I Signed Up for Netflix Today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
Turn around next time you go to the movies, he's sitting behind you. He'll even offer to butter your popcorn.

Wow, that is bad, :lol:

So I've had this for a month now, and I should say that I have no complaints. I've received everything I've asked for in a reasonable amount of time. There's only been one week, so far, where they've taken an extra day to process everything, but I really only want to ensure that I receive these before the weekend anyway. I don't have time to watch all of these during weekdays, and I send them all back on Monday.

Anyway, for anyone curious, here's what I've rented so far...

Samurai Champloo: Vol. 4, 2004
Mysterious Skin, 2005
The Office: Series 2, 2002
Samurai Champloo: Vol. 3, 2004
That Obscure Object of Desire, 1977
The Work of Director Jonathan Glazer, 2005
Samurai Champloo: Vol. 2, 2004
A Very Long Engagement, 2004
The Work of Director Chris Cunningham, 2003
Samurai Champloo: Vol. 1, 2004
Donnie Darko: Director's Cut, 2001
Donnie Darko: Director's Cut: Bonus Material, 2001
South Park: Season 6: Disc 2, 2002
South Park: Season 6: Disc 3, 2002
South Park: Season 6: Disc 1, 2002

Melon

Sounds good but I don't see Six Feet Under series one on that list. Don't make me hurt you, melon.

(also The Office series two, does it have The Office Special included? If not, you'll have to rent that one too. It wraps up the whole series.)

melon said:

Mysterious Skin, 2005

I found this thread so I could tell you to add this to your queue but I see you've already seen it. I saw it last night...incredible.

joyfulgirl said:

I found this thread so I could tell you to add this to your queue but I see you've already seen it. I saw it last night...incredible.

Awesome! I've wanted to see that forever.

joyfulgirl said:

Gregg Araki rocks my world. I just watched "The Doom Generation" again. I wish they'd release "Nowhere" on DVD in the U.S. :angry:

Melon

melon said:

Gregg Araki rocks my world. I just watched "The Doom Generation" again. I wish they'd release "Nowhere" on DVD in the U.S. :angry:

Melon

I just realized that the way Mysterious Skin mysteriously appeared in my queue is because I saw it on your list, lol! Then a friend mentioned it to me the other night and I went to add it to my queue, saw it there already, and moved it to the top. I had never heard of it. It was one of the best things I've rented all year. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was amazing. I don't think I've seen anything else Araki has done so I'll have to hunt them all down.

HelloAngel>rent it!

And in other netflix news...they finally have a shipping facility here so I now get movies the next day instead of 2-3 days later. :drool:

joyfulgirl said:
I don't think I've seen anything else Araki has done so I'll have to hunt them all down.

Just as a bit of warning, his films are not for everyone. His other films generally inspire either vitriolic hatred (which is where most people fall seemingly) or admiration (which is where a minority fall, including myself). If you don't like atypical plot structure and expect believability in characters, you might end up disliking his other films.

Beyond that, though, Araki generally does a good job of immersing you into his very strange world.

Have fun!

Melon

Carek1230 said:
Is Netflix $9.45/mo now? I saw an ad on TV last night and I swear they said $9.95/mo.

It's been $9.99 a month for 1 DVD at a time. Most people are interested in 3 DVDs at a time, and that costs $17.99 a month. That's what I am.

Melon

maaaaajor :bump:

I just signed up last night...my discs are supposed to get here tomorrow:hyper: how has the service been lately?

I need some new netflix suggestions. I only have like 5 things in my queue. :grumpy:

Service for me has been very consistent for 2 years.

I was just sent a badly cracked copy of A Fish Called Wanda.

I'm a bit perturbed.

I love Netflix. I've had very little problems with them so far. I've had it for exactly one year now, in fact.
I keep changing the number I get at a time though. Sometimes I'm movie hungry and sometimes I just don't have time to watch.
I downgraded from 3 at a time to 2 at a time now.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I was just sent a badly cracked copy of A Fish Called Wanda.

I'm a bit perturbed.

You report it and send it back. They don't even wait to receive the damaged copy before sending you the new one.

It happens. I've had three cracked discs over the last year.

Melon

joyfulgirl said:
I need some new netflix suggestions. I only have like 5 things in my queue. :grumpy:

I always have over 300, but it's generally because over half of my queue is dedicated to TV series...heh.

Melon

We love Netflix, my Dad was one of their first subscribers. Lately we got the entire season of 'Threshold', a CBS series that was cancelled and never aired completely (a pity), and HBO's 'Rome' (excellent). Video stores will have to get creative to compete with such a successful enterprise. Even though we live on a small island accessible only by ferry, our movies reach us in two days, tops.

:up:

melon said:

You report it and send it back. They don't even wait to receive the damaged copy before sending you the new one.

It happens. I've had three cracked discs over the last year.

Melon

Thanks, I just did that.

:grumpy: the school post office sends out notices that a package has arrived on Saturday,but the school post office isn't actually open on Saturday's :sigh: Guess I'll be waiting till Monday to see V for Vendetta

BTW LMP, it's also one of my favorite movies, I just rented it because I kept telling one of my friends about it over hte last week, and finally she begged me to let her watch it. I was like, "Weeeelllll...I don't actually own it." And then she was sad, so I rented it

bono_212 said:
:grumpy: the school post office sends out notices that a package has arrived on Saturday,but the school post office isn't actually open on Saturday's :sigh: Guess I'll be waiting till Monday to see V for Vendetta

BTW LMP, it's also one of my favorite movies, I just rented it because I kept telling one of my friends about it over hte last week, and finally she begged me to let her watch it. I was like, "Weeeelllll...I don't actually own it." And then she was sad, so I rented it

Wanda is just one of those movies :wink:

You will love V for Vendetta, it's amazing.

I watched it back-to-back with Garden State last night, and I want to marry Natalie Portman right now.

I think V for Vendetta is in my cue

my memory is not what it used to be

I forget what I have already watched

so I put a little crack in the dvd after i watch it

Well, everything has come full circle, as I had to cancel my Netflix service yesterday, due to my move to Toronto at the end of this week. I did want to comment on the cancel process, though, which I must say is extremely simple nowadays. I know people used to complain about how awful it was, but now it is just a matter of clicking a couple of easy-to-find buttons in your online account, and it's done. They then give you a week to return your last DVDs before they'll charge you for them. Not unreasonable at all. As an added bonus, they mention that they'll keep your queue on record for two years, in case you choose to sign up again. I printed mine off before I canceled, but that's good to know.

Well, everything has come full circle, as I had to cancel my Netflix service yesterday, due to my move to Toronto at the end of this week. I did want to comment on the cancel process, though, which I must say is extremely simple nowadays. I know people used to complain about how awful it was, but now it is just a matter of clicking a couple of easy-to-find buttons in your online account, and it's done. They then give you a week to return your last DVDs before they'll charge you for them. Not unreasonable at all. As an added bonus, they mention that they'll keep your queue on record for two years, in case you choose to sign up again. I printed mine off before I canceled, but that's good to know.

You're moving to TO? Let's party!!!!
whee.gif

Back
Top Bottom