Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh My God. I just got back.

I haven't left a movie feeling like I saw a little piece of magic in QUITE some time.

So I was a dumbass and posted my review here when I should have put it in the reviews thread....it'll be over there if anyone is interested in reading the slightly-drunken thoughts of an Indy Jones fan who just saw Indy Jones 4....

Alright, so I haven't slept yet.

And, fuck it, I can't stop thinking about it.

This movie fucking ruled. I don't know if it's the sleep deprivation, or the longing for the innocence of childhood, or if it was just the pure joy and majesty of the new Indiana Jones movie I watched earlier tonight....but I'm on a crazy high right now. This movie is owning my mind right now. I officially LOVE LOVE LOVE Indy 4.

Go see it. Revel in the fun and the adventure and the silliness and the magic of cinema. I don't care. Delight. Delight in our youth...the ever-present youth of our hearts and our minds. Goddam. You better stop me before I begin.

This is Indiana Jones. This is rock and roll. This is life.

I'm going to see it tonight with a bunch of friends. I'm already getting excited over it! :hyper:

Alright, so I haven't slept yet.

And, fuck it, I can't stop thinking about it.

This movie fucking ruled. I don't know if it's the sleep deprivation, or the longing for the innocence of childhood, or if it was just the pure joy and majesty of the new Indiana Jones movie I watched earlier tonight....but I'm on a crazy high right now. This movie is owning my mind right now. I officially LOVE LOVE LOVE Indy 4.

Go see it. Revel in the fun and the adventure and the silliness and the magic of cinema. I don't care. Delight. Delight in our youth...the ever-present youth of our hearts and our minds. Goddam. You better stop me before I begin.

This is Indiana Jones. This is rock and roll. This is life.

Ugh! Amazing. Pretty much exactly how I felt/feel. Anyone who has a bad word to say seriously must've been over-analyzing. It was pure fun, and I couldn't have had a greater time.

The is a theater a couple of blocks from my offices

they say it has the largest screen west of the Mississippi

fans camped out there a few days, tents. barbecues, bullwhips and the like

dpt-indianajones052108.jpg
Faithful "Indy" fan Ralph Perez organizes his outside shrine dedicated to all things Indiana Jones at his camp site in front of Edwards Big Newport theater. Included are vintage radios, phonograph players, old maps and treasures from the '30s and '40s.

?Indiana Jones? fans camp out at Newport theater and set up shrine in honor and anticipation of the series? latest installment.

By Brianna Bailey

Updated: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 12:00 PM PDT

When Indiana Jones swings on screen with his signature bullwhip and fedora for the first time in 19 years tonight at the Edwards Big Newport theater, it will be like the return of a long lost friend for superfan Ralph Perez.

?I want to experience it with people who are as excited as I am, up on the big screen as it was meant to be,? Perez said.

Perez and other die-hard Indy fans have been camped out in front of Edwards Big Newport since Friday awaiting the first screening of ?Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? at midnight tonight. With its 40-by-80-foot screen, Edwards Big Newport was one of the last large-screen theaters to be built in Southern California. Film buffs flocked to the movie house in years past for the premieres of the last three ?Star Wars? films.

I will try and catch an early screening tomorrow. :up:

Going tonight (in like 2 1/2 hrs). Hopefully won't be disappointed or ima kill Lucas. Kill him good.

Probably one of the most hilarious/cringe-worthy moments in that movie. Well, ones not from Willie.

I heard the trailer for David Fincher's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett) is showing before Indy.

Has anyone seen this?

79% fresh at Rotten Tomatoes.

I do believe I will fight to get a ticket at my neighborhood theater this weekend. The theater with the best popcorn around.

I heard the trailer for David Fincher's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett) is showing before Indy.

Has anyone seen this?

I saw it

looked really good, the cinematography caught my eye

also, the score was impressive.

But, sometimes, the trailer and film are not the same

79% fresh at Rotten Tomatoes.

I do believe I will fight to get a ticket at my neighborhood theater this weekend. The theater with the best popcorn around.

I know there is a lot of love for this movie going around

but, don't get your expectations up too high

I saw it at perhaps, the "premier" theater on the west coast

and I enjoy it ok, entertaining while I watched it

there was a short applause in this theater, and remember this was the 7:15 showing on the opening day, a very full house, 1000 people

I can't even rate this on a 5 star scale

I think it is about a C,

last night i was thinking a C+

Back
Top Bottom