Interference's 50 Greatest TV Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Game of Thrones is a lot more popular than you might think. It actually gets around 8 million viewers a week when you count people watching via HBO Go, On-Demand, etc. On top of that, it's the most pirated show ever this season with new episodes recently topping 2 million illegal downloads in just one day, previous record holder is last season of Dexter...

Community comes nowhere close to that 8 million on a weekly basis.

I know it's popularity with pirates (if they could separate themselves from kissing cable companies' asses, they'd have a lot more people watching legally if they let people subscribe to HBO Go) and subscribers, though we don't have #'s separate from individual viewers, discounting repeat viewings.

The other thing is Community's viewership isn't exactly known, it's clear the Nielsen system doesn't represent college students & young adults well, and we never get any #'s from Hulu viewership, which Community is always near the top of.

You're right, & from the stats we have GOT is watched more, but it isn't a huge gap, and the point of my comment was to put Game of Thrones' viewership in perspective for someone not from the US, that the competition shows & crap on CBS still outpaces GOT 2:1 or so.

I've gotta ask... every man and his dog is frothing at the mouth to blow smoke up Game of Thrones' arse. For someone who is very uninterested by the whole medieval thing could I enjoy it? Seems there's a lot of people out there who, like me, have no interest in it, but have fallen hard for GoT.

My Dad is the last person on Earth you'd expect to be watching GoT. He has zero interest in fantasy type shows/movies, but last weekend was telling me how awesome he thought it was and was wondering why I don't watch it

I'm disappointed in the lack of Battlestar Galacatica in these lists.

It is, after all, the... well, you know.

But seriously though, no love for BSG??

Alright, so I'm bumping the thread and imposing a deadline of August 30th. If you have already posted a list and can't edit your old post, you can just post a new ballot in this thread as I plan to count the ballots backwards for that very reason.

Results will be forthcoming! :up:

Alright, so I'm bumping the thread and imposing a deadline of August 30th. If you have already posted a list and can't edit your old post, you can just post a new ballot in this thread as I plan to count the ballots backwards for that very reason.

Results will be forthcoming! :up:

I've finally watched Game of Thrones since I posted here before. My list shall be revised promptly.

Revised:

(These are not really and truly ranked, just generally.)

1. LOST
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
3. Dexter
4. Breaking Bad
5. The X-Files
6. Star Trek (TOS)
7. 24
8. Six Feet Under
9. Game of Thrones
10. The Twilight Zone
11. Seinfeld
12. Arrested Development
13. Futurama
14. Angel
15. Sons of Anarchy
16. Star Trek (TNG)
17. Kings
18. Batman (Adam West)
19. Forever Knight
20. Farscape
21. I Dream of Jeannie
22. Life On Mars (Original UK version)

Coming in just under the deadline here, but eh, well. I'm not going to rank these, 'cause I'm not good at that sort of thing, and these are just personal favorite shows of mine or shows I watched and enjoyed with my family from throughout the years. There's a lot of notable series and classic series I haven't seen, hence, no point in putting them on here, obviously.

1. Frasier
2. Community
3. The Twilight Zone
4. Spaced
5. Strangers with Candy
6. Hey, Arnold!
7. Get Smart
8. Daria
9. The Colbert Report*
10. Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson*
11. The Daily Show*
12. South Park
13. Beetlejuice (yeah, it was my favorite cartoon as a kid, what can I say?)
14. Roseanne
15. The Monkees
16. Beavis & Butt-head (why not?)
17. Rocko's Modern Life
18. Doug
19. Rugrats
20. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
21. The Dick Van Dyke Show
22. Mystery Science Theater 3000
23. The Carol Burnett Show
24. The Andy Griffith Show
25. Sesame Street
26. American Idol

*I don't know if those will count, since they're late night talk shows and not series, but I love watching them, so...*Shrugs*. If they don't count then feel free to disregard them. Same with "Idol".

Also, they're not shows I've had the chance to watch straight through start to finish, but I have liked what I've seen of the U.S. "The Office" over the years, and I also liked "The Drew Carey Show" when it was on.

Back
Top Bottom