Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was sexy.

I loved Ford's delivery of the "Put your hands down, you're embarrassing us" line. He's still got it.

Thanks, Lazarus.

:up:

There was a commercial that aired tonight during American Idol. It's the first I had seen of it before that YouTube clip that lazarus posted

so i wish it were clearer, and hopefully by friday we'll have a gorgeous HD version, but it looks terrific, and it looks like the (for lack of a better description) trademark Spielberg action "dimensionality" -- depth of field, coordination of moving elements, sophisticated action choreography, composition and geographic coherence -- are going to hit a new high.

or so we can hope. there's some advance buzz that the movie isn't very good, but then some other buzz that says it's the best one since "raiders."

:shrug:

we shall see.

Irvine511 said:
or so we can hope. there's some advance buzz that the movie isn't very good, but then some other buzz that says it's the best one since "raiders."

Unfortunately, it doesn't have to be that great to achieve that goal.

lazarus said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't have to be that great to achieve that goal.

agreed on "doom," but i think "crusade" is really quite good -- easily the best script of the series.

I don't think I've watched any other movie as much as Crusade...I literally watch it at least once a month, and I have the poster for it over my head right now.

I'm SUPER excited for this movie, but I'm keeping my expectations low. Don't let yourself get so jaded that nothing will ever satisfy you.

A new Indiana Jones movie? Looking at the number of pages in this thread, I feel as if I've been living under a rock! But I saw a trailer last night and now I'm psyched! :hyper:

For some reason I've never been big on this franchise. I've only seen the original movies once... barely! :reject:

So you think Raiders is bad? Are you deranged?

While Crusade didn't have the embarrassing low points of Doom, it didn't have the great action setpieces, either. So they're both mixed bags, in my opinion. A similar comparison could be made with the Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions.

And like the Animatrix, the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles are better than either of the sequels.

Obviously, it won't be able to match Raiders. But if Crystal Skull is even somewhat close to as much fun as Temple and/or Crusade it will be my top film of 2008.

And I'm curious, Lazarus, as to what you think the "embarrassing low points" of Temple are? I'm struggling to think of what you could be referring to...

GirlsAloudFan said:
And I'm curious, Lazarus, as to what you think the "embarrassing low points" of Temple are? I'm struggling to think of what you could be referring to...

Anything involving Kate Capshaw? :wink:

I've always found Kate's performance to be really cute. It might be my childhood bias getting in the way, but there is nothing 'embarrassing' about Temple. Unless they just changed the definition of 'unrelenting badassity' to mean 'embarrassing'

Also...I was under the impression that the geekified one-word version of the title was 'Temple'

I don't know where you guys got 'Doom' from.

GirlsAloudFan said:
I've always found Kate's performance to be really cute. It might be my childhood bias getting in the way, but there is nothing 'embarrassing' about Temple.

Yep, it's your childhood bias.

I saw the film when I was 12, and thought it was wack then. I didn't like E.T., either, for the record.

Zootlesque said:
I did not like Temple of Doom. Were we supposed to take those ridiculous scenes from "India" seriously? :huh:

I know... and what the hell was with the that torture scene? It was all wrong... :tsk:

And who taught that guy to pull a heart out of a dude's chest? Amateur...

Last edited:
I loved Crusade, I thought it was one of the better 'part three' installments to any franchise.

I was about 10 when I first saw Temple of Doom (when it came out) and I'm sure I thought it was fun back then but honestly all I can really remember about it (junior high, high school) was making fun of it. The last time I saw it, maybe 10 years ago, I still didn't like it.

Raiders is like a Scarlett Johannsen/Jessica Biel sandwich.

The Temple of Doom is my favourite, then the Last Crusade, then Raiders. I guess because I don't take them too seriously like some people? I'm in those movies for the fun, and there's the most fun in The Temple of Doom--and it has the best soundtrack of the three. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom