Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

20070621.jpg

Clickity-click-click---...click.

onion_imagearticle1358.jpg

You are correct, sir!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

According to rumors, Area 51 is involved, Russian Commies are the bad guys while Cate Blanchett is the main villain. :ohmy:

And there's another rumor of Karen Allen having a cameo as Marion again, but that one's been around for a while.

Shit...he doesn't look so bad...I was expecting him to look slightly more geriatric...then again Indy has always been a kinda aging hero as such.

I think it's the fact that he's clean-shaven, without the old man beard and scruff it definitely takes at least 10 years off...

I is slightly more excited now :hyper:

Speaking of Blade Runner, did anyone catch the trailer for the “Final Cut” or whatever they’re calling it during the AFI countdown the other night?

The chance to see Blade Runner on the big screen in all it’s remastered glory is making me even more excited.. :hyper: :hyper:

they're filming in New Haven, CT right about the time i'm going to CT to visit my parents ... methinks i might try to be an extra ... :shifty:

i also hope they work with Harrison's age and don't try to CGI him into looking any younger. let him be old, let him be grizzled, let him be fatherly/grandfatherly and let the camera use the lines on the face to deepen the story and hopefully whatever emotional impact the absolute last Indiana Jones movie -- at least with HF -- will have on the audience.

Irvine511 said:
i also hope they work with Harrison's age and don't try to CGI him into looking any younger. let him be old, let him be grizzled, let him be fatherly/grandfatherly and let the camera use the lines on the face to deepen the story and hopefully whatever emotional impact the absolute last Indiana Jones movie -- at least with HF -- will have on the audience.

Oh they will, he's a guy. Guys are given much more leeway to be older and unretouched on screen. If Indy was a woman they would probably have Lindsay Lohan playing her by now-or Dakota Fanning.

Irvine511 said:
they're filming in New Haven, CT right about the time i'm going to CT to visit my parents ... methinks i might try to be an extra ... :shifty:

Take me with you!!!!!!!!

:wink:

Ah Harrison :drool: Always has been and always will be my favorite actor...just as Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade will always be my favorite movie of all time...

ahhhhhhhh this is so exciting! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

LemonMacPhisto said:
onion_imagearticle1358.jpg

You are correct, sir!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

According to rumors, Area 51 is involved, Russian Commies are the bad guys while Cate Blanchett is the main villain. :ohmy:

I heard the Area 51 and the Roswell incident were factors in the script 5 or 6 years ago. So they either went back to that idea or its an old rumor being recycled.

Like I keep saying I just hope they dont screw this one up. Harrison looks good as Indy again. I guess the age difference from the prior 3 is suppose to be addressed. If the bad guys are the Soviet Union that would make sense as it would obviously be years later, late 1950's most likely.

Last edited:
WinnieThePoo said:
Ridley Scott should consider blade Runner sequel

:uhoh:

We should not be encouraging sequels.

It's bad enough they made Indy IV. We're just all here hoping it's good enough not to shit on the original trilogy.

I agree with what others have said though...as long as there is minimal CGI and they let the story carry more than the effects (trusting that the story is good) then I think it has potential :up:

U2democrat said:
I liked Firewall :shrug:

Then again I like anything with Harrison Ford...except Six Days Seven Nights...but let's not talk about that in an Indy 4 thread :hyper:

I will agree with you for almost anything pre Sabrina. After that there was a decline but you are right saying a bad Harrison Ford movie is still pretty good...

I kinda wish he would try some different roles though with different directors... I would love to see him in a quirky Coen Brothers movie :drool:

Lancemc said:

It's bad enough they made Indy IV. We're just all here hoping it's good enough not to shit on the original trilogy.

Yes, but if there were not sequels there wouldnt even be a trilogy to compare it to. :shrug:

Sequels are fine if they are done properly. Unfortunately alot of the time they are not.

Much more often than not sequels pale in comparison to the original (including the Indy films), and often even disgrace the original. Some sequels actually make for a great franchise (see Indy again), and some very rare cases even surpass the original (Star Wars, Terminator).

But I still don't think we should encourage sequel-making. They're gonna happen one way or another. And if they're miraculously done right, then I'm all for the film. But as a rule, I say the less sequels the better. :up:

Irvine511 said:

I hope not, but for different reasons. At 65, he is still looking pretty damn good. I'd take him over any of the so-called "hot" actors these days, barring Johnny Depp.

Lancemc said:

Hey, anything new doesn't make the old bad (unless they make Greedo shoot first... again). I like expanding the universe and even Young Indy has it's own appeal.

Back
Top Bottom