How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
315116820v10_480x480_Front.jpg

Hey, cruzila, I can't wait until our rendez-vous, where you'll be the one getting slapped, and you'll have cries of ecstasy instead of laughter, if you get my meaning.

I just caught up with the last 4 or 5 episodes and also caught up with the last few pages of this thread. Man, there's a lot of negativity in here about this current season. I think it's been just as funny as usual. Some great stuff there, especially in "The Playbook." All the "plays" were hilarious, especially the Lorenzo Von Matterhorn. (Don't forget his twin brother Julio Von Matterhorn.)

And we're barely a third of the way through the season. Not every episode or every string of plot lines is going to focus on Ted finding the mother. They got through the whole Barney/Robin thing, and now everything's back in order. I guarantee there will be some developments with the mother soon. There's 15 more episodes this year.

I don't know, I guess I just don't take it that seriously and don't even really care all that much about who the mother is. It's all about the journey, not the destination. Cliche, I know, but it's true. I guess I just find this group of characters/actors to be too likable...they really can't do much wrong in my eyes.

A cigarette episode!

It wasn't the greatest or anything, but I liked the subject matter, story, and Lily's smoking voice. And it was a typically cute and heartwarming HIMYM moment when Marshall called the station and Robin realized they were watching her show for the first time.

i don't know what i was worried about, this show is still just as awesome.

i thought ted was totally unconvincing as a smoker, but marshall going back and beating up 13yo him was pretty funny.

just me or is that the first time in a long time the kids have been in an ep, and the first time since the first season they've said a word!

So I just re-watched all of Season 3 in two days last week, and I'm now convinced that the mother will be connected to Stella somehow.

We know that the mother was at that St. Patrick's Day party that Ted and Barney went to. Then a few episodes later when Ted initially asks Stella out, she says she can't because she's super busy due to work and her daughter and the last time she went out was on St. Patrick's Day.

I can't help but feel that the writers put that in as a clue. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

well i just watched the ep that aired on the 11th in your continent... and this show is awesome.

all of a sudden they gave us a billion clues about the mother, but this show is back firing on nine of ten cylinders.

The rabbit-duck argument goes right up with the Marshall-Barney "Happy Slapsgiving" as one of the all-time funniest HIMYM moments I've ever seen.

So I just re-watched all of Season 3 in two days last week, and I'm now convinced that the mother will be connected to Stella somehow.

We know that the mother was at that St. Patrick's Day party that Ted and Barney went to. Then a few episodes later when Ted initially asks Stella out, she says she can't because she's super busy due to work and her daughter and the last time she went out was on St. Patrick's Day.

I can't help but feel that the writers put that in as a clue. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I think Stella's comment was meant as a ploy to make you think it might be her, especially as the wedding neared. If you watch the St. Patricks party episode again, you'll see that Ted bumps into a girl, they pause, and they have a brief "sorry," "no worries" exchange. That may also be a ploy, but now knowing what's happened with Stella, I think that that 5-second cameo actually holds more promise.

so what have we thought of the season so far? there's been barely any comments here so is your interest dwindling? i think after a relatively poor start it's been pretty good, a lot of great episodes, but i will say that i think some of the storylines haven't had a lot of weight, and there's been no arc this season, which is a bit disappointing. plenty of laughs, but not as much substance, and that's what sets this show apart from its contemporaries for me.

i've said it before and i'll say it again - i would have been over the moon if this was the final season, and the writing was of the same standard as the previous seasons. i'm not sure how many seasons they're committed too, but i daresay this will get out to seven, eight seasons. imagine if this season had all the laughs, but actually related to the mother, and was really powerful. it would have been fantastic.

i don't think the mother will be that woman he bumped into at the club. that's the most common theory and the writers know that.

I was thinking of bumping up this thread too, but you beat me to it! :)

I've been very disappointed in this season. Way too many pointless episodes, especially the one about the monkey robbery. I mean, it had some funny bits, but seriously? What was the point? The last episode (Ted buying the house, etc.) was good, though.

I'm really hoping season 6 will be the end, or at least the writing will turn around. I got seasons 1 & 2 for my birthday, and I'd forgotten how funny and awesome the show was back then. Hopefully next season will be better. I'm still going to watch, but I've definitely felt bored this season.

Back
Top Bottom