Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I caught the movie over the weekend. I saw it on my friend's computer. It was OK, but it wasn't as good as the others. Shia was cool and I dug his Marlon Brando Wild Ones look. If they make another Indy, he's the focus and old Indy has a more limited role...if he's still alive.

Do you mean he never told you the tale, to amuse your Captain?

Oh, sir, it was Khan! We picked him up on Ceti Alpha Five... He put... creatures... in our bodies... to control our minds. He must us... say lies... do tings. He thought he controlled us, but he did not. The Keptin was strong.

Did I tell you that I saw Chekhov in person? No one was at his table for autographs and it made me sad.

Did you approach him, at least?

Yeah, told him how much I loved him in the series and in the episodes of Babylon 5 I've seen. Didn't have anything for him to sign though.

I did get Scotty's autograph shortly before he passed away though.

Yeah, told him how much I loved him in the series and in the episodes of Babylon 5 I've seen. Didn't have anything for him to sign though.

I did get Scotty's autograph shortly before he passed away though.

My dorkiness is never really a secret, and the only thing that kept me from getting a daily beating in grade school was the fact that I played sports, too....but despite that, I've never been to a Trek convention. Not putting it down, at all, just saying that I never did cross that line. Will I quote lines from Star Trek II on an internet site while watching the Yankees, though? Sure, that's not dorky at all.

Yeah, I went to these when I was around 8-9 years old. Would I go to them now? Most likely not unless someone like Kirk, Adama, Data, or Picard come.

You caught me. I dressed up like my favorite character, Lance's Mom:

ferengi.jpg

I caught the movie over the weekend. I saw it on my friend's computer. It was OK, but it wasn't as good as the others. Shia was cool and I dug his Marlon Brando Wild Ones look. If they make another Indy, he's the focus and old Indy has a more limited role...if he's still alive.

I really don't think Shia is that big of an actor to carry an entire movie.

oh please

what about the ark of the covenant, or pulling someones heart out of their chest and they're still alive, indi isn't about realism its about entertainment and adventure and comedy. I LOVED it, i thought it was great, and who gives a shit if it has aliens in it?!

x-files. give me a break

go indi!! :p

show me what part of my post where i complained about "realism"? come on, where is it? Indiana jones has always been about the supernatural and religious not the extraterrestrial. hence my reference to "the X-files". learn how to comprehend what you read before jumping on somebody for having a fucking opinion.

I'm seeing this again with the Lady Friend tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as I did last time, if I pay attention to it at all.

:wink:

So I just re-watched Last Crusade. It's still a hell of a lot of fun, but it's got it's share of cringeworthy moments (pretty much anything involving Indy/Elsa or the "reveals" of Donovan/Elsa being with the Nazis). And if you guys are complaining about Marion getting wasted in Indy IV, what about Sallah and Brody just tagging along for the ride this time around, getting lost and fetching camels?

Still, the pairing of Connery/Ford as father and son is absolutely classic and most of the comedic moments really work. The action set pieces hold up and the MacGuffin of the Holy Grail is second only to the Ark in that department. It's great how the first three have these remarkably different tones, Raiders as the sly actionfest, Temple of Doom as the ridiculously dark one, and Last Crusade as the lighter romp.

After watching again, it's closer to the quality of [/i]Temple of Doom[/i] than I previously thought, is still the best sequel of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom