Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GirlsAloudFan said:

Yeah I didn't exactly answer your question earlier.

We certainly don't need to be drunk for the movie.

The reason we originally started out doing it was for the thrill. A bunch of high school kids walking into a crowded movie theater with bottles of rum tucked in our jackets...I think we thought we were God's gift to teenage mischievousness. And then it ended up being fun. A way to add a little excitement to the whole movie-going experience. It was cool to walk outside after the show with a little buzz.

So to make a long story short I would say the main reason we do it is, purely and simply, because it is fun.

I totally understand the illicit thrill involved when you were in HS.

I have friends from high school who are now in college and like to go to movies drunk for the "fun" of it...but end up being disruptive and obnoxious to others in the audience :shrug: Just my 2 cents. Perhaps that can be taken up in another thread.

However, the critics cannot dampen my excitement about seeing Indy IV. I don't care if it's a pile of crap compared to the others, I just want to go and be entertained. Is that so wrong? I mean this is Indiana Jones we're talking about, there's no need to get so elitist.

U2democrat said:
I have friends from high school who are now in college and like to go to movies drunk for the "fun" of it...but end up being disruptive and obnoxious to others in the audience :shrug: Just my 2 cents. Perhaps that can be taken up in another thread.

However, the critics cannot dampen my excitement about seeing Indy IV. I don't care if it's a pile of crap compared to the others, I just want to go and be entertained. Is that so wrong? I mean this is Indiana Jones we're talking about, there's no need to get so elitist.

Harrison Ford
is old

do not
waste your time
seeing it.

It's more like:

WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

I really like TOD, minus her. I love the mine cart chase scene, of course the banquet hall dinner scene. It's a great dark turn, sandwiched between Raiders and Last Crusade. It's just...her. Ugh.

The banquet scene is fucking atrocious. I love the stuff going back and forth between Indy, the British guy, and the Thuggee bitch, but it's counteracted by Willie's terrible scenery chewing.

TOD's insane, but it's still enjoyable. Short Round and his relationship with Indy is terrific. :up:

corianderstem said:
It's more like:

I'm pretty sure this is how NSW described your marriage.

topheavylobot_bg.jpg

Does NOT approve.

Back
Top Bottom