How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm gonna be a busy boy this week, what with this, finishing rewatching s2 of Community, and Community, The Office and Parks & Rec's premieres later in the week.

Found it to be mostly meh. Robin & Barney dancing was pretty lame. Those awkward dancing scenes in TV/movies always make me cringe.

The best surprise was seeing Victoria at the end. Yay! I really liked her, and I'm glad they've brought her back. It will be interesting to see where that storyline goes...

Is that in regards to my post, or my sig? :lol:

If it's about the post - gotta avoid the thread until you've seen the episode, so you don't get spoiled. :wink:

I saw the first line cos I was on my phone :grumpy:

Both episodes were kind of unspectacular, but I enjoyed both. The only thing I don't like (and this has been a pattern over the past few seasons) is the characters regressing to really simple epithets (like Marshall going "I'm ready to be a Dad/not ready/ready" like six times over the course of the two episodes, Ted's been doing it since Stella left him). But I'm so happy it's back.

- Cobie Smulders is the hottest female on television.
- Marshall is still awesome. "You always kiss the plane!" "Have we crashed even once?!"
- "This son of a bitch has knee dimples."
- Dance was way overdone, but still good. This is the same show that did "nothing suits me like a suit" remember.
- I really like Nora, but as it becomes clearer Robin & Barney will end up together (I'd be hella surprised if the show pulled a 180 on us and didn't put them together, it's too true to sitcom conventions to not) that storyline could become a real pain, like good ol' Zoe.
- Victoria :ohmy::love:
-
how-i-met-your-mother-s07e02-the-naked-truth-straigh-outta-connecticut-spoilers-quotes-300x196.jpg

- Legal pad callback.
- Leonard Kravitz.

Yeah the two episodes were good, not brilliant. Marshall made me laugh as always. But this whole Barney-realized-he-wants-to-settle-down thing bothers me a little.
Also, your avatar FTW!

As soon as I saw that, I immediately rolled my eyes, hard. WHY?! There are SO many more infinitely talented actresses out there that could play that part so much better than her. :sigh:

I thought that was a terrific episode. Seriously this season has started with a fair bit of promise. Everything about it was pitch-perfect and that might be the first storyline with Ted since Stella said "she's getting here as fast as she can" that actually had me hooked emotionally. Victoria was great.

AND there was an acoustic cover of Pavement's Spit on a Stranger by a female at the end of the episode. Which apparently ties it in with when Ted met Victoria in season one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E85s_oW2c2g

I love this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Uqe29RAaY

Agreed. Third ep was pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how the season pans out, cause I got pretty bored in the middle stages of the previous season.

The Duck puns at the end! :laugh:

Another great episode... this season has started really well.

I cropped the cumin out of the salt and pepper photo... now it looks ridiculous.

LOVE the new dp Danny.

I thought Episode 4 was pretty ordinary. It had a few moments, but nothing on the previous three episodes of the season.

:lol: @ Cropping!

Thanks, Hockey season starts Friday! hopefully it can ease the pain :wink:

Urgh, yeah I suppose I better buy season 6 at some point to keep my collection going. Will wait till its cheap and maybe throw out disc 2 or something :lol:

I never watch this, never had any desire to, then I watched that movie,Warrior, it's a MMA movie.
Well, there is the little blond actress, that steals every scene she is in.
Went to IMDB, I see she is a regular on this series, she will also be in the new series, Once Upon A Time, I will probably check that out.

I paid $5, it was worth at least $5.50

it is rating pretty high with the public
8.3 on IMDB and I think RT has it up there to

jennifer_morrison_chrysalis-0.jpg

I was not familiar with Jennifer Morrison (I'd like to be)
I will be keeping at eye out for her, now.

I saw those credits, yeah, I do watch me some House,
I don't know if it is the scrubs or what, but Olivia Wilde, is way, way hotter than she comes off on that show, she is hardly a standout on House

Ehh it wasn't that bad. Just filler. The Robin/Kal Penn storyline has the potential to be as bad or worse than Ted/Zoey so I hope they shoot that down quickly. That and Marshall's storylines occured so quickly in this ep it was really offputting.

Barney & Ted's focus group thing was funny though, and so was the Fish Names callback.

Almost caught up all the way on the season. I think it's been damn good so far. "Ducky Tie" and "The Stinson Missile Crisis" were really strong episodes.

Game, enormous set, match.

And I think calling "Field Trip" the worst episode ever, or even crap, is a definite stretch. It wasn't bad at all. Martin Short, the whole Ewok thing, that hot chick in Ted's architecture class, etc.

Bout to watch last night's ep and then try to get some sleep. Oh, and I'm not loving the whole Kal Penn thing yet either, but maybe it will get better.

Back
Top Bottom