It's a baby for celebrity____________(Fill in names here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ultravioletluvv said:

My gosh surely the baby J. Lo's will be here in the next week or two..

jlo.jpg

My feet hurt for her in that pic. :lol:

Last edited:
I thought the same thing for J Lo, poor thing but bless her for pushing herself to go out. IF I Were her I'd be home just waiting, I can't imagine everything involved in her getting all dolled up to go out in her condition. Those heels can NOT be comfortable and being on her feet on red carpets, going up and down stairs etc. I just saw her on TV at coverage of Madonna's Unicef fundraiser. Poor thing looks so puffy like she is ready to pop any minute!

They don't seem all that down-to-earth in the People article :wink: it looks like some sort of fashion shoot. Over the top, but the baby is beautiful. Hey if that's what she wanted more power to her if that's her style, she's just a glamorous girl I guess.

How Much for That Baby on the Cover?
How About $6 Million? People Latest Mag Set to Shell Out Big for First Snaps of Celeb Spawn

By Nat Ives

Published: February 18, 2008

NEW YORK (AdAge.com) -- People magazine is poised to pay Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony between $4 million and $6 million :shocked: for exclusive U.S. rights to the first photos of their expected twins, people familiar with the negotiations said last week. At the high end, the payout would not only match box-office receipts for J.Lo's "Gigli," maybe a modest achievement even for newborns, but also set a stratospheric standard in the market for celebrity baby photos. Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, after all, only generated $4 million -- if that.

Representatives denied last week that any deals were complete. "I have no comment on these particular pictures," said Larry Hackett, People's managing editor. In the Lopez camp, Leslie Sloane Zelnick said she had heard inquiries, but declined to say more. Simon Fields, Ms. Lopez's production partner at Nuyorican Productions, said no deal was done. Asked whether one would be, he said, "I don't know." Fran DeFeo, a rep for Mr. Anthony, did not respond to messages.

But the tentative arrangement that others described divvies the rights into domestic use for People and international use for OK magazine, whose many editions abroad now include a start-up in Spain, at a reputed $2 million. The Lopez camp declined to confirm a due date, but staffers at the publications are expecting the babies to be born in the next few weeks.

In addition to showing some tact -- the twins aren't born yet -- the shadows and fog surrounding the negotiations show how competitive the star-gazing business has become. Celebrity weeklies, which rely on checkout and newsstand sales more than most magazines, are in hot flux. All have recently raised cover prices; Star, In Touch and Life & Style have cut circulation; and OK, the newest, keeps growing -- at great expense.

Graydon Carter was once famously accused of putting Paris Hilton on Vanity Fair's cover because she represented "newsstand crack." Now we see the next generation: newsstand crack babies. The question is precisely who's addicted.

"Readers have to know that when there's a huge picture, a baby, a wedding, some life moment, People magazine is the place that you're going to find that," Mr. Hackett said. "You have to reinforce that all the time. There's a business to be made in the short term and there's a business to be made in the long term."

There's no denying the short-term baby bumps that readers give magazines. People, part of Time Inc., resolutely denies that it shelled out anything like $4 million, the widely circulated estimate, for its exclusive shots of Shiloh, the daughter of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. But you can see why it's plausible. People's June 19, 2006, debut pictures of Shiloh sold nearly 2.2 million copies, 45% above average, at a 50¢ markup and with incremental ad pages to boot. That week's take was easily $3 million more than usual, pretty good justification for the outlay.

This week's People features exclusive photos of Christina Aguilera's newborn son. Rumored price: $1.5 million. Official response from Mr. Hackett: "I just don't talk about it."

Of course, babies don't have to be fodder for checkbook journalism. Vanity Fair didn't pay anything for rights to the first photos of Suri Cruise, daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. But that September 2006 issue still sold 60% more copies on newsstands than the average for that half of the year. The sell-through was such an anomaly that the title was forced to warn against comparing September 2006 sales with the abnormally successful issue a year prior.

Plenty of editors say paying up will pay you back. "It depends on what the cost is, but it's a nice positive antidote to the more crazy celebrity stories that go on," said Sarah Ivens, editor in chief of OK, part of Richard Desmond's Northern & Shell empire.

But others wonder whether there's a baby-photo price bubble. "Historically, what we've seen with exclusive baby shots is that eight out of 10 of them sell well but that there's not a lot of retention after that," said Janice Min, editor in chief of Wenner's Us Weekly. "Our strategy has never been to buy newsstand. The strategy has been to consistently 52 weeks a year to do great news covers that sell, to think of fresh ideas."

For those missing out on getting the J.Lo twins, there's other newborns to chase. Baby bumps under watch include actresses Halle Berry, Jessica Alba, Nicole Kidman and, of course, teen star Jamie Lynn Spears. And if the chatter about Angelina Jolie's pregnancy turns out to be right, Shiloh's got twin siblings on the way. Let the bidding begin.

3-Babypics-021808.jpg

I was just wondering that too.. jeez when is she gonna pop those kids out... :huh: I would be going insane if I were her.. I imagine that they have a set date for a c-section. I just can't see diva j lo doing ala naturale...

Yea really :lol: But she's big as a house and is still being seen on red carpets and all over the place in her fancy outfits with her furs and jewels and those stiletto heels. HOW does she do it with that huge belly? Dayum! She should be resting with her feet up!!

I was like that with my first son, gained only 20lbs and he was 8 15. The second was a different story, I had to wear a circus tent and he was 9 1. I looked like I swallowed a whole watermelon!!!

JCOSTER said:
I was like that with my first son, gained only 20lbs and he was 8 15. The second was a different story, I had to wear a circus tent and he was 9 1. I looked like I swallowed a whole watermelon!!!

My mom was like that. When she was pregnant with me she only gained 16lbs. I hope I'm that lucky when I have a baby.

I don't know how trustworthy this is since I can't find anything elsewhere about it but Moldova.org has this up:

Heavily pregnant Jennifer Lopez has checked into hospital to give birth, it has been claimed in a statement to The Associated Press. The Latino lovely - who is widely reported to be expecting twins with husband Marc Anthony - reportedly arrived at Long Island’s North Shore University Hospital on Tuesday.
A patient at the hospital said: “During my visit, the staff were extremely excited and kept exclaiming, ‘J.Lo is here!’ “

The 38-year-old ‘Jenny From The Block’ star is set to welcome the babies in a private suite which staff were banned from entering for two weeks before her arrival.

The suite comes fully furnished with privacy screens, a brown leather couch, wooden floors and two giant plasma TVs.
Jennifer will reportedly wear a pastel-coloured couture hospital gown and coordinating robe which was specially designed for her.

Jennifer, 38, and Marc, 39, are believed to have chosen the names Max and Emme for the boy and girl twins.
The hospital is also on red-alert over kidnapping fears, and has been conducting drills in case there is an emergency when Lopez has her babies.

“Code Pink” is the hospital’s code for locking down the facility to prevent a kidnapping attempt, a source at the hospital said last week.
A representative for Jennifer could not be reached for comment.

True or no? :hmm:

Last edited:
AngelofHarlem01 said:

The suite comes fully furnished with privacy screens, a brown leather couch, wooden floors and two giant plasma TVs.
Jennifer will reportedly wear a pastel-coloured couture hospital gown and coordinating robe which was specially designed for her.

:hyper::hmm:

:ohmy: :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom