Inception - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,664
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Wasn't he the guest on the Slash-filmcast this week? I'm guessing they're discussing Inception, right? I might have to listen to that.
__________________

__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #272
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Yeah, I read David Chen's follow-up article on that, and White's views on film criticism are exactly as I'd expect. I'd listen to both the review episode and the After Dark.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #273
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,002
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Guy should be put out of his misery.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #274
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Armond White: “I Do Think It Is Fair To Say That Roger Ebert Destroyed Film Criticism” | /Film

"I’ll answer you this way: If there were a whole bunch of critics who I thought were doing a good job, then I would stop."
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #275
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
I don't care what any of you guys thought of it or your over analyzation of it. I liked it, plain and simple. I walked out thinking wtf just happened and how did they pull that off. And I'd see it again, and probably will, someday. Just my two cents.

\backs out of thread.
A lot of us liked it.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #276
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
A lot of us liked it.
Include me in that list. I think I'll see it again this week
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #277
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Include me in that list. I think I'll see it again this week
I don't think anyone in here has out and out disliked it yet, actually. Lance disliked many elements but still pointed other aspects he liked.....

I've seen it twice now, saw it for a 2nd time yesterday.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #278
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Armond White: “I Do Think It Is Fair To Say That Roger Ebert Destroyed Film Criticism” | /Film

"I’ll answer you this way: If there were a whole bunch of critics who I thought were doing a good job, then I would stop."
Personally, I think that Ebert's position lets him be much more honest than a lot of critics. He doesnt have to worry about losing cred for liking a movie that does what it sets out to do, even if it's not 'art', as some might see it. His reviews are never pretentious and I appreciate that.
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #279
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I've seen it twice now, saw it for a 2nd time yesterday.
How did it hold up? Still feel the same way about the ending?
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #280
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
How did it hold up? Still feel the same way about the ending?
I cannot claim to have liked it as much....some of the tension I felt was of course dissolved. It did let me focus on certain scenes that I had discussed with Lance, and that helped answer/clarify a few things for me.

As far as the ending, yes, I still have the same interpretation that I did after the first viewing....but I'm still wide open to any theories/arguments about the ending that contradict how I viewed it.

I've enjoyed discussing it, it's a nice change of pace.

So, I still liked it, most definitely, but there was a slight drop-off.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #281
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 08:52 AM
ya, I guess a lot of the excitement for me was the 'what are they going to do next??" factor, which obviously would be gone the second time around. Still looking forward to it again though.
All the theories are what makes it fun, imo. There aren't too many movies out there that aren't cut and dried by the end.
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #282
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
ya, I guess a lot of the excitement for me was the 'what are they going to do next??" factor, which obviously would be gone the second time around. Still looking forward to it again though.
All the theories are what makes it fun, imo. There aren't too many movies out there that aren't cut and dried by the end.
Agreed...and it's not just the theories, I've enjoyed clarifying/debating the rules of the dream world and their consistency, their logic, etc.....
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #283
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Mike - I know most people in the thread liked it. I had read the whole thread before I posted and as soon as I got home from the theater on Tuesday. It's just when everyone gets into certain details and tries to tear it apart that bugs me. But to each his/her own. I had no idea what the movie was about going in, except that it was Chris Nolan and Leo D. as the starring role.

deep - I'll pass on the offer to drive to the O.C. to see the movie with you.

thanks for the offer

I'll see it again someday. I'd like to see some of the details I may have missed the first time. Plus the overall experience.

\
__________________
Lila64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #284
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,002
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
deep - I'll pass on the offer to drive to the O.C. to see the movie with you.

no big deal

I'll just see it alone

I'm used to it by now
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #285
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
Mike - I know most people in the thread liked it. I had read the whole thread before I posted and as soon as I got home from the theater on Tuesday. It's just when everyone gets into certain details and tries to tear it apart that bugs me. But to each his/her own. I had no idea what the movie was about going in, except that it was Chris Nolan and Leo D. as the starring role.

deep - I'll pass on the offer to drive to the O.C. to see the movie with you.

thanks for the offer

I'll see it again someday. I'd like to see some of the details I may have missed the first time. Plus the overall experience.

\
I'm not really seeing your point about people tearing it down, I guess, but that's ok. Glad you liked it, like I said, we more or less all did in here.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com