Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:
Who will embarrass himself more, Harrison Ford or Shia LaBoeuf?

I'm pretty sure it's already Shia LaBeouf.

indiana_jones_4.jpg

I'm not a Shia LaBeouf fan. I will watch the movie because I love the classic Indy movies. But I will be disappointed I'm sure. Just like the new Star Wars movies. George Lucas does like to ruin great things.

All a matter of taste! I like the acting and story much better in Return of the Jedi, though.

And Natalie Portman may be a good-looking girl, but her acting is pretty bad. Especially in #3.

the tourist said:
All a matter of taste! I like the acting and story much better in Return of the Jedi, though.

No. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, two of the stars, are terrible in Jedi. They're both sleepwalking. For evidence, see: 1. the rescue scene in Jabba's Palace ("Someone who LOVES you." Ugh.) and 2. Their lovers quarrel in the Ewok village. The only good acting in the film is from Mark Hamill and Ian McDiarmid.

Also, the story is crap. Another Death Star? Is that supposed to be original? Little munchkin bears who magically defeat an imperial army with sticks and stones?

I know that the prequels aren't everyone's cup of tea, but the plots were a hell of a lot more imaginative (to the point of being convoluted, I admit) than what was going on in Jedi. At least it wasn't a rehash of the others.

lazarus said:
:brokenrecord:

prequels > Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith :yes:

It's close for me though... ewoks vs chewbakkas ? Han and Leia vs Annakin and Padme ? Luke and Emperor vs Annakin and Emperor ?

U2girl said:

Revenge of the Sith :yes:

Despite some of the bad acting and the Darth Vader/Frankenstein moment, I like it better than the original (A New Hope).

lazarus said:

No. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, two of the stars, are terrible in Jedi. They're both sleepwalking. For evidence, see: 1. the rescue scene in Jabba's Palace ("Someone who LOVES you." Ugh.) and 2. Their lovers quarrel in the Ewok village. The only good acting in the film is from Mark Hamill and Ian McDiarmid.

Also, the story is crap. Another Death Star? Is that supposed to be original? Little munchkin bears who magically defeat an imperial army with sticks and stones?

I know that the prequels aren't everyone's cup of tea, but the plots were a hell of a lot more imaginative (to the point of being convoluted, I admit) than what was going on in Jedi. At least it wasn't a rehash of the others.

Palpy's rise to power may be my favorite plot thread of the entire series. He just takes shit over in Sith and it's a hell of a lot of fun to watch (see: The Opera Scene in Sith).

Jedi could've been the greatest film of the bunch, but it's such a lame mess that I don't even know what to think of it anymore. I'll still watch it because it's Star Wars, and the Luke/Vader/Palpy story is excellent, and the Jabba's Palace sequence is great, and the space battle rules, and Admiral Ackbar is prominently involved, but apart from that, it's middle school drama.

I'm gonna sit down and write a treatment or script outline for my ideal version of Jedi, maybe sometime over break after the Heroes Tourney and Space Moon threads are underway.

the tourist said:

Despite some of the bad acting and the Darth Vader/Frankenstein moment, I like it better than the original (A New Hope).

Holy shit. More power to you.

Last edited:
Shia Lebouf sucks!!! Why did they need to bring Indy's kid into the story line!!!!

You're breaking my heart!!!
(prequels = nein)

WHAT???? THEY GOT THE LITTLE &^*% from Malcolm in the Middle to be in the film? OH GOD NO. FUCKKK!!!!!!!

harrisonshiaindyve6.jpg

This is a sad day :(

Last edited:
How about the picture of Cate Blanchett with the black bob?

Now that's cool right there.

I knew Ford was getting up there, but it only occurred to me just now from reading that article that he's older than both Lucas and Speilberg, who by appearances you'd think were 10 years up on him or so.

He was 30 when they did Episode IV, right? Something crazy like that.

^ 35 by the release in 1977. I don't know when they started filming, but it wasn't that much before.

I'm psyched for this. I'm nervous about the sci-fi "The Blob," "Creature From the Black Lagoon," etc. references, but I trust Spielberg & Ford's judgement....if it took them 15+ years to agree with a Lucas script, it has my attention.

Fuck, I still can't believe Lucas rejected the Darabont script. He's a genius when it comes to outlining a story and making a shot look nice, but directing actors and writing dialogue are far from his strongsuits.

Canadiens1160 said:
You're breaking my heart!!!
(prequels = nein)

WHAT???? THEY GOT THE LITTLE &^*% from Malcolm in the Middle to be in the film? OH GOD NO. FUCKKK!!!!!!!

harrisonshiaindyve6.jpg

This is a sad day :(

I thought it was Corey Feldman :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom