How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know why I typed that. You have cool opinions all the time. Please ignore anything I type after 2 am on a Friday night.

Anyways, regarding what BoMac was saying...

I've always thought that the mother would be someone we haven't met yet but I completely forgot about that dating service girl whose face they blurred out. I may have to go back and watch that one again. :hmm:

I've always hoped that it would be
the cupcake girl from season one. She was uber-cute and they got along great together. But, alas, there's no reason why she'd be in that classroom....:sigh:

I am pretty sure we've seen the mother a few times already. Hopefully not the cupcake girl (I resent her, because I still wanted him to be with Robin. Definately a big chance it's the girl he bumped into at the st pattie's day party. Also the dating service match as people are saying. I think they may have done a few sneaky things like slipped her into the background in the bar at times, or just walking on the street, because it's the kind of thing they do, so they can go back and point it out later.

I love how layered this show is. I finally finished season 4 last night, and I have to say that it gets better every episode.

Trying hard not to read these spoilers. They're not quote proof unfortunately so I'm diverting my gaze to the top two lines.

At the end of Season 1, Ted receives a call from the dating agency Love Solutions Inc. about a perfect match for him. He sets up a blind date with her, but doesn't go because he decides he wants Robin instead. What makes me think it's her, is because they showed pictures of her, but with her face blocked out. Why block out her face when they showed some of the other profiles? It just made me think that that may be her and she ends up in his class.

By the way, the last scene of Season 1 remains my favourite of the series. It was perfect, from Ted's happiness to Marshall's dejection - and especially the musical choice of This Modern Love by Bloc Party.:love:

I've mentioned this heaps of times too, it's just an amazing end. Also the song that got me into Bloc Party.

Just watched a great episode too, Ted's Murtagh list. And Ted said, it's a list of all the things I'm too old to do, and then Barney's eyes just light up :lol: YES. I ACCEPT.

I just found the muafuckin' BIBLE.

The How I Met Your Mother Blog

Especially, if you're like me, and you just love the music that get's played!!

Thanks to this show I have discovered gems such as:

This Modern Love, Bloc Party
Boys Don't Cry, Grant Lee Phillips
Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect, Decembrists
Beautiful Beat, Nada Surf

With many, many more to come.

It's an honor being nominated, but the awards show itself is going to be legen.........

wait for it........

..........wait for it.........

I hope you're not lactose intolerant because it's going to be.....

dary.

AWESOME! :hifive:

Whoa....whoa.

Um, we haven't had sex yet, so you can't tell me you love me. Actually, even after sex you can't tell me you love me because that would be awkward. Oh, the sex would be awesome, because I'm awesome, but let's leave the love stuff out of it.

Have I ever told you how beautiful you are, Cruzila?

Congrats on the nom, and the hosting gig, Barney! :hi5:

It's about damn time you got some more recognition for how legen...

wait for it...

dary you are!

anyone else notice this?

in season two, barney attempted to drive marshall's fiero, but was scared shitless at like 10ks, "humans aren't meant to travel at these speeds!"

but in season four, the 'fast as she can' episode, robyn and marshall are talking about how they got out of speeding fines, so barney speeds three times to try it.

:hmm:

So... I bought season 1 and 2 months ago, and the other night I started watching. I'd always thought that somehow this Robin would become the mother but the first episode describes her to the kids (the daughter, by the way, would be superbly cast AS Robin's actual future daughter, their resemblance is so striking) as Aunt Robin, and their eyes nearly fall out at this news. So who does Robin marry? Barney? Marshall (if he and Lilly don't get married after all, as I suspect? Please correct me if I'm wrong and they do, lol)?

marshall and lily do get married in the second season. as of right now, neither robin nor ted are married to anyone, same with barney.

though the next season premieres tomorrow night here, so we shall see. :hmm: i missed some of the episodes at the end of last season due to extenuating circumstances, i never got a chance to catch up!

Back
Top Bottom