How I Met Your Mother - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #556
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:38 PM
^ agreed. a lot of what made it lame for me was zoey. i get that ted's a bit like a stereotypical 40 year old woman who's desperate to get married, but the fact that he nearly compromised his principles to the point where he was going to (spoilered for trashley's benefit)

throw away his entire career basically for some woman who was just a rebound was nuts. she hadn't even fully divorced her ex yet i don't think, and they were too different that the relationship was clearly not going to last, but...god. that one episode where everyone basically confronted him for even considering testifying that the arcadian shouldn't be torn down made me want to go all stabbidy on him.

i love the show, and i love ted, but i think he'd date any woman if he thought she'd actually marry him. that's kinda sad when you think about it.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #557
45:33

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Agreed, definitely the worst story arc of the entire series. Just poor, stop-gap writing.

Please update this thread regularly Trashley.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #558

Good. Episode.

Though would Lily really just break down immediately and hug her dad happily? idk

Puzzles the Bar
Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #559
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:38 PM
I think so. She's hormonal because of the pregnancy, and I'm sure she's always wanted to have her dad around and not so focused on his ridiculous board games.

I wouldn't have known that new episodes started so early in the year (I thought most shows came back in mid-January or something), but thanks to a Twitter friend on the east coast who talked about it, I was notified in advance.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #560
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:38 AM
I felt like last night's episode was the first one where Kevin was interesting and had something to do. I was really excited when Kal Penn was added to the cast because I think he's so great, but I'd been really disappointed with how weak the Kevin character has been thus far.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #561
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
^ agreed. a lot of what made it lame for me was zoey. i get that ted's a bit like a stereotypical 40 year old woman who's desperate to get married, but the fact that he nearly compromised his principles to the point where he was going to (spoilered for trashley's benefit)

throw away his entire career basically for some woman who was just a rebound was nuts. she hadn't even fully divorced her ex yet i don't think, and they were too different that the relationship was clearly not going to last, but...god. that one episode where everyone basically confronted him for even considering testifying that the arcadian shouldn't be torn down made me want to go all stabbidy on him.

i love the show, and i love ted, but i think he'd date any woman if he thought she'd actually marry him. that's kinda sad when you think about it.
Couldn't agree more! I really enjoyed season six apart from that (which was basically the main story line...) Much like this season, the early eps started strong, but it's getting worse as the season goes on.

Surely, we have to meet the mother soon!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith2904
I felt like last night's episode was the first one where Kevin was interesting and had something to do. I was really excited when Kal Penn was added to the cast because I think he's so great, but I'd been really disappointed with how weak the Kevin character has been thus far.
He's completely expendable. Padding out time until the writers feel comfortable enough to deal with Barney and Robin.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #563
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
He's completely expendable. Padding out time until the writers feel comfortable enough to deal with Barney and Robin.
at which point he'll commit completely unexplained suicide?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #564

Parks & Rec did it easily with Mark Brandoquitz
Old 01-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #565
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:38 PM
Or they'll just have the relationship end offscreen with limited information given, like they did when Robin & Don broke up.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #566

Scoop: How I Met Your Mother Bosses Open to Extending & Renaming Series After Mother Reveal - TVLine

interesting...
Old 01-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #567
The Male

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Update: I thought the ending of season 1 was contrived and stupid with Marshall/Lily's relationship ending because, well, just because. I also thought the fact that Ted got what he wanted was really shitty and I can't help but feel that the Ted/Robin relationship is based more on sheer force of will and/or obsession than any level of compatability. Hope they wrap that up sooner rather than later, because I know it's not going anywhere and Barney is right to want to blow his brains out watching them.

Season 2 has been way better though, so far. I don't think I've ever laughed harder watching this show than I have at the first two episodes of the season. Man, Lily playing with George Clinton's hair is gold. And Barney was on fire in the season opener. Also thought it was good writing that Marshall and Lily didn't get back together immediately, I hope the writers draw that out for a while, even though their relationship is arguably my favorite part of the show.

Also, is it off base that I find Lily waaaaaaaaay hotter than Robin? It's one of those things where one girl might not have the superior looks but wins out by carrying herself in a much sexier, more natural way. Robin is hot but really stiff and mannish as a character, and as far as sense of humor goes it's not even a contest. I'm sure IMDb's boards are packed with discussions like this.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #568

Season two's probably the best. I can't at all agree with what you said, since I'm a suck, so I like Ted. And I really think him and Robin have a lot of chemistry.

Barney is awesome, and no spoilers, but his being a jerk is justified.

And yeah, Lily is miles hotter than Robin in season two. Not even close.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #569
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Also, is it off base that I find Lily waaaaaaaaay hotter than Robin? It's one of those things where one girl might not have the superior looks but wins out by carrying herself in a much sexier, more natural way. Robin is hot but really stiff and mannish as a character, and as far as sense of humor goes it's not even a contest. I'm sure IMDb's boards are packed with discussions like this.
oh the IMDB boards are awesome for a laugh, and I also agree with you here
Old 01-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #570

Wait til he sees the Brunch episode

Marshall's calves

Tags
how i met your mother