How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm like the Bill and Melinda Gates of the sympathy bang.

go ted. that was ep 12, here's hoping the following 12 get a bit more serious (i think something that's hindering the quality of eps in recent seasons is the quantity of episodes... 24's a hell of a lot)

The numbers counted down the whole episode from 50-1. I guess it was counting down to the news that Lily delivered.

Yeah, I think the last few episodes of thus season are actually getting a little closer to original form. Not quite there yet, but better than many episodes between Robin & Barney dating through Marshall's dad dying. Sure, there were great parts of episodes in that chunk, but I think they hit a lull for a while.

Count me among those who dislike Zoey. She's definitely not the mother. I've somehow heard that the mother will be Zoey's sister, but I don't know if that's true. If it is, then Ted will have slept with his wife's sister and roommate. Way to go, Ted!

I have no desire to speed up the mother part. That's the guaranteed time that the show jumps the shark.

She was never going to be the mother though...

That was a really good episode. I for one am thrilled about Barney, especially that he couldn't say Nora without smiling, that was awesome

"With great penis comes great responsibility."

i agree, son. i still watch the show despite my criticisms but if they don't actually introduce the freaking mother (and TELL us she's the mother) soon people are just going to stop caring and/or the show will jump the shark. the fact that marshall and lily will eventually have a baby at some point is already telling, a sitcom can only go downhill once a baby's added.

i do hope they manage to make it work, though. some sitcoms can last through 8 or 9 seasons, but it's tough.

TV Squad has this interview with the show runners about the two-season pick up and what's coming up. One tidbit:

I know I've asked you this before and so have many other people, so sorry to be repetitive, but would you ever just introduce her and have her be part of the mix for a season or two? Or do you not want to lock yourself into that?

Theoretically, we're open to everything. We do have a story blocked out that we want to tell, and I can't say whether it involves meeting her or not, but it's a question that I still continue to not be able to answer. As much as people may complain about it on Twitter or whatever, that's the show. [The reaction] is interesting. I get it, and I understand why people go to the reaction, 'Just show us the mother already!' I take a little bit of enjoyment in, like, we have this little piece of information -- in this day and age where every bit of information is available to everyone all the time, it's kind of nice that there's this one thing about our show that you just don't know. Not that we want to torment anyone with it, but it does feel like there's a lot more to the show than this one question.

I agree with that last bit, that there's much more to the show than the mother, but I spose they dug their own graves by naming the show "how I met your mother" and narrating every episode retrospectively.

Disappointing news though. I mean I always knew they were going to milk as many seasons as possible, that's what happens with successful American TV shows. But I really feel this show would have gone down as one of the greats had it ended in season five or even this one (provided the writers kept up the standards of the first four seasons, balancing the humour with heart).

But I'm invested in this show to the very end so we'll see.

All the stuff with the gang's "gaps in knowledge" was great.

Robin not knowing that the North Pole is real, Marshall's inability to wink, etc. Felt very old school HIMYM. And I love the call back to Ted's strange pronunciations. CHAMeleon. EncycloPAEDIA.

The stuff with Barney and his Dad hit most of the right notes, too. Their back and forth during that scene at the end in the driveway was strong. Lithgow's a damn good actor.

Back
Top Bottom