How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they're contracted for eight. Cast members have apparently suggested the eighth will be the last.

I thought it was a pretty ordinary episode. I was afraid they'd do a silly filler episode after such a strong one the week before, and that's what they did. The adopt-a-kid thing was half-believable when they were drunk, certainly wasn't the next day. There were some laughs (Guy, the Guy Guy, Marshall and Lily's apartment shrinking) but it was not great.

I let out a pretty big groan immediately after Robin's reveal at the end, but we'll see what happens. This show has a history of dropping big moments only for them to be completely insignificant two minutes into the following episode.

Season two finale:

Ted: "In five years I probably want to be married."
Robin: "And I probably want to be in Argentina...Or Tokyo, or Paris. Look, Ted, I don’t know where I’m going to be in five years, and I don’t want to know. I want my life to be an adventure."

It's been five years :ohmy:

I was reading up on some continuity stuff, and at one point (in season one, I think) Future Ted says that Robin moves to a bunch of different countries. I wonder if they will be getting into that any time soon.

:waiting:

Well?! Now it's gonna be too late for that.

Pretty good episode I thought. Balanced some typical HIMYM humour with some touching themes. Best season since four so far?

I know it's not Canada, but it starts with C and it's cold as balls.
I wouldn't go to Cleveland for $125 million over six years.
Really? Still with the LeBron jokes? COME ON!

Has she made an appeal to the IOC?

I'm going to have a lot more to say about this show soon enough. Just noticed it's streaming on Netflix. :hyper:

You showed me the end of the finale once, so ive been really anxious to get there. We just finished episode 12, found it quite a coincidence that episode 11 was a New Years episode, as we had no idea when we turned it on, right after ringing in the new year, lol.

Just re-watched all of season six on Arena's "How I Met Your Marathon" I forgot how annoying the whole Arcadian thing got. I mean it was okay for a while but I got sick of it.

Can't wait for the new ep tonight :hyper:

^ agreed. a lot of what made it lame for me was zoey. i get that ted's a bit like a stereotypical 40 year old woman who's desperate to get married, but the fact that he nearly compromised his principles to the point where he was going to (spoilered for trashley's benefit)
throw away his entire career basically for some woman who was just a rebound was nuts. she hadn't even fully divorced her ex yet i don't think, and they were too different that the relationship was clearly not going to last, but...god. that one episode where everyone basically confronted him for even considering testifying that the arcadian shouldn't be torn down made me want to go all stabbidy on him.

i love the show, and i love ted, but i think he'd date any woman if he thought she'd actually marry him. that's kinda sad when you think about it.

I think so. She's hormonal because of the pregnancy, and I'm sure she's always wanted to have her dad around and not so focused on his ridiculous board games.

I wouldn't have known that new episodes started so early in the year (I thought most shows came back in mid-January or something), but thanks to a Twitter friend on the east coast who talked about it, I was notified in advance. :)

I felt like last night's episode was the first one where Kevin was interesting and had something to do. I was really excited when Kal Penn was added to the cast because I think he's so great, but I'd been really disappointed with how weak the Kevin character has been thus far.

^ agreed. a lot of what made it lame for me was zoey. i get that ted's a bit like a stereotypical 40 year old woman who's desperate to get married, but the fact that he nearly compromised his principles to the point where he was going to (spoilered for trashley's benefit)
throw away his entire career basically for some woman who was just a rebound was nuts. she hadn't even fully divorced her ex yet i don't think, and they were too different that the relationship was clearly not going to last, but...god. that one episode where everyone basically confronted him for even considering testifying that the arcadian shouldn't be torn down made me want to go all stabbidy on him.

i love the show, and i love ted, but i think he'd date any woman if he thought she'd actually marry him. that's kinda sad when you think about it.

:up: Couldn't agree more! I really enjoyed season six apart from that (which was basically the main story line...:doh:) Much like this season, the early eps started strong, but it's getting worse as the season goes on.

Surely, we have to meet the mother soon!

dsmith2904 said:
I felt like last night's episode was the first one where Kevin was interesting and had something to do. I was really excited when Kal Penn was added to the cast because I think he's so great, but I'd been really disappointed with how weak the Kevin character has been thus far.

He's completely expendable. Padding out time until the writers feel comfortable enough to deal with Barney and Robin.

Update: I thought the ending of season 1 was contrived and stupid with Marshall/Lily's relationship ending because, well, just because. I also thought the fact that Ted got what he wanted was really shitty and I can't help but feel that the Ted/Robin relationship is based more on sheer force of will and/or obsession than any level of compatability. Hope they wrap that up sooner rather than later, because I know it's not going anywhere and Barney is right to want to blow his brains out watching them.

Season 2 has been way better though, so far. I don't think I've ever laughed harder watching this show than I have at the first two episodes of the season. Man, Lily playing with George Clinton's hair is gold. And Barney was on fire in the season opener. Also thought it was good writing that Marshall and Lily didn't get back together immediately, I hope the writers draw that out for a while, even though their relationship is arguably my favorite part of the show.

Also, is it off base that I find Lily waaaaaaaaay hotter than Robin? It's one of those things where one girl might not have the superior looks but wins out by carrying herself in a much sexier, more natural way. Robin is hot but really stiff and mannish as a character, and as far as sense of humor goes it's not even a contest. I'm sure IMDb's boards are packed with discussions like this.

Season two's probably the best. I can't at all agree with what you said, since I'm a suck, so I like Ted. And I really think him and Robin have a lot of chemistry.

Barney is awesome, and no spoilers, but his being a jerk is justified.

And yeah, Lily is miles hotter than Robin in season two. Not even close.

Also, is it off base that I find Lily waaaaaaaaay hotter than Robin? It's one of those things where one girl might not have the superior looks but wins out by carrying herself in a much sexier, more natural way. Robin is hot but really stiff and mannish as a character, and as far as sense of humor goes it's not even a contest. I'm sure IMDb's boards are packed with discussions like this.

oh the IMDB boards are awesome for a laugh, and I also agree with you here :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom