Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:
Could michael Douglas, or maybe jeff bridges (a far superior actor) have done just as well in Witness, for example? You bet.

actually, i don't agree. i think he's absolutely perfect in Witness, it's his best-cast role ever, and his best performance ever. he nails the awkwardness in the "honey, now THAT'S good coffee" scene with the Amish, and he does a great job with the outrage ice cream scene as well as the dancing in the barn scene, both scenes in which i think Mr. Douglas would have seethed a bit too much, or been too overtly sexy for. what's great about Ford is that he's really kind of not sexy at all, he's handsome, surely, but there's no real sexiness there, until the great moment when he runs out to Sarah by the birdhouse and they have their moment of passion and ...

well, suffice to say, Ford has been crap for years and years, but he was a smashing screen presence in the early 80s, is almost singlehanded responsible for the nimbleness and exhilaration of the original SW trilogy (he's so missed from the prequels), and Indiana Jones is easily the most dashing screen adventurer there's ever been.

No spoken words said:
Hey, Bastard, you'd better be thinking about/preparing to start the thread that leads to the 64 person battle. That's all I'm saying.

I should be able to tomorrow afternoon.

Laz mentioned Ash right before I went to sleep...I was too tired to comment. I am not as down with Lo Pan as you guys, sorry. I am down with Li Mu Bai, though.

No spoken words said:
Laz mentioned Ash right before I went to sleep...I was too tired to comment. I am not as down with Lo Pan as you guys, sorry. I am down with Li Mu Bai, though.

Ah, NSFW, Lo Pan is a fucking champ.

"Who are these people? friends of yours? now this really pisses me off to no end!"

http://forum.interference.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=4831142

I was thinking the same thing. I want Batty from Blade Runner in there somewhere, but don't think he'd exactly fit.

"Give me life, fucker!"

Well, again, need to come up with 50 from each, then we can whittle it down to 32, with some help, and then the seeding....so, Batty could be in the 50.....

Fuck Lo Pan.

We're hijacking this thread, it's about Indy.

Indy is a one-seed no doubt. But do any Indy villains make the bad guy list?

Belloq is a bit of a pussy and French. I don't even remember the guy's name from Temple of Doom, and Elsa and Gen. Veers from Empire are kind of lame.

If anything, I'd vote for this guy:

mo_77.jpg

He looks a bit like Vizzini from The Princess Bride... just a bit?

I don't know anymore.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm still reeling from the Speed Racer trailer.

:no: :no: :no: Please don't bring that up. I just had some fond childhood memories torched thanks to that awful thing.. :no: :no: :no:

I still remember the Dexter's Laboratory parody of Speed Racer. :drool: Makes the actual film for it look shameful, even when using completely different characters.

The only question remains, which will suck more...Alvin And The Chipmunks, or Speed Racer?

Back
Top Bottom