I am legitimately excited for this movie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty pumped to see it as well, but for the stupidest reason (Take Me Home Tonight is unironically one of my favorite songs ever)

Haha, I had never heard the song until I saw the trailer, but I'm digging it. It just looks genuinely good to me. It doesn't seem like another "80s teen movie parody". I think they were trying to make it feel like it was genuinely set in the 80s. Plus, I feel like I'm in a similar place to Foreman-I mean, Topher's character in this movie.:lol: My dream is that there would b a surprise cameo by Kurtwood Smith coming into Suncoast Video as a customer and calling him a dumbass. :love:

I am going to try to convince the other half to go with me this to see this one. Think this movie has the potentional to be pretty good. The fact that Topher Grace is in it is of great appeal to me lol. That along with the fact that I grew up in the 80's and actually did enjoy that time era lol.

Love the song Take Me Home Tonight :up:

So, is this Topher Grace's big comeback? It seems he's been in hibernation for the past few years, trying to salvage what's left of his career after the bloated clusterfuck that was Spiderman 3.

^Yeah, I guess you could say that. I always thought he had a lot of potential, and he's hilarious. I'm glad to see him starring in something. They actually shot the movie in 2007, but the studio shelved it because it was wary of the heavy cocaine/drug use. Then Ron Howard and Brian Grazer picked it up last year, I believe.

I keep forgetting to come in here and say anything about this movie.

I was actually pretty surprised, I enjoyed it a great deal. The acting by the side kick (I can't recall his name right now and I'm lazy) was sub-par, but I loved his character, wish they'd gotten anyone else to play him. The plot was pretty ok, and while it's easy to just stuff an 80s movie full of 80s songs, I thought they used the songs in this one incredibly well. Was especially taken with the way they turned "Let My Love Open the Door" into the score of the film in the second half, that was beautiful. As was the scene with "Come on Eileen", thought that sequence was very well done.

There were some really poor dialogue decisions, and a lot of this was played territory. I think my biggest beef with the film is that the movie pretty much could have taken place during any time period. They just arbitrarily picked the 80s because it's easy to do an 80s film, I suppose.

Anyways, for the genre of films it's in, I give it at 4/5. Probably would give it a 3/5 in general.

Oh wait, wait, I forgot, that wasn't my biggest problem with the film...THIS WAS:

The song "Take Me Home Tonight" is not in the film...the fuck?

Oh wait, wait, I forgot, that wasn't my biggest problem with the film...THIS WAS:

The song "Take Me Home Tonight" is not in the film...the fuck?

that's the kind of thing that will completely ruin a movie for me. probably why i don't watch movies. i'm not sure why i'm in this thread, other than mild curiosity at what could possibly be under a title like this thread's/the kind of unfocused not quite boredom brought on by having about 5 different things i'd like to be doing all at once right now. funny how cutting a little bit of warcraft out of my daily life went from "jesus christ, what the hell did i used to do with all that time i wasn't playing wow" to "man, i could go do this...or this...or i could read that...or do this...". probably could have done without the carpentry modifications to my dresser (now currently also functioning as a bookshelf, thus me finally getting some decent use out of that 5th drawer i didn't actually have clothes in), but it's not like anyone was home trying to sleep while i was hammering nails into random pieces of furniture or anything.

pretty sure the overall concept of this film has been done a bazillion times. i can't figure out who felt the need to make another movie about a guy who doesn't know what he wants to do with his life, goes to a party, and tries to figure out what it all means. and look, it's even set in the 80s. :yawn: i also feel the need to make a disparaging remark about the fat guy character actor friend/sidekick with curly hair who isn't actually the fat guy sidekick curly haired guy in all those goddamn other movies. this one looks annoying. at least the other guy is marginally amusing, i guess. so...did i see the entire movie when i watched the trailer? because i kinda felt like i did...

I felt like the trailer didn't show much of anything myself. And are you talking about Jonah Hill? Because yeah, we were making that comment after we saw it too.

I felt like the trailer didn't show much of anything myself. And are you talking about Jonah Hill? Because yeah, we were making that comment after we saw it too.

dunno. seth rogen's buddy there. probably.

Back
Top Bottom