How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rewatching some old episodes. As there was no new one this week and I've exhausted pretty much all of my other DVDs.

I think my favourite episode ever is Come On, the final episode in season one, when Ted finally hooks up with Robin only to return to the apartment the next morning to see Marshall sitting out in the rain, holding his ring, cos Lily ran off to San Fran. All set to "This Modern Love" by Bloc Party.

:heart:

perhaps the best of the season? a lot of things i liked.

the conversation about the club names, and how ambiguous they are, even if it went for a little long.
Barney's cards for Ted's alt personality.
Ted & Robin's sidestory... it was great when Ted said "I would have stolen you a whole orchestra".
Barney & Jerry. Lithgow would have to be one of my favourite actors, and he was pretty great in this episode. No doubt Barney was talking about Robin's mate (from laser tag) when he said "maybe I've already met her" and I'm glad they're dealing with the fact Barney probably needs to grow up.

They're all 35 :ohmy: :crack:

Reading a few online blogs... some people are convinced Barney & Robin are going to end up together, and that this episode "clearly demonstrated that"...

wtf? :huh: I don't get that impression at all...

Agreed. This show is not as interesting any more. I find myself doing other stuff at the same time as watching, whereas a few years ago I'd be totally invested. Here's hoping that the season finale will be good, and that next season things will progress a bit more.

Yeah I completely agree with that thora. I stream all these episodes, and when I watch Community, for example, I barely move. The past two years watching HIMYM my mind has wandered a bit. I still love the show though, as my post count in this thread (triple anyone else :lol:) shows.

"Community" has to many references and things going on in the background that you definitely have to pay attention. HIMYM used to have some fun call-backs and hints and such, but it's definitely gone downhill over the last season-and-a-half. It's a good show that's been on too long and lost its way. Hopefully it will wrap up strong.

Well we're guaranteed eight seasons, and there's a possibility there'll be more. I'd have preferred a strongly-written season five to have been the last, but I'm invested in this show until the bitter end.

Well that was the season finale folks! What did we think?

Marshall had to go and print off more resumes cos he spelt "detail-oriented" wrong.

It wasn't a great episode, with only the last minute or so containing moments befitting of a finale. I don't want Robin & Barney back together (I'm still pissed about the Don situation, he was great and I was hoping they'd stay together), I like Barney & Nora. Lily's reveal bought a smile to my face. I don't think it's Barney's wedding, I think the writers will just have Ted walk in the room and the groom won't be there, but I could be wrong. Annoyed after they played up this wedding at the start of the season that we only got a glimpse.

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled either. I knew Lily was going to be pregnant the second she started vomiting, but I'm happy they're going forward with that storyline. I'm fine with Barney and Robin getting married - I really like them together. However, I can't remember who Nora is, so I was very confused. :lol: Obviously Barney dated her, but I can't remember a second of their relationship. The fake out with "and that's how I met your mother - PSYCH!" really pissed me off. Really? That's considered funny at this point? I just want them to stop with all the teasing and actually do something with the mother story, since that's technically what the show is all about. :sigh:

I think those are my only complaints. I'm just hanging on by a thread of interest here. I know I'll watch it until the very end, but things really need to improve next season.

Was Tiffany the one that had Ted on her "hook"? Looks like it by the picture. Why the fuck would they ask her... surely you would ask Rachel Bilson? I mean it's her room mate.

Not a really interesting read. And that's coming from the only fan of Victoria on the face of the planet.

Last season's preview sounded much more interesting than that... bit :yawn: that they're doing the whole Ted being single thing again (though I suppose that was season five, he was in a relationship in most of six, it's just that she was a fuckwit and we all hated her). I hope it's Nora Barney marries. I'm still cut Don walked out on Robin... I thought he was a great character.

I just started watching reruns of this show. I'm not sure what I think of the others yet, but Barney is awesome.

Just watched the eps.

Enjoyed them both, but the first one was definitely better. I love that Martin Short has joined the cast, and his bits were pretty damn funny.

No, I'm talking about your penis.

Back
Top Bottom