Interference Movie Club - Round 4- "Bronson"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Bronson

Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, 2008

Suggested by Jive Turkey - Monday, August 2

Discussion begins Monday, August 9

netflix said:
Nicolas Winding Refn's vivid and unflinching biopic delves into the life of Britain's most notorious prisoner, Charlie Bronson (Tom Hardy) -- who's been jailed for nearly 35 years -- and attempts to dissect the real man behind the deranged persona. While Bronson's primary ambition was to be famous, he became a celebrity of sorts as a criminal who seized myriad opportunities to demonstrate extreme and terrorizing savagery.

Bronson - Reverse Shot

01_bronson_blu-ray.jpg

04_bronson_blu-ray.jpg

06_bronson_blu-ray.jpg

07_bronson_blu-ray.jpg

08_bronson_blu-ray.jpg

LMP - UP NEXT
Lance
Ashley
Dalton
Shouter
Laz
GAF
Heathcliff
Impy
Cori
Tourist
Powerhour
Scumbo
LemonMelon
Gump
Beav
Jive Turkey

Fitting this one should come up, in all its Kubrick/Clockwork Orange pastiche, right after Paths of Glory.

Little Bastard is up next. You better pick something awesome, ya fuck.

Yeah, I did see that. If I have time to have it mailed to me, I prefer that. I'm not a huge fan of watching stuff on my laptop.

I live close to a distribution center, which is awesome. I get stuff in a day. :)

Yeah, I did see that. If I have time to have it mailed to me, I prefer that. I'm not a huge fan of watching stuff on my laptop.

I live close to a distribution center, which is awesome. I get stuff in a day. :)

Ah well that's a good deal then. There are a lot of devices that do the netflix streaming stuff right through your tv, like some dedicated set-top box deals, or even like a Wii or Xbox or something. In case you were interested.

I don't have any of that stuff. I will admit to have been tempted to get one of those gaming systems just so I could do the Netflix streaming thing .... and then realized how ridiculous that was. :lol:

My TV is even super old, so I can't plug my laptop into it to watch through the TV. I think my next "big" purchase will be a nice TV.

Fitting this one should come up, in all its Kubrick/Clockwork Orange pastiche, right after Paths of Glory.

Little Bastard is up next. You better pick something awesome, ya fuck.

I'm jostling between two right now. There's an obvious choice for me and the other one. Here's a hint:

20051116.jpg

Or is it?

Yay! Finally I have time to participate, and have easy access to the film with Netflix + PS3, plus I was totally planning on watching his soon anyway. The stars have aligned! Nice job JT. :applaud:

I don't have any of that stuff. I will admit to have been tempted to get one of those gaming systems just so I could do the Netflix streaming thing .... and then realized how ridiculous that was. :lol:

My TV is even super old, so I can't plug my laptop into it to watch through the TV. I think my next "big" purchase will be a nice TV.

Watch out for a TV that has NetFlix capability built in, I came across a number of those the other day walking in an electronics store. I think the NF site has a list of compatible ones as well. Saces on the hassle of adapters, and aspect ratios and having a laptop hanging out near the TV.

Home on a Friday for once, off to mow the lawn and then settle in to watch this. :hyper:

College is really making me fall behind on this. :( But I'll try to watch it.

Shinzon's a force of nature in this, absolutely, but yeah, the film's a complete mess.

How about you pick better films you goddamn swine!

I kid. Constructive discussion begins tomorrow though. OBEY THE RULES.

lol, fair enough. also, please take into account the time of my previous post :drunk:

I admired Hardy for trying, but I can't really abide projects that kind of glorify violent figures, or biographies that fail to scratch the surface on their subjects. It was like Kubrick meets Chopper, another biopic of a prisoner with a compelling star performance and a mess around him.

Interesting that the director is now working on that Hollywood thriller Drive.

I stopped watching halfway through, and it wasn't because anything offended me. I just found myself asking the character (and probably out loud), "I'm sorry, but why exactly am I supposed to be interested in you or your situation?"

I didn't even want to wait to find out more about him, to see if there was anything redeeming about him. Not to say that I can't watch a movie or read a book about someone completely unsympathetic, but this movie gave me nothing.

I found Hardy's characterization to be the most interesting thing about the movie; Almost as if the plot (or lack thereof) was secondary to watching him play the role of Bronson.. to the point that when I heard he was going to be in Inception, I was fucking stoked

Back
Top Bottom