How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True. I'd forgotten that in my haste.

What season are you into over there? It's gonna be fucking ages before season four comes out here. Can someone please direct me in the direction of one of those magical websites where I can watch season four?

We're nearing the end of Season 4 here. Only two episodes left.

surfthechannel.com is always a good place to go to watch TV shows. Just do a search for How I Met Your Mother.

Fantastic episode! So surprised to see her there at the end.

My one little complaint was that the yellow umbrella turned out to be Ted's. They were always talking about how the mother had the yellow umbrella. Maybe something happens to get it into the mother's hands, but I was a bit disappointed in that.

Fantastic episode! So surprised to see her there at the end.

My one little complaint was that the yellow umbrella turned out to be Ted's. They were always talking about how the mother had the yellow umbrella. Maybe something happens to get it into the mother's hands, but I was a bit disappointed in that.

I don't remember that...

But I did think of one thing today:

He's always talking to two kids, and she already has one right? So maybe it's not her...

Watching this show on FOX8 in Australia, just realised how freaking good it is!

Love Jason Segel, he is a champ, I am currently 10 episodes into season one after one evening of viewing. WOO!

We're nearing the end of Season 4 here. Only two episodes left.

surfthechannel.com is always a good place to go to watch TV shows. Just do a search for How I Met Your Mother.
:scratch: I thought you were well into season five. No wonder there's no season four release date here yet...

Cheers mate, you're a legend.
the yellow umbrella turned out to be Ted's.
:grumpy:

Never fear, the umbrella isn't actually Ted's. I'd forgotten about it until it was pointed out to me that he found it last season at a club and took it home with him. So, it definitely could be the mom's umbrella. :) Nothing spoiled. Unless of course you haven't seen that episode from last season yet... :uhoh:

Haha it's all good, wasn't really grumpy or anything. I've watched all first 3 season eps numerous times, and I know that Stella isn't the Mum, I watched the episode where they almost got married but didn't.

Just watched the episode where Ted finds out Lily has been breaking Ted and and his past girlfriends up. It wasn't all that great. One question too...

What the hell has happened to Barney?

Okay, as of last night I'm all caught up, and the conclusion is...I like it a lot. It's not quite up in my top tier of all time favourite comedies, but it's definitely high in my second tier.

REALLY looking forward to seeing what happens with Robin and Barney. I can see them working as a couple.

As I'm typing this, I can't get "Let's Go To The Mall" out of my head. :lol:

My favourite lines of late :D

"Because I will do a LOT to get laid. But I will NOT go to New Jersey."
"Hat. We thought of authentic native American headgear before we thought of hat."

Okay, as of last night I'm all caught up, and the conclusion is...I like it a lot. It's not quite up in my top tier of all time favourite comedies, but it's definitely high in my second tier.

REALLY looking forward to seeing what happens with Robin and Barney. I can see them working as a couple.

As I'm typing this, I can't get "Let's Go To The Mall" out of my head. :lol:
What won you over? A particular ep? Or Barney?

Wow. Just watched the Season 4 finale. Absolutely loved it. For me, Segel was the best. And he has probably become my favorite character on the show. He nails every bit of the sparse dialogue that the writers give him, and his plot about the "leap" was hilarious and touching at the same time.

Also, they really, really narrowed down who the mother is with the last sequence.

She's one of Ted's students, most obviously. But then again, as this show loves to do, they could be tricking us...his words were "she was in that class"...so there could possibly be some variation. Who knows. Also, Barney and Robin together FTW.

What won you over? A particular ep? Or Barney?

No, not really a particular episode, it was more things like Barney, the characters being likable, Let's Go To The Mall/the lame-ass Canadian jokes :love: , wanting to find out who the hell the mother is, Barney...

NPH is my new gay crush.

I also really like the device they use where they jump around in the time line, and then later episodes give you more information about events they've already talked about.

No, not really a particular episode, it was more things like Barney, the characters being likable, Let's Go To The Mall/the lame-ass Canadian jokes :love: , wanting to find out who the hell the mother is, Barney...

NPH is my new gay crush.

I also really like the device they use where they jump around in the time line, and then later episodes give you more information about events they've already talked about.

The Let's Go To The Mall episode is the highlight of the entire series for me. But it's all pretty damn good.

Like the goat in Ted's bathroom, which was alluded to in Season 1 and finally answered in finale of Season 4. Although that was more of a running joke, but I understand what you mean.

I love this show because it forces you - well, me at least - to think and speculate as to who the mother is, and also touches on everyday issues that one can relate to on a human level.

By the way, I'm rewatching the entire series (one needs to fill the void left behind by the summer hiatus) and I have an idea who the mother might be.

Like the goat in Ted's bathroom, which was alluded to in Season 1 and finally answered in finale of Season 4. Although that was more of a running joke, but I understand what you mean.

I love this show because it forces you - well, me at least - to think and speculate as to who the mother is, and also touches on everyday issues that one can relate to on a human level.

By the way, I'm rewatching the entire series (one needs to fill the void left behind by the summer hiatus) and I have an idea who the mother might be.

Who do you think it is? Here's my guess:

When Ted is at the St Patrick's Day party at the club, there's a scene where he briefly bumps into a random girl, and then they go their separate ways. I think it's her. He took her yellow umbrella, which she had left, and she's going to be in his class.

At the end of Season 1, Ted receives a call from the dating agency Love Solutions Inc. about a perfect match for him. He sets up a blind date with her, but doesn't go because he decides he wants Robin instead. What makes me think it's her, is because they showed pictures of her, but with her face blocked out. Why block out her face when they showed some of the other profiles? It just made me think that that may be her and she ends up in his class.

By the way, the last scene of Season 1 remains my favourite of the series. It was perfect, from Ted's happiness to Marshall's dejection - and especially the musical choice of This Modern Love by Bloc Party.:love:

Good catch. Both of those things could be her. I wouldn't be surprised if, when she's finally revealed, we're shown all sorts of coincidences and prior near-misses that have run throughout the entire series.

when does this season come out on dvd? :whine: i missed a couple episodes and i didn't want to jump back in having missed some so i stopped watching the rest of the season.

and i know i'm in the (very tiny) minority on this, but i found the whole robin sparkles thing stupid :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom