Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3 new photos courtesy of IGN (http://media.movies.ign.com/media/033/033714/imgs_1.html)

Indy3.jpg

Indy1.jpg

Indy2.jpg

The last one is my fav... "The Hero Shot" :love:

Irvine511 said:
when do we get a trailer? :waiting:

I thought we'd get one with Beowulf, but that would make too much sense.

The next huge Paramount release is Cloverfield in January, we may see one then.

Uhh, that last pic reminds me too much of the constipated righteous indignation Harrison Ford that we've been dealing with for the last 20 years. All it's missing is the pointing finger.

"How dare you, sir!"

I couldn't finish that movie, it was just... gah.

Firewall wasn't any better either.

U2democrat said:

:scream:

How can you say such things?!?! :sad:

*Looks up at giant Indiana Jones poster*
:heart:

Ford was, at one time, a charming screen presence...for like 5 films. The last time I saw him do anything where he appeared to be either (a) trying or (b) enjoying his work was when he put on his father's hat, then danced around pretending to be Scottish in Last Crusade. Since then it's been mostly dour, serious, glum work with very little electricity aside from the awkward righteous indignation moments mentioned above. Which is strange considering he's a notorious pothead. Then again, if I was making films that bad simply for the money I'd be frying my brain too just to forget everything.

Do I need to remind people that, even after soulless dreck like Air Force One he was offered the Michael Douglas role in Traffic and turned it down? Who the fuck is his agent?

I'm slightly looking forward to the new Indy, but not if it's going to be the Ford we've been seeing for the last 20 years.

BTW, he's the most replacable element of Blade Runner, and pretty much deserves zero credit for it being a genre classic, unless you think his limited range and blank slate performance was perfect casting for what now appears to be a subtlely-disguised replicant role. You could probably say the same thing about Witness, too, minus the replicant part.

lazarus said:
"I didn't kill my WIFE!"

God he's a bad actor.

So true. Air Force One for me was the worst with the quivering face turned into awkward stiff upper lip muttering that absolute ham. It was a crime that Gary Oldman had to be cast opposite him, could have been an all time classic with any kind of actor playing the President. Even Michael 'Have You Seen My Ass Yet?' Douglas.

The Fugitive, well, I haven't seen it since it came out so I would assume it's in the ballpark.

He's cast in a new flick about Fallujah coming up and I can't even fathom how craptastic that one will be. Then again, maybe he has been truly mailing it in the last few yea...decades.

Still Han Solo and Indy are the fucking balls.

You even argue he was terrible in Return of the Jedi.

I don't know, his status is cemented as Indy and Han Solo for me and Blade Runner is one of my all-time faves, but I do enjoy the Jack Ryan movies, Witness, and about half of What Lies Beneath. Other than that though... :|

I also enjoy the Jack Ryan movies, and Witness is a classic. He was very good in that film. I don't know how anyone thinks otherwise.

Blade Runner is one of the best movies of the 80's, and I think Ford did the part well.

And I don't care what anyone else thinks - The Fugitive was a great movie.

What he's done recently has been horrific, though. I do agree with that.

lazarus said:

Ford was, at one time, a charming screen presence...for like 5 films. The last time I saw him do anything where he appeared to be either (a) trying or (b) enjoying his work was when he put on his father's hat, then danced around pretending to be Scottish in Last Crusade. Since then it's been mostly dour, serious, glum work with very little electricity aside from the awkward righteous indignation moments mentioned above. Which is strange considering he's a notorious pothead. Then again, if I was making films that bad simply for the money I'd be frying my brain too just to forget everything.

Do I need to remind people that, even after soulless dreck like Air Force One he was offered the Michael Douglas role in Traffic and turned it down? Who the fuck is his agent?

I'm slightly looking forward to the new Indy, but not if it's going to be the Ford we've been seeing for the last 20 years.

BTW, he's the most replacable element of Blade Runner, and pretty much deserves zero credit for it being a genre classic, unless you think his limited range and blank slate performance was perfect casting for what now appears to be a subtlely-disguised replicant role. You could probably say the same thing about Witness, too, minus the replicant part.

I can't even get around to criticizing his acting. It's his slack-jawed, yokel look that drives me insane.

story.jpg

firewall4.jpg

Last edited:
my point was that he had great taste in scripts up to the early 90's, but aside from Indy & Han solo, I dont think his perfs are what made these films great. Could michael Douglas, or maybe jeff bridges (a far superior actor) have done just as well in Witness, for example? You bet.

Drew Struzan does great posters.

I think the title would have been a bit less unwieldy if it had just been "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull".

Back
Top Bottom