Indiana Jones - I believe this is worthy of its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lancemc said:

Too easy, Laz. I expect more. :tsk:

Well I would have gone with Shmi Skywalker (Ani's Mom, Lance's Mom), but I don't think Shmi liked getting tied up and beaten by Tusken Raiders.

Sy Snootles?

sysnoot.jpg

Y'know, I just watched it for the 3rd time. This time I had better sound & was able to hear the music more....and I liked the trailer a lot more. :shrug:

I saw this in the theatre yesterday before The Spiderwick Chronicles (don't ask), and I wasn't any more impressed.

Really clunky stuff. Spielberg on autopilot.

Just pray it's better than that shitfest The Lost World.

Damn that poster is horrible. I really hope this turns out well, I really do. But...eesh...

Oh it's not just the posters dictating my expectations...I was just saying I think that's a particularly lame poster design.

I figured you were smarter than that :wink:

But yeah, I think it would be a little better except the big head of harrison ford seems kind of messed up.

I want my expectations to be low, but at the same time, I'm SO excited.

George Lucas says his new 'Indiana Jones' is 'just a movie'

By Scott Bowles, USA TODAY

To hear him talk, you'd think George Lucas would have preferred to call his movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Don't Get Your Hopes Up.

Lucas, who co-wrote and produced the May 22 film, can sound downright sullen when it comes to his expectations of fan reaction to the year's most highly anticipated movie.

"When you do a movie like this, a sequel that's very, very anticipated, people anticipate ultimately that it's going to be the Second Coming," Lucas says. "And it's not. It's just a movie. Just like the other movies. You probably have fond memories of the other movies. But if you went back and looked at them, they might not hold up the same way your memory holds up."

The remarks appear to be part of a larger strategy to build interest yet temper expectations for the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise. Only one trailer is playing, and when director Steven Spielberg shows up for talk shows, he doesn't bring footage.

Lucas says he learned his lesson about unrealistic expectations when he revived the Star Wars franchise in 1999. "When people approach the new (Indiana Jones), much like they did with Phantom Menace, they have a tendency to be a little harder on it," he says. "You're not going to get a lot of accolades doing a movie like this. All you can do is lose."

Except when it comes to money. Analysts expect it to rake in well more than double its reported budget of $125 million. But Lucas says that doesn't hold much sway for him, Spielberg and Harrison Ford.

"We came back to do (Indy) because we wanted to have fun," he says. "It's not going to make much money for us in the end. We all have some money. … It would make a lot of money if you weren't rich. But we're not doing it for the money."

It's fan and critic reaction for which the team is bracing, but Lucas says he has quit trying to appeal to everyone. "It was really a blast" to make. "And it turned out fantastic. … I like to watch it."

Lucas concedes that it will be impossible to water down expectations, even among fellow filmmakers.

The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan met Lucas at the ShoWest convention this month and says he's impatient to see the competition. "Come on, he's George Lucas," Nolan says. "I felt like I should have kissed the ring."

Eh, good for him. :applaud: You know, as much as I was extremely disappointed with Phantom Menace, it must've really sucked to be George Lucas and see the majority of your fanbase react so negatively.

I'd like to say that no one should make a movie "just for the fun of it," but you know what---as long as he never again goes back and changes the movies he's already made, I say let him do whatever he wants with new material.

Last edited:
OK, so, I had a vivid dream last night about the new Indiana Jones movie.

2 thing stuck out:
He imitated a Scottish lord again...:uhoh::giggle:

There was a really exciting car chase scene, with Shia Lebouf's character and Marion Ravenwood trapped in the back of a car driven by Cate Blanchett's henchmen and Harrison Ford was chasing them and it was a rather exciting scene.

Then again, it was all a dream :sigh:

New TV ad:

A new TV spot is now online for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and it’s moderately superior to last month’s clunky teaser trailer. The “genius” line between Harrison Ford and a stiff-haired Shia LaBeouf has the kind of smart ass pop that the classic adventure franchise warrants. Also, notice that the scene most snarked at by fanboys in the original trailer, where Indiana Jones fell ass-first into the windshield of a moving vehicle and awkwardly punched out a goon, has been replaced, wisely, by a Steven Spielberg credit. Otherwise, nothing much new here.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/03/29...a-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull/

I agree with the quote on the 'smartass pop' of the first line....nice. And I also agree that the "ass-first" bit is much better left out of the trailer.

Shia calls Indy "professor," hopefully adding one more tick in the "Not Indy's Son" category....:yes:

U2democrat said:
OK, so, I had a vivid dream last night about the new Indiana Jones movie.

2 thing stuck out:
He imitated a Scottish lord again...:uhoh::giggle:

There was a really exciting car chase scene, with Shia Lebouf's character and Marion Ravenwood trapped in the back of a car driven by Cate Blanchett's henchmen and Harrison Ford was chasing them and it was a rather exciting scene.

Then again, it was all a dream :sigh:
Psychic mad skillz :wink:

:bump:

Because we are officially less than one month away from the U.S. premiere!!!

And also because I just logged onto the movie's official website and the moment the theme music started blasting out of my speakers I started to grin from ear to ear and I was immediately whisked back to the day that I first saw Raiders when I was nine.

Is there a more boner-inducing piece of music than John Williams' main theme for the Indy Jones pictures???

I think not.

I literally cannot wait to see this movie. Dammit.

Me three!

Not to be a downer, but it really is an underwhelming trailer.

But that doesn't matter because I'm still completely confident the movie will kick ass.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Me three!

Not to be a downer, but it really is an underwhelming trailer.

But that doesn't matter because I'm still completely confident the movie will kick ass.

I hate being spoiled by trailers anyway, so the not-so-awesome trailer isn't that big of a deal.

Fuck, the first Indy of my lifetime. This is exciting.

Back
Top Bottom