How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still kinda feels like they're trying to pack a few episodes worth of material into one, but another good ep I felt. Loved, loved, loved the premise with Ted and trying to go on a date without looking someone up.

Kal Penn is not working for me at all. At least the first few episodes Zoe was in she was cool and cute n shit. This is just contrived.

Meh. I agree - Kal Penn just doesn't fit.

I will admit to laughing when the "Murder Train" song popped up. I always like that nod to the first season (I think? It's Robin's ex-boyfriend Simon's song that he wanted her to play on her show), and always giggle whenever they play it. :D

I just google imaged "victor soap opera." :laugh: Yeah, it was Eric Braeden (he played Victor on Y&R). I used to watch that show all the time when I was in university. :lol:

ETA - I just looked on Wikipedia, and saw this:

On December 17, 2010, Neil Patrick Harris announced via Twitter that Braeden would not be reprising his role on How I Met Your Mother. In his tweet, Harris called Braeden a "D-Bag" for deciding on very short notice not to film a scheduled cameo for the program. Harris claimed that Braeden said the role was not substantial enough for Braeden to appear.[5] According to Harris, the part has been recast with Ray Wise.

Uhoh. :lol:

Yeah, great episode! Marshall's dad was hilarious.
HOW-I-MET-YOUR-MOTHER-Noretta-18-300x199.jpg

Excellent episode tonight - probably the best all season so far. :up: :up: LOVED the return of the slap bet. :lol: Robin's talk about the hurricane weather being normal for "the 'Couv" was hilarious (although very misguided). Yes, it rains a ridiculous amount here, but not like THAT. I was a bit annoyed at what I at first thought were continuity errors (Lily drinking during the hurricane when I thought she was already pregnant), but at least they answered that by saying the baby was conceived in the bathtub. And yay for Barney/Robin at the end!!

Nice to see the show begin to show glimpses of why I loved it so much back in the first few seasons.

ETA - okay, wait. Now I'm really confused about the timeline of Lily's pregnancy. She was pregnant during the season finale. When the hell did that episode take place - late spring/early summer? Hurricane Irene wasn't until August. :confused: Shouldn't she have already been pregnant by then?

There's a reason I shouldn't be posting online at this hour and confusing the hell out of myself. :lol: Did a quick search and found out that the season finale from last season actually took place in September - they'd skipped ahead to that date. The timeline is fine - I'm just the one who was supremely confused for a good half hour or so. :lol: Lily DID get pregnant during the hurricane - the "food poisoning" and reveal that she was pregnant was in September (despite the episode actually airing in May).

:lol: Damn, I feel stupid. Mental note to self - go to bed at a decent hour and don't try to think too hard (or at ALL) at 12:30am. :wink:

I saw your post previewed on my iphone, so I wonder what I would have thought of the ep if I hadn't seen it, but yeah, I loved it. A lot of great moments.

Marshall is hilarious when he goes all weird, he's been great all season but turning into Edgar Allen Poe and then getting hurt at the end anyway was a pissa :lol:

Barney sloping in his chair so they couldn't see the tie

Can I take it off? You... can... not. With a k. Little tie humour there.

What's with the safety boner?

HURRICANE ERIKSEN!!

There was a massive continuity flaw though - the building that Barney climbed onto to save that kid - that's the "conference call" area from the GNB building.

There's a reason I shouldn't be posting online at this hour and confusing the hell out of myself. :lol: Did a quick search and found out that the season finale from last season actually took place in September - they'd skipped ahead to that date. The timeline is fine - I'm just the one who was supremely confused for a good half hour or so. :lol: Lily DID get pregnant during the hurricane - the "food poisoning" and reveal that she was pregnant was in September (despite the episode actually airing in May).

:lol: Damn, I feel stupid. Mental note to self - go to bed at a decent hour and don't try to think too hard (or at ALL) at 12:30am. :wink:
Don't feel stupid, I was utterly confused about this too... glad that there was an explanation!

There was a massive continuity flaw though - the building that Barney climbed onto to save that kid - that's the "conference call" area from the GNB building.

Doesn't he still work for GNB? His office has always looked the same, so I thought he was still there...

That part about the kid did confuse me, so maybe I missed something in the first few minutes.

Shit, man. That was fucking real.

Really heartbreaking stuff, I felt. This season's going along pretty damn well. Very interested to see how it pans out. I know Barney's been heading more and more towards being a decent guy in the past couple of years, but I didn't think we'd ever see him do something as brave as that only to be undercut and left out on the edge.

Pretty bummed Ted didn't go talk to Barney at the end though.

Holy crap, what a heartbreaker! :sad:

Pretty much. :( I'm really rooting for them to get together.

Kevin's line about "some things shouldn't be talked about" or whatever he was saying in the hospital really annoyed me. I know it fits the storyline, but I don't really think a therapist would say something like that.

Sandy Rivers always cracks me up. :lol: And good for the continuity people to call smoking pot "eating a sandwich." When there was a big pause, I was worried for a second that they would call it something different. :)

I liked Kevin's line and I think it's something a therapist would say: Just because you want to get something off your chest to make yourself feel better doesn't mean what you have to say is of any benefit to the person hearing it, it could actually hurt them.

Two Community stars last night. Todd (sitting next to Ted) and the janitor (singer).

The security footage was a hoot.

Also props to NPH. Great acting.

I thought the Ted/Marshall storyline was really lame ... until the security camera footage, and then I laughed pretty hard.

finally caught myself up with this season so i can look in here again!

I liked Kevin's line and I think it's something a therapist would say: Just because you want to get something off your chest to make yourself feel better doesn't mean what you have to say is of any benefit to the person hearing it, it could actually hurt them.
exactly. in fact, i was reading a book (not a self-help book or anything, though this excerpt sure makes it sound like it!) that said the same thing and in fact used a cheating spouse as an example. the cheater feels great, they got it off their chest. but the cheated now feels like shit and has to carry that around with them forever.

though i'm not sure i like the prospect of barney and robin together again. i really didn't like them together the first time, but who knows.

I read a random comment in the net that said the first time they were together, it wasn't taken seriously, by them or the writers. Now, it seems it is. I think they will end up together (though how non-sitcom would it be if they didn't!!) but it's going to be an interesting second half.

I reckon this is the most I've been into this show since season four :up:

Nice episode. Kinda got a little spoiled, but it really didn't matter.
I was reading up on some continuity stuff, and at one point (in season one, I think) Future Ted says that Robin moves to a bunch of different countries. I wonder if they will be getting into that any time soon.
I do think that Robin will ultimately end up with Barney, but it's going to be a while. Hopefully he and Ted will have a chat about what happened sometime soon. (And we will move forward with meeting the mother :angry:)

Wow, after tonight, I feel like they are racing to the finish. I seem to remember discussion of a known end to the show---are they on for one more season, or am I wrong. I can now totally imagine an ending to this season & then the heart of what takes place next season..

Back
Top Bottom