

And is anyone here old enough to have caught on to this bit of thievery. Cameron's got some 'splainin' to do. Lifted this synopsis from wikipedia:

Upsidaisium is the first story arc from the second season of Rocky and His Friends. With 36 segments it was the second-longest of all Rocky and Bullwinkle story arcs, and concerns Rocky and Bullwinkle's efforts to reclaim Bullwinkle's Uncle's Upsidaisium mine. It was broadcast on ABC during the 1960-1961 television season on Sundays.

Plot Synopsis
Bullwinkle receives a letter informing him that his uncle Dewlap has passed on, leaving him a mine located on Mt. Flatten. Rocky and Bullwinkle set out to find it, and soon discover that they're being monitored by not only Boris and Natasha, but their old friend Captain Peter "Wrong Way" Peachfuzz, the new head of G-2. Peachfuzz has been sent to make sure Rocky and Bullwinkle find Mt. Flatten, as its ore, the anti-gravity metal Upsidasium, is much sought after by the U.S. government. While under the guise of a pair of prospectors, Boris and Natasha manage to help Rocky and Bullwinkle locate Mt. Flatten, which floats high in the air due to the high amount of Upsidasium within it. Once they reach the mountain, Boris and Natasha are joined by their intimidating superior, Mr. Big, who tells them that Pottsylvania also seeks Upsidasium as a means to eliminate a traffic problem (by building cars with the anti-gravity ore). Eventually, thanks to Rocky's ingenuity, Mt. Flatten is transported to Washington D.C., and the Upsidasium is put under lock and key by the government. Unfortunately, Boris attempts to smuggle the precious metal out of the government's reach, even going so far as to disguising himself as a U.S. general. Rocky and Bullwinkle are cornered by Mr. Big, but when they attack him, they find that he's really a very tiny individual. Mr. Big escapes into an Upsidasium vault, and Boris and Natasha are put under arrest. Seizing a bit of Upsidasium and using Rocky as a hostage, Mr. Big attempts to escape but is carried into the air by his ill-gotten gains, never to be seen again, resulting in another happy ending for the duo.

Hey guys, I FINALLY saw the movie last night in IMAX 3D.
I have nothing new to say about Avatar that hasn’t already been said.
Was the plot cliché? Oh course it was…but was I entertained and impressed with how natural the Na’vi looked and moved.

Example:

BTW: I don’t know why, but I was really upset when they destroyed that damn tree.

BTW: I don’t know why, but I was really upset when they destroyed that damn tree.

Me too.

cryingindian.jpg

Saw Avatar again yesterday; my Mum can't go to movies by herself and she couldn't find another date :) I've actually enjoyed it more second time around - now that I knew the story I could just sit back and soak up the whole vibrant, beautifully realised world, character/creatures design, etc.

the fact this movie is doing as well commercially as it is, is all the proof one needs that there are a lot of things wrong with society. the na'vi are a load of self-righteous, pretentious, tree-hugging tossers... we're actually supposed to admire those clowns?

i almost felt relief when that tree fell. no turning round, that bitch is down and it's not growing back. at that point i was telling myself that maybe the movie won't come back either in the form of a sequel.

if anyone actually received inspiration from this movie, go watch in the loop or the thick of it. malcolm tucker... not that's inspiration. that's the real world, folks. that's how things operate, and he cuts through the horseshit.

and what the fuck is with the cross-breeding?? you're telling me a human is all of a sudden going to shag some blue whale? my friend's doberman is more appealing.

I still think this will do 2 billion

it did hit a speed bump in China, that could easily take perhaps a 80 - 100 million away from what it may have made there.

I am looking for human Avatars infiltrating the other side.

I think that would be boring. Half of the excitement of the first one is the awesome special effects. If the Navi make human avatars, then wont the majority of the movie just be regular looking ol' humans running around?

I think that would be boring. Half of the excitement of the first one is the awesome special effects. If the Navi make human avatars, then wont the majority of the movie just be regular looking ol' humans running around?

It wouldn't be a "cartoon" any more. :up:

Back
Top Bottom