Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:
Yeah, out by Universal Studios.

I never like going to movies alone. It makes me feel like Pee-Wee Herman or something.

I am over here about an 90 minutes away in the O C.

Just don't do pee wee behavior, in the theater.

Irvine511 said:

we've had three internet reviews so far. one is a pan, and the other two are lukewarm.

gotta wonder if these aren't plants -- diminish expectations so the movie comes as a surprise, rather than a letdown.

could be :hmm:

The whole Phantom Menace thing was inevitable - you can't have that much hype and not expect it to be a let down.

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, I don't recall being overly disappointed by it at the time...

deep said:

I am over here about an 90 minutes away in the O C.

Just don't do pee wee behavior, in the theater.

That's cool.

Oh, don't you worry about me.

elevated_u2_fan said:

The whole Phantom Menace thing was inevitable - you can't have that much hype and not expect it to be a let down.

agreed. it couldn't possibly have lived up to expectations.

Irvine511 said:
we've had three internet reviews so far. one is a pan, and the other two are lukewarm.

gotta wonder if these aren't plants -- diminish expectations so the movie comes as a surprise, rather than a letdown.
:shh: (i'm on the payroll, too)

I have low expectations for it, so we'll see what happens. When a star (Ford) goes on a talk-show (Leno) and doesn't show a clip of the movie they are there to promote... it doesn't bode well for the movie. Hell, they could have shown the same clip that's being aired on the commercials, but no, they didn't show anything. :shrug:

And deep - I think LMP is in FL, so it's a different Universal :wink:

I think in FL, it's not called "going pee wee", but "going little nicky".

YLB, we can just superimpose your face over this and post it in Interference Photos:

paul_reubens.jpg

Oh, now little nicky's being added to the repertoire.

Great joke, terrible movie.

I've heard it's been generating some bad buzz, but I'm still excited to see it. I don't care if it's not great, I just want it to be fun.

A friend and I are going Thursday night at the Cinerama, always a great place to see the Big Event movies in Seattle.

corianderstem said:

A friend and I are going Thursday night at the Cinerama, always a great place to see the Big Event movies in Seattle.

cinerama_lg.jpg

Wow !

it really does look like a great place to see a movie.

I nearly got into a fight at the bar last night with some dick who was talkin' shit about the new Indy Jones picture.

Cooler heads prevailed.

I won the argument.

GirlsAloudFan said:
I nearly got into a fight at the bar last night with some dick who was talkin' shit about the new Indy Jones picture.

Cooler heads prevailed.

I won the argument.

you may have won the "argument"

but within 12 hours, the cat will be out of the bag
and that shit talkin' dick may have been right :shrug:

Yes, we will see. I sincerely hope he was wrong, though.

I think once the reviews start coming in I'm going to avoid this thread and AICN like the plague.

My glass is half-full right now and I don't want it to spill before I see this thing on Thursday.

I have such low expectations, > that I may enjoy it

I certainly don't want to watch it on a TV

I do plan on sitting though the big screen adventure

The news of Lucas wanting an Indy 5 with Shia as the main guy and Ford as the Connery-like sidekick is absolutely fucking terrible.

Hopefully it's just a tongue-in-cheek joke.

I hope it's a joke to. I'm sorry, but I don't like Shia. I can't put my finger on why...hopefully he'll do something to impress me in Indy IV. I just can't shake that obnoxious kid from Even Stevens. (That was the show...right?)

nonononono NO! NO!

He's like an obnoxious Short Round. One of the only things I really like about Temple of Doom.

The only person that liked Kate Capshaw in that movie was Stevie Spielberg.

Well, I liked her doing 'Anything Goes,' mostly because she wasn't whining yet.

Emile Hirsch is going to be everything every claims Shia is bound to become. Which is good, because he actually deserves it.

Back
Top Bottom