It's a baby for celebrity____________(Fill in names here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanda Peet expecting baby No. 2

LOS ANGELES - Amanda Peet is about to be a mom for the second time.

The actress is pregnant with her second child, according to Us Weekly.

Peet and husband David Benioff welcomed their first child, daughter Frances Pen, in February 2007.

Duggar baby No. 19 arrives early
Michelle Duggar had emergency C-section; delivers 1 lb, 6 oz Josie Brooklyn

By Mike Celizic
TODAYshow.com contributor

Make that “19 Kids and Counting” — but not before something of a scare due to an emergency C-section and a very premature birth.

Michelle Duggar, America’s most famous supermom and star of the TLC reality series “18 Kids and Counting” (which is due for a title change), gave birth to her 19th child Thursday evening.

The infant wasn’t due until March 18, but after Michelle Duggar seemingly recovered from a weekend attack of gallstones and elevated blood pressure, she was rushed into an emergency C-section at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.

Josie Brooklyn Duggar checked in at 6:27 p.m. She weighed 1 pound, 6 ounces and was reported to be resting in the hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit. A family spokesman told People magazine that the infant was expected to be fine.

“The most important thing right now is for mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible,” a TLC spokesman said in a statement issued to People. “The family is grateful for all the prayers and well-wishes during their recovery.”

Grandchild 1, then child 19
The birth comes just two months after Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar became grandparents for the first time. On Oct. 9, their eldest son, Josh, and his wife, Anna, welcomed their first child, Mackynzie Renee.

The Duggars are devout Baptists and members of the Quiverfull movement, a Christian group that advocates having as many children as God gives them. They home-school all of their children and say that they live debt-free. They have always said that each child is a blessing and they would never try to avoid having more.

The family’s 18th member, Jordyn-Grace Makiya, was born just under a year ago, on Dec. 18, 2008. Josie Brooklyn is the ninth girl in the family, which also includes 10 boys.

In the Duggar family, younger children pair with older siblings in a buddy system, and the older girls help raise the infants.

After Michelle was hospitalized last weekend with the gallstone attack, she gave an interview to the Religion News Service. One of the questions she was asked was: “If you were ever advised not to have any more children for health reasons, would you consider some sort of family planning?”

“I don’t know,” she responded. “I’m not at that place. I guess we would just cross that bridge when we got there. If there was something that were life threatening for me, that would be a matter of prayer.”

There was no word from the family or the hospital what implications Josie’s premature birth might have for future pregnancies.

I cannot imagine what a newborn preemie under 2lbs would even look like, makes me sad to think about it. I hope the baby survives. I also don't understand why anyone would want to have so many children especially in these economic times.

That show is actually kinda interesting to watch. I've seen a few times and they seen pretty comfortable financially (probably due to the new money from making the show :wink:). I kind of feel sorry for the older kids though because you can see they always get stuck taking care of the younger ones.

Kourtney Kardashian Welcomes a Baby Boy!

There's another Kardashian to keep up with!

Kourtney Kardashian and her on-again boyfriend of two years, Scott Disick, have welcomed a baby boy.

Mason Dash Disick -- who weighed 7 lbs., 6 oz., and 19.5 inches -- was born Monday morning in Los Angeles, according to E! News.

Kardashian, 30 and Disick, 26 -- who briefly split last year after she accused him of cheating -- have been looking forward to being parents ever since announcing they were expecting in August.

"We're home every night looking at baby books and baby magazines," Disick told Us this past fall. "I just want to stay home with her, enjoy her company, look at her stomach and be with her."

Kardashian -- who gained around 26 lbs. -- said she didn't even mind the way her body changed.

"I like seeing it," she told Us. "I run around naked all day at home. I think it's like a beautiful thing.

"I love being pregnant," she added. "I feel like it's going by too fast. It is the best thing that's happened to me. It's such a spiritual thing happening in your body, and it's what your body is made for." (Incidentally, she plans to shed the baby weight with QuickTrim.)

So what kind of mom will Kourtney be?

"I feel like you don't want to be too much their friend, and you don't want to be too strict," she told Us. "My dad [the late Robert Kardashian] was always the perfect balance."

Leelee Sobieski's Merry Christmas Baby!
E! Online

Santa's visit is still a week away, but the stork just made a special delivery to Leelee Sobieski.

The 26-year-old actress welcomed a baby girl Wednesday.

"I can confirm that she and her fiancé, menswear designer Adam Kimmel, welcomed their first child in New York City late last night," says Sobieski's publicist, Craig Schneider. No word yet on the tyke's name or birth stats.

Sobieski was first spotted with an engagement ring on the red carpet for her movie Public Enemies back in June, and she and Kimmel announced the pregnancy in September.

4th Annual Awards: The Ten Best Celebrity Baby Names of 2009

Now in its 4th year, the annual survey for best celebrity baby names of the year, co-sponsored by the internet's top celebrity baby names blog and a leading baby names website. The only annual celebrity baby name review with insight, tradition, and continuity.

(PRWEB) December 22, 2009 -- Since 2006, the groundbreaking Celebrity Baby Names Blog has teamed up with leading baby names site Baby Names Garden to bring you the best celebrity baby names from the year gone by. Now the much-anticipated 2009 results are in!

2009 has been a year of unusual, dramatic, exotic, and sometimes wacky celebrity baby names. Every year there is at least one name that really causes a furor, with people loving it and hating it in about equal proportions. Last year, it was Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz's son, Bronx Mowgli. This year, the most controversial name of 2009, and the number one pick for celebrity baby name of the year, is Sparrow James Midnight, second child for Nicole Richie and Joel Madden.

Second place goes to the daughter of British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, born in April and named Petal Blossom Rainbow. Little Petal joins big sisters Poppy Honey and Daisy Boo at home.

Third place in 2009 goes to Mars Merkaba, daughter of singer Erykah Badu and her boyfriend Jay Electronica. Mars was almost named Twitty Milk, and if she had been, the editors would have had a tougher job picking the number 1 name for 2009! But Twitty Milk was not to, so Mars came in third place.

In fourth place, the editors loved Kourtney Kardashian's new son, Mason Dash.

Fifth, Anne Heche came up with the name Atlas, so he could hold his own with big brother Homer.

In sixth place, the editors of Celebrity Baby Names Blog (Celebrity Baby Names Blog) and Baby Names Garden (Baby names, meanings, baby girl and baby boy names, top baby name) couldn't resist Bandit Lee, daughter of rockers Lyn-Z and Gerard Way.

For seventh spot, the nod went to a rocker baby named Gunner, son of musician Brandon Flowers and his wife Tana.

Eighth: is it a new way to spell Louisiana? Maybe. Check out Louisanna Ray, new daughter for actress Leelee Sobieski.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck snagged ninth place for their beautifully-named Seraphina Rose Elizabeth.

And in tenth place, rounding out this year's Top Ten Celebrity Baby Names, is Bardot Vita, daughter of Bones star David Boreanaz and former Playmate of the Year Jaime Bergman.

Congratulations to all the winners! Find many more details about the Top Ten, and all the wild and wacky celebrity baby names of 2009, at the Baby Names Garden Celebrity Baby Names Database, at Celebrity Baby Names, Ten Best, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom