Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
spaceball.gif

:camera:

The Dark Knight, Incredible Hulk, Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, and Clone Wars movies are the ones I really have to see in theaters. Any more than that's just gravy for me.

It doesn't beat Raiders (I don't know if its even possible top it), I think its better than Temple of Doom (my least favorite Indy film) and I think its just a hair under Last Crusade but very close to as good.

I like the continuity feel Raiders, Crusade and Skull create by having re-emerging characters (Sallah in 1 and 3, Marion in 1 and 4, Brody in 1 and 3...) and with mentions of Jones sr., Marcus and the Ark itself in this last one. BTW - where did Sallah go ? I agree this one's close to Crusade, even better in some ways because it doesn't re-use the Nazis and Spalko is the best Indy villain since that Gestapo guy and Belloq from the first movie.

I saw the trailor for Mummy 3 just before this movie - the copies just can't beat the original. I'm now looking forward to Bond 23, HP 6 and maybe Batman.

Oh, I am. It's just that I am powerless against the sway of James McAvoy and Angelie Jolie in a stylized thriller. That much pretty on the big screen? I'm compelled to go. Powerless against the pretty.

I thought you wanted to see it for Morgan Freeman.

Please tell me he narrates that movie.

Well I finally saw it last night - i LOVED it!
It had the right amount of humour and action, and even though i cannot stand Shia Lepoof, he didn't grate too much on me. Indi is just brilliant, I loved his sparing with Marian. Very cool. Cate was excellent too! Overall I really really enjoyed it, which is rare these days with the amount of horrendous movies out there!

The better part is seeing Baby Mama make more money than Speed Racer.

I did not see Baby Mama

I did enjoy Speed Racer

but, with 120 million dollar budget, that box office must hurt

I haven't seen either, but seeing those numbers are mind-boggling to me.

What's the general opinion of the people who saw Sex though? Good? Bad?

Indy only dropping 50% from a 125 million dollar weekend is pretty good. It'll make about 300 mil domestic easily.

So far, the only people I've talked to who've seen Sex and the City have been happy with it, and they were fans of the show.

I don't think that folks who either a) are unfamiliar with the show and characters; or b) don't like the show or characters would remotely like it, and should therefore not go see it.

I think the negative reviews read too much into it (other than being dismayed at the long running time; I agree it was too long) - it's not about shoes, cosmopolitans or even the sex (although all those things are part of the fun of the show). It's about wanting to spend some more time with the characters we love, to see what happens to them next.

But uh ... yeah! I would take a stab and say most people who see the movie of their own volition (i.e., not being cajoled by a girlfriend into seeing it) will like it, because they are already fans of the show.

So far, the only people I've talked to who've seen Sex and the City have been happy with it, and they were fans of the show.

I don't think that folks who either a) are unfamiliar with the show and characters; or b) don't like the show or characters would remotely like it, and should therefore not go see it.

I think the negative reviews read too much into it (other than being dismayed at the long running time; I agree it was too long) - it's not about shoes. It's not about cosmopolitans. It's not even about sex. It's about wanting to spend some more time with the characters we love, to see what happens to them next.

But uh ... yeah! I would take a stab and say most people who see the movie of their own volition (i.e., not being cajoled by a girlfriend into seeing it) will like it, because they are already fans of the show.

That's cool.

I can only hope the eventual Arrested Development movie is as well-received among its fans.

Oh, me too! What's the timeframe for that - have they even mentioned when it might come out?

If not, I won't start believing it's actually happening until there's reports of scripts and filming and release dates.

That's what happened with the second X-Files movie. It's like "Yeah yeah yeah, whatever" and then ".... there's a script? .... they're FILMING???? .... JULY 25th!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:wink:

I watch Indiana Jones last night and was completely dissapointed. True, I never watched the first three but I still expected somewhat of a decent experience. I was bored half-way through it and completely turned off once I realized that, yes, they were using the ubiquitous "aliens took it" cop out. :tsk:

Oh, me too! What's the timeframe for that - have they even mentioned when it might come out?

I've just read inklings of getting the whole gang back together. Expect something in '09, probably in the Spring if it comes together real quick.

I watch Indiana Jones last night and was completely dissapointed. True, I never watched the first three but I still expected somewhat of a decent experience. I was bored half-way through it and completely turned off once I realized that, yes, they were using the ubiquitous "aliens took it" cop out. :tsk:

thank you

every movie should be able to stand on it's own merits

this film is sub par

oh please

what about the ark of the covenant, or pulling someones heart out of their chest and they're still alive, indi isn't about realism its about entertainment and adventure and comedy. I LOVED it, i thought it was great, and who gives a shit if it has aliens in it?!

x-files. give me a break

go indi!! :p

oh please

what about the ark of the covenant, or pulling someones heart out of their chest and they're still alive, indi isn't about realism its about entertainment and adventure and comedy. I LOVED it, i thought it was great, and who gives a shit if it has aliens in it?!

x-files. give me a break

go indi!! :p

It's not that the ending's implausible, but seeing the CG alien staredown Comrade Cate was a little much. You never saw God show up and blow up Nazis like "God" in Star Trek V. Why? Because Star Trek V sucks.

Back
Top Bottom