In Treatment Season 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The third season of the HBO drama premieres tonight(10/25) and tomorrow(10/26). For those who are unfamiliar, it stars Gabriel Byrne as Dr. Paul Weston, a psychotherapist, and each episode is a session with a patient. Each season gets a new set of patients/actors.

This season, Byrne is joined by Debra Winger, Irrfan Kahn, Dane DeHaan, and Amy Ryan.

I've been watching the reruns over the past couple months. I liked season 1 better, but I think that was solely because I enjoyed the patients more. The previews I've seen from this season look really good.:up:

I liked season one, a lot more too.

That Mia actress, and character was heartbreaking and amazing.

I will be watching again this season.

I fizzled out on watching Season 2, but I'd be interested to see what they do with season 3 because this is the first one that isn't a direct translation if the Israeli show. Do you guys think I need to go back and finish S2 or could I just dive into 3?

I fizzled out on watching Season 2, but I'd be interested to see what they do with season 3 because this is the first one that isn't a direct translation if the Israeli show. Do you guys think I need to go back and finish S2 or could I just dive into 3?

I'd watch S2 if I were you. John Mahoney of Frasier fame was really good, as were Allison Pill and Glynn Turman(as the father of S1's Blair Underwood character, who is suing Paul). A show like this is all dialog and acting, and both were very, very good.

But yes, Mia Wasikowska's character for S1 remains my favorite patient thus far. She was really amazing.

I was liking the Allison Pill/John Mahoney days, and some aspects of the divorcing couple and their kid, but Paul's life problems during season 2 just got unbearably annoying. I'm really looking forward to Ifrahn Kahn and Amy Ryan this season though.

I was liking the Allison Pill/John Mahoney days, and some aspects of the divorcing couple and their kid, but Paul's life problems during season 2 just got unbearably annoying.

I feel the same way.
I got through season 2, it was ok.

I recently re-watched season 1 and really enjoyed it again.
I started a re-watch on season 2. but lost interest.

How were Paul's life problems annoying? The scene where
he watches his father die
, which was sort of a climax of a lot of his personal problems throughout the season, was an emmy-worthy scene for Byrne.

As I said, I didn't finish the season, so I probably missed the climax you're mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom