How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i just caught myself up on the final episodes of the season.

i thought it ended really strongly. it wasn't the best season, no, in fact it may have been the worst so far. but i think that's mostly to do with character development, as there was very little. Marshall & Lily's decision to have a baby being the only major development. i also thought the writing was not as strong as in previous seasons.

but leaving aside these thoughts, if you just watch the episodes without overanalysing them like i fell into the trap of doing (note to self, never read the have-you-met-ted.com blog ever again) then they were all nearly very good episodes, and there were some gems: The Playbook, the Jennifer Lopez ep, Maggie - the girl who had a small window of opportunity, and lots of great smaller moments as well.

it looks like we're probably in for seven or eight seasons, possibly more, which has me a little worried, but as long as the writing and the cast remains strong we should be right. if season six is a big one for Ted then i think we're on the right track.

everyone else's thoughts please! :D

Yes.

I read an article in Entertainment Weekly recently where the show's creator (blanking on his name) came out and admitted that Season 5 was not very good, and that they are looking to get things back on track with Season 6. Gotta admire that kind of honesty. I still enjoyed it, just because I love this damn cast so much but, yeah, it was probably the least memorable season so far. So we've got some improvement to look forward to here, hopefully.

I'll try to find the article and link it here.

Thanks for the reminder! :up: I haven't been watching any TV lately, so I would totally have missed this.

Yeah, last season was a huge downer for me. It was nowhere NEAR as funny as previous seasons were, but I'm willing to forgive all that if they move the story along this season.

Can't wait for more awesomely legendary Barney-isms! :D

Can't wait for more awesomely legendary Barney-isms! :D

I'll see you behind Qwest Field next June. Dress slutty.

yay for the return of Barney!

For you, I'm thinking a parked car near New Meadowlands Stadium in July. I can take you while you're waiting in the GA line and have you back before the doors open. Just don't expect to have much energy for the concert.

"How much do you want for your dibs?"

"Two....hundred....and fifty thousand dollars!"

Whose wedding do you guys think that is?

I feel like it's gotta be Robin's wedding. But to guess that it is either Robin or Barney's seems almost too easy. I don't know.

I'll see you behind Qwest Field next June. Dress slutty.

You got it. It will be legen... wait for it... dary!

"How much do you want for your dibs?"

"Two....hundred....and fifty thousand dollars!"

Whose wedding do you guys think that is?

I feel like it's gotta be Robin's wedding. But to guess that it is either Robin or Barney's seems almost too easy. I don't know.

I don't know. :hmm: But the girl with the yellow umbrella is definitely going to be there! I don't remember hearing any spoilers about any of the cast getting married this season, but I generally try to avoid being spoiled. Maybe it's someone they've met at the bar, or another sort of minor character. I have no idea who it could be, though.

Lots of good moments tonight. Looks like it should be a great season.

Loved the Hi-6. :laugh:

Yes.

I read an article in Entertainment Weekly recently where the show's creator (blanking on his name) came out and admitted that Season 5 was not very good, and that they are looking to get things back on track with Season 6. Gotta admire that kind of honesty. I still enjoyed it, just because I love this damn cast so much but, yeah, it was probably the least memorable season so far. So we've got some improvement to look forward to here, hopefully.

I'll try to find the article and link it here.

that would be great. :up: it'll be about 15 years before they screen the entire season here so i'll look for the ep online tonight. i enjoyed moments of Season Five but it was definitely the weakest so far.

it's good to have you back, old friend. :cornflakes:

the lesbian kiss was a bit of a WTF moment but it looks like they've set themselves up for some character development which was completely missing from season five. shame Lily isn't nearly as hot as she was seasons two - four.

granted, this is all on paper and everything, but season six sounds rather uninteresting to me.

the whole robin sparkles thing was a little entertaining the first time, but incredibly lame the second. and marshall and lily try to have a baby? great, that's what ruins every sitcom ever.

i will give it a fair shot whenever i can see it, but i'm not holding out much hope for this semester. hopefully this means i'll actually be pleasantly surprised and they'll win me back.

For you, I'm thinking a parked car near New Meadowlands Stadium in July. I can take you while you're waiting in the GA line and have you back before the doors open. Just don't expect to have much energy for the concert.

Sorry Barnacle... I'm not doing GA. You're a man who likes fine Italian, so come find me in the seated sea of 82,000. We'll discuss your prize then.

On another note, my9 is showing HIMYM reruns at 7 & 7:30! woo hoo!

I thought it was cute. :) I noticed that James (is that his name? I forget) wasn't wearing a wedding ring. :hmm: He got married in season 1 or 2, and I can't remember if he's still with his husband or not, so I definitely noticed the absence of a ring. :nerd:

I thought it was cute as well. And Barnacle doing the backup vocals on Stand By Me was pretty great.

Teddy Westside.

:)

good episode i thought! i really hope they go somewhere with it.
however as i recall when Ted designed that building he was pitching it to a fake taskforce

Lily is not the Lily she once was.

Where's the poop, cobbler?

Swarley has been great this season so far. Better than he has been in a while.

Fun episode.

Some callbacks to the famous Seinfeld episode where the four are all on separate subway trains.

I was rooting for Marshall to win the race, and loved his song. But it was nice how it ended with Barney helping Robin win, and Robin "becoming a New Yorker."

That was definitely the best episode all season so far. SO funny! :up: I laughed out loud several times, which I hadn't done while watching this show in a long time. No move forward in the storyline, but that didn't bother me last night. It was awesome fun.

Season 6 so far is much better than Season 5, I hope they can keep it up.

But am I the only one who was bothered by the blatant Microsoft product placement throughout last night's episode?

A Microsoft laptop with obvious logo, a huge focus on the Bing search engine a few times, and the new XBox at the end, too.

Nothing too bad, but I was just surprised that they accepted that kind of advertising in the show.

Wow - totally did not see any of that. :lol:

Granted, I was watching it from my computer screen, but even then I doubt I would have noticed it on the TV. I'm pretty oblivious to that kind of stuff.

great episode again. Barney has been the highlight for me so far this season, he had a great episode.

i did not notice the product placement, but if i had, i could not possibly have cared even slightly less.

Back
Top Bottom