House MD - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
holy crap. i can't believe this show is on season 7 already. time fucking flies.

i've tried lately to get back into this show. i can tolerate it until usa/sleuth/thatotherchannelthatairshousereruns does that thing where they air season 1 or 2 episodes and i realize how awesome it used to be vs how it's not even remotely the same show anymore. i guess it was the season 5 finale before they shipped house off to the loony bin? i know what they were trying to do, but it came out in the flimsiest and most disjointed way that made the season 2 finale look amazingly coherent.

every now and then i feel compelled to find the season 4-6 episodes i missed, in some distant hope that maybe this show doesn't really suck. still don't want to admit that they really did dumb things down and soap opera it up to meet the tastes of the general tv-watching public.

I loved this episode so much I can't even stand it.:love: This is every Huddy fan's dream come true.

I liked it a lot.

While I generally agree with IWasBored's larger point about how much better the first 2 seasons were I still like House better than most of the crap on TV. It's a bit like U2 in that regard I suppose; the new U2 isn't as good, but it's still U2.

Local station's been playing the promo for House and Cuddy getting together. I can just about cope with Hugh Laurie doing the Yank accent and doing drama. Hell, I can't cope with the idea of Blackadder's Prince Regent ya know, well, getting it on!!! :huh:

I absolutely loved last night. The House/Cuddy scenes make my heart so happy. And the scene with the 2 of them and Wilson was classic.

Wilson: "I've been more passionate with my great-aunt."
House: "Mabel?! Up high!":lol::lol:
Cuddy: *grabs his packagae* "We done here?"
Wilson: *Nods*

The clinic patient was probably one of the best ever. I was cracking up.
Son: "I want you to run a battery of tests"
House: "Carbon dating?"
House: "You're suffering from a severe case of natural causes."

And the POTW was one of the most interesting ones in a long time. It reminded me of early House. Also, Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials was totally the mom.

Still watching, just always a week or two behind with all the shows I record on the DVR. I hope the addiction isn't back for House's sake...

I am but damn it's not half the show it was in the beginning.

Um...what the fuck was that finale? I thought Cuddy was leaving? Clearly not right away, or are they replacing the actress?

As for the season itself, I actually enjoyed it a hell of a lot. And I pretty much called it from the middle of season 4, but Taub is the best new character, hand's down, and his plot this season was a pretty awesome roller coaster, and I just loved the way it ended.

And the scene at the end of the 9th episode (Larger Than Life) with "Start A War"? Holy shit, that was probably my second favorite sequence on House ever.

But, for all intents and purposes, unless they come up with a good reason for why anything and everything post Huddy break-up happened, aside from Edelstein leaving, I'm going to be ok with my mental canon ending in the episode where House tells her that in spite of the fact that he's a poorer doctor when he's with her, he doesn't care. The way they flip flopped back and forth in those three or four episode, it was just bad writing, you can only do that shit so much.

Spoilers ahead, but I'm not tagging it because, seriously, it's been weeks.

The finale was pretty crap. I really liked the penultimate episode but, like last season, the final two minutes of the finale were hilariously bad, so much so that I'm looking forward to the next season purely because we can get past it. I would argue that driving a car through a house (which I suggested he would do about a minute before he did, in jest, and was horrified to actually see it come to pass) is a greater shark jump than Cuddy dumping her fiancee because House had a sad, but it's close. Cuddy is just a shithouse character now, more emotion and spite than human. And House is just an excuse for the writers to indulge in juvenile behavior and destruction. If someone were to watch the pilot, not having seen the rest of the series, and then flip over to the finale, they would laugh themselves into a coma.

The sad thing is that, in many ways, the show improved in season 7. Taub has evolved into a funny, engrossing character, Omar Epps actually seems to be having fun for once, and Chase is his old self again. In every way but House and Cuddy's characterizations, season 7 was a blast. But, you know, House, Cuddy and Huddy have become the show. Fuck.

Ways the writers can resolve this whole mess:

1. Have House reflect on what just occurred in his strung out state and laugh himself into a coma. Cuddy will come to his side a la the season 4 finale and everything will be OK again. Show ends with their wedding; Taub fucks a bridesmaid.

2. Have House and Wilson start a homosexual relationship in Cuddy's absence. Show ends with their wedding; Taub fucks some woman just because.

3. Have everyone but Taub die in a hospital fire; show becomes a zany sitcom involving Jewish humor and madcap baby antics.

4. Have House get his leg caught in a woodchipper for some reason and suddenly become a great guy. Cuddy falls in love with him again and divorces her husband (Taub); show ends with her giving him a blowjob as he pops Vicodin to enhance the experience.

5. All of the above: House laughs himself into a coma and Cuddy comes to his rescue, but doesn't immediately marry him. Instead, she fucks around with his emotions for about 12 episodes during which he has a spiteful fling with Wilson. Then he gets his leg caught in a woodchipper and becomes a great guy, so Cuddy decides to divorce Taub, who fucks one of their bridesmaids out of spite, and because he's an asshole. The show centers on Taub from this point; when Huddy arrives back from their honeymoon, everyone but Taub dies in a hospital fire, leaving him and his kids to their zany antics. The show ends at a bris; Shaky the Mohel guest stars.

THE END.

Back
Top Bottom