Interference Movie Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe a mod would be kind enough to do the edit for us. Also, you're more than welcome.

I shall attempt to summon a mod:

OH MIGHTY MODS, HEAR MY PLEA:

THE ORIGINAL POST IN THIS THREADS NEEDS AMENDING....AND ONLY YOU AND YOUR DIVINE POWERS CAN ACCOMPLISH THIS.....I BESEECH YOU TO AID US IN OUR TIME OF NEED.

SHOULD YOU DEIGN TO HEAR MY LOWLY PLEA, YOU NEED ONLY LOOK TO THE BOTTOM OF PAGE SIX TO SEE A LIST OF GROVELING INTERLANDERS, STARTING WITH HE WHO IS NAMED AFTER THE YELLOW FRUIT THAT YIELDS OVERRATED SONGS, AND ENDING WITH HE WHO SEES THE BRIGHT SIDE IN EVERYTHING.

IF YOU COULD POSSIBLY TRANSFER THAT LIST, USING WHATEVER SORCERY YOU HAVE AT YOUR DISPOSAL, TO THE END OF THE VERY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD, THEN WE WILL GLADLY SACRIFICE AN INTERLANDER IN YOUR NAME. (It will probably be PFan).

WE THANK THEE PROFUSELY.

I don't know if that will work but it took a lot out of me.

Well well, this shall be rather interesting then. I guess you guys are a lot more into the kind of stuff I'm starting to get into now (non-english speaking cinema). I did saw a good number of non-english films of course, but not that much.
Also, I guess I haven't mentioned; in August I will be starting my Cinema course in college, making this even cooler.

You better not mess this up, ElMel.

Heathcliff, is it a general cinema course, or does it have a focus?

Well well, this shall be rather interesting then. I guess you guys are a lot more into the kind of stuff I'm starting to get into now (non-english speaking cinema). I did saw a good number of non-english films of course, but not that much.
Also, I guess I haven't mentioned; in August I will be starting my Cinema course in college, making this even cooler.

I'm just starting to get more into foreign films lately, more or less thanks to Lance and Laz. I still watch plenty of shit, but I try to sprinkle in better fare here and there.....be it foreign or domestic.

Heathcliff, is it a general cinema course, or does it have a focus?

Well, I would call it general. I mean, we'll be learning about the whole making process; so that anyone graduating in it can either go for the marketing area directing commercials and stuff like that or go for a more auctorial cinema (which is my intention). We'll be able to shoot, creating our own shorts and exhibit them on festivals here in Brazil, that's a part I'm especially anxious for.

I'm just starting to get more into foreign films lately, more or less thanks to Lance and Laz. I still watch plenty of shit, but I try to sprinkle in better fare here and there.....be it foreign or domestic.

Yeah, of course here my only way to get to see this kind of stuff is through the internet (torrents); I live in Brazil and we're always short on money on my house :lol: so while I rent a lot of movies, it's hard to come across any film that's a little more rare and I don't have the money to buy the dvds from foreign sites.
Back to the films, lately I've watched the Kurosawa classics, Funny Games... which is in english but it's from an Austrian director and a few others. I've download some Fritz Lang too, which soon I'll watch.
I must add that there's a lot of engilsh-speaking well recommended movies which I need to watch too.

Yeah, of course here my only way to get to see this kind of stuff is through the internet (torrents); I live in Brazil and we're always short on money on my house :lol: so while I rent a lot of movies, it's hard to come across any film that's a little more rare and I don't have the money to buy the dvds from foreign sites.
Back to the films, lately I've watched the Kurosawa classics, Funny Games... which is in english but it's from an Austrian director and a few others. I've download some Fritz Lang too, which soon I'll watch.

I'm glad you popped on in here and joined....

If you've looking for some more Japanese cinema, check out Ozu, Kobayashi, Mizoguchi, Oshima...

Well, I would call it general. I mean, we'll be learning about the whole making process; so that anyone graduating in it can either go for the marketing area directing commercials and stuff like that or go for a more auctorial cinema (which is my intention). We'll be able to shoot, creating our own shorts and exhibit them on festivals here in Brazil, that's a part I'm especially anxious for.

That's fantastic. I thought that you meant a cinema history or analysis course, but hey, production courses for the ultimate win. I'm taking Single-Cam Production, Writing for Narrative Media, and Post-Production next semester for my Media Production major, which is kind of similar, I guess.

Making shorts for festivals is pretty painstaking, but rewarding. Do they have 48 Hour fests as well?

If you've looking for some more Japanese cinema, check out Ozu, Kobayashi, Mizoguchi, Oshima...

Oh thanks :), I do have a particular interest in japanese cinema indeed. Mizoguchi is on my list for ages now by the way. :reject: But I added the other three, I'll take a look on their filmography and see which particular films interest me the most to see first. :hmm:

That's fantastic. I thought that you meant a cinema history or analysis course, but hey, production courses for the ultimate win. I'm taking Single-Cam Production, Writing for Narrative Media, and Post-Production next semester for my Media Production major, which is kind of similar, I guess.

Making shorts for festivals is pretty painstaking, but rewarding. Do they have 48 Hour fests as well?

Yeah, I'm really glad to be doing this. Actually I said we're really short on money around here and this college is amazingly expensive (kinda like $1.100 per month if I convert it to dollars plus some more taxes AND I'm having to move to São Paulo, which is the greatest city here and is where the college is, but that's really expensive too). I'm only managing to do this cause I placed second on the exam to be approved and got a 90% scholarship :reject:.
Anyway... just told the story of my life there... yeah, it's pretty similar and I guess we'll be taking that too.
Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that work with this is exactly what I want for life, so I guess no matter how hard the work will be, it'll be awesome. Rewarding indeed I guess it'll be. And yeah, I believe they do. I'm not sure of that, but I need to look better into all that soon anyway.

(Just edited the part about the 48 fests cause I was thinking about other thing when I answered. :wink:)

Oh thanks :), I do have a particular interest in japanese cinema indeed. Mizoguchi is on my list for ages now by the way. :reject: But I added the other three, I'll take a look on their filmography and see which particular films interest me the most to see first. :hmm:

Harakiri.

That is all.

Congrats on everything, man. I wish you well.

Yes, listen to Lance, he knows his Asians very well.

Harakiri.

That is all.

Will download it right away. Right now I've got about seven dvds with me which I need to watch by Tuesday, but this comes next then.

Congrats on everything, man. I wish you well.

Yes, listen to Lance, he knows his Asians very well.

Thanks. :) And yeah, he seems to do indeed, I will. :D (Like I said on the last post I edited my answer about the 48 film fests cause I was thinking about other thing. I believe they do have them.)

I've been on a bit of a horror kick lately. I believe it's because I haven't been posting on Interference as much as I used to and need to sublimate my desire for terror and bewilderment in some other manner.

Suggesting a horror flick that has fewer than 100,000 ratings on IMDb and isn't camp is a challenge, but there are a handful I'm interested in. It was either What Ever Happened To Baby Jane or Polanski's Repulsion, but I wanted the discussion to be less focused on the director and more on the film itself, so Baby Jane it is.

Everything I've read about it pointed to an incredibly depressing, heavy piece of cinema. I'm almost relieved to know there's a reprieve of some kind.

Interesting choice, looking forward to it. Plus, it's o Instant Watch, which makes things easier.

Thanks for running the show, guys. I'll start thinking about my selection for the second round.

Cool. :up:

I've seen it before, but it was ages ago, and I'd like to see it again (and pay more attention this time).

I'm looking forward to this here project. Thanks for getting it going.

We should start a new thread. Something like Interference Movie Club I - (Movie Title).
Just so people dont have to dig if they havent been following along in the thread to figure out what the movie of the fortnight (!) is. Then the next person in line will start the thread when the time comes. It will be like a little surprise to see what movie name is next to the thread name. Doesnt that sound like fun, you guys? :hyper:
It might also work out nicely that all the discussion on each film is contained within its own thread. If someone wanted to go back and reference a particular movie, it would be all in one neat little package

Just noticed the timing. I'll be at my parents' the week of the 28th, but will do my best to get it watched next week and add my two cents when/where I can.

We should start a new thread. Something like Interference Movie Club I - (Movie Title).
Just so people dont have to dig if they havent been following along in the thread to figure out what the movie of the fortnight (!) is. Then the next person in line will start the thread when the time comes. It will be like a little surprise to see what movie name is next to the thread name. Doesnt that sound like fun, you guys? :hyper:
It might also work out nicely that all the discussion on each film is contained within its own thread. If someone wanted to go back and reference a particular movie, it would be all in one neat little package

I think this is actually a very good idea. Perhaps the general Movie Club thread could be used to discuss suggestions (for instance, to check whether many people have seen a movie someone intends to suggest)?

Back
Top Bottom