Inception

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I need to spoil my questions

I don't know if it has been addressed in this thread

but I do recall some complaints about how long they milked the falling van (off the bridge)

I forget the ratio, dream time to real time, was it 1:12

well, the dream within a dream, within a dream. etc

I think in the 3rd layer is 1 minute equals about 1 month

that would be a good sequel, go in for a 60 minute nap - dream,
and have the experiences of 5 years

"There's something you should know about me, I specialize in a very specific type of penetration... Unconscious penetration."

You know that hotel scene with Mal and Dom? Were we supposed to assume she was in a completely different hotel room, or did they have some kind of wacky hotel suite where you could have windows facing each other?

You know that hotel scene with Mal and Dom? Were we supposed to assume she was in a completely different hotel room, or did they have some kind of wacky hotel suite where you could have windows facing each other?

I thought that Mal just checked into the hotel across the street from the one they usually do on purpose.

that was because it was a dreamscape, like when Juno made the upsidedown street,

no wait
Nolan jobbed that scene out to the Lost writers

Everyone I have heard from who has seen this movie has loved it. The only negative I have heard is that the beginning is a bit confusing and slow starting but then it gets good and the effects are amazing.

"I have everything in my hole."

*SPPPPPLLLLLUUUUUURRRRRRGGGGGGG*

"I'd hate to see them out of your hole."

I heard Inception is about dreams. I once bought a dream book because I was interested in dreams and wanted to learn more about them, so I would like to see Inception for the same reasons.

Isn't one of the guys in Inception the charming young man from (%00) Days of Summer?

Check your messages/lease, pal.

No deep analyses from you fancy pants film buffs? c'mon. I was for real looking forward to reading what you guys thought

I'm holding out on posting anything substantial until a second viewing, mostly because I feel like any real input that I may have is too unfocused or in need of some detail clarification.

You know, like buying into the "Cobb's being incepted" theory.

Somehow I've read every spoiler in this thread and feel like I haven't found out anything even remotely surprising or interesting. Still, I look forward to coming back tomorrow night to be a more properly informed snob.

It's the cliched case of the storytelling and not the story itself with this one, as with the rest of Nolan's films. That's definitely not a knock on him by any means, it's what makes all of his ugly-ass films interesting.

Understandable. But I do look forward to enjoying this one to an extent in a NSW sort of way at least. Fun cast, fun heist shit, snowmobiles and dudes fighting in hotels.

Back
Top Bottom