Hooouse, MD Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So she died from diet pills?

I think they had no where to go with cold-hearted bitch

so take her out, involve House, create tension between him and his best friend

*SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT*

I just finished watching it so I'm still a little teary...I don't know how anyone could claim that was a dip in quality. One of the best efforts this season . And it actually made me like Amber in the end, which, if you knew how I felt about her you would know is a huge deal, finally made Wilson and her being together understandable. I wanted to believe nothing happened between Amber/House but couldn't believe it really was innocent in the end.

And now for a Huddy moment....Hand holding in the end? Strip tease...could it possibly be? I doubt it, but my hopes are finally back again.

My sole complaint about this season is the fact that they pretty much went NO WHERE with House's near-death experience earlier in the season. He never talked about it, and they never elaborated or used it as episode material. Huge missed opportunity there, probably a victim of the writers strike.

I can't wait for it to come back is all I can say.

Don't forget, 'House's Head', was originally supposed to air right after the Super Bowl, not 'Frozen' (Mira Sorvino episode). 'Wilson's Heart' was supposed to be the episode that aired 2 days later in the Tuesday slot. If not for the writers' strike, we would've still had almost half a season after these episodes. I would've loved to see how that would've played out.

There are so many things about that ep that I can't stop thinking about. Mainly the fact that: wait... do I still have to spoiler alert? Just incase

*SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!*

The fact that 1) House cried when he realized it was too late to help Amber
2) The look on House's face when Wilson wouldn't come into the room 3) The use of the You Can't Always Get What You Want again, this time kinda sucker-punching House.

bono_212 said:
There are so many things about that ep that I can't stop thinking about. Mainly the fact that: wait... do I still have to spoiler alert? Just incase

*SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!*

The fact that 1) House cried when he realized it was too late to help Amber
2) The look on House's face when Wilson wouldn't come into the room 3) The use of the You Can't Always Get What You Want again, this time kinda sucker-punching House.

The House/Wilson friendship will take time to resolve, which is the perfect Huddy opportunity the writers (and me!) have been wanting since season 2.

bono_212 said:

My sole complaint about this season is the fact that they pretty much went NO WHERE with House's near-death experience earlier in the season. He never talked about it, and they never elaborated or used it as episode material. Huge missed opportunity there, probably a victim of the writers strike.

I thought that episode was out-of-character and generally ridiculous, but yeah...they could have at least made it more understandable by expounding upon it in future episodes. Instead, it was a bump in the road.

Kind of like bringing back Amber would have been if not for the payoff of the last two episodes.

LemonMelon said:

I thought that episode was out-of-character and generally ridiculous, but yeah...they could have at least made it more understandable by expounding upon it in future episodes. Instead, it was a bump in the road.

Kind of like bringing back Amber would have been if not for the payoff of the last two episodes.

I really liked that episode because I've felt for a while now that they've been pushing towards some kind of religious episode again, and it never really came. I was really hoping for something flatliners-esque.

Amber on the other hand I felt was super out of character for wilson, but I like how it ended

who is this "Huddy" you all mentioned above? Cuddy? Or is that a typo you want to blame on the site transfer :giggle:

Huddy = House and Cuddy getting together
Hameron = House and Cameron together

But I'm a House Vegan. I don't ship Ham :madspit:

Meh, I thought that episode was lame. House seemed out of character, and the stimulating memory thing seemed a bit silly to me - can they really do that and you literally re-walk through the memory? I don't watch House for accuracy but usually they're actually based on true cases, or at least something that could happen. Also I never really cared about Amber, so the only emotional aspect for me was Wilson I guess. I did like how it ended with no one really being happy though.

I missed the two right before this one...guess I'll check them online.

Looking forward to season five :up:

I seriously cannot fucking stand our TV stations.

they pulled a new episdoe for two old ones, billed as a "House Double Header"

Just give us the new ones!!!!

Well not sure if last night's ep was the finale (one where House kidnaps the soap opera star) but I thought it was a pretty good episode. Still love the show.

The whole Amber/Wilson thing is not agreeing with me though, cos she is just such a bitch!!! She was kicked off House's team for a reason. I hate her.

Like I hate Tom's daughter in Desperate Housewives. Little witch.

Well, those two episodes were fantastic, I thought. Kept me thoroughly hooked throughout, and they were really creepy in parts as well, especially the bits where he was alone on the bus. Didn't bother me at all that Amber ended up becoming a big part of Season 4, I genuinely thought they were great episodes.

My predictions for Season Five include:
  • House will be back to normal within a few episodes I think, though there'll probably be a few little recurring things.
  • Wilson will become very cynical and more depressed, understandably though, because he has lost wives through divorce and now lost a girlfriend.
  • 13'll get sick.
I also liked Foreman in these episodes, which was nice, because I was beginning to dislike him after Season Three. The Cuddy pole dancing thing was funny, especially when she put her clothes back on because "you'd rather diagnose a patient than have sexual thoughts. How screwed up are you?" (Or whatever).

:up: :up:

Well, those two episodes were fantastic, I thought. Kept me thoroughly hooked throughout, and they were really creepy in parts as well, especially the bits where he was alone on the bus. Didn't bother me at all that Amber ended up becoming a big part of Season 4, I genuinely thought they were great episodes.

My predictions for Season Five include:
  • House will be back to normal within a few episodes I think, though there'll probably be a few little recurring things.
  • Wilson will become very cynical and more depressed, understandably though, because he has lost wives through divorce and now lost a girlfriend.
  • 13'll get sick.
I also liked Foreman in these episodes, which was nice, because I was beginning to dislike him after Season Three. The Cuddy pole dancing thing was funny, especially when she put her clothes back on because "you'd rather diagnose a patient than have sexual thoughts. How screwed up are you?" (Or whatever).

:up: :up:

found this on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc2GrjHtDj8

Someone apparently dubbed some music in place of dialog in this version... YouTube - Sexy Cuddy From House

Not a patch on last week, but it was a good effort. The medical mystery was strong, as was the acting. It was emotionally raw (I got teary twice: once when Amber died in Wilson's arms, and again when he found the note on his bed...dunno why about that last one), and I could see it as a solid (but depressing) way to end the season.

Again, good episode, but after the tour-de-force of last week, I'm slightly underwhelmed. I think that this show is dipping in quality these days, but still more than watchable, and occasionally brilliant. The new ducklings are coming to their own, and season 5 will be a make-or-break year for the show.

Who here thinks 13 will leave and be replaced by Cameron next season?

i know i'm a bit late to the finale discussion but with the greatness of the previous episode the finale was nothing but a disappointment. let's hope season 5 sees a great improvement overall.

I think it definitely helped having the episodes played back to back, as we did last night. There was no credits at the end of House's Head, it just went to an ad then to Wilson's Heart, and it was very effective.

Never got teary though. I mean, it was sad, sure, but nothing more than that.

:huh: Is killing off a character in general cruel or what, because I think the writers went above and beyond to make that death as gentle as possible.

If anything, why fuck with Wilson so cruelly? :(

:up: Agree with all that. Wilson doesn't deserve it.

I just finished watching it so I'm still a little teary...I don't know how anyone could claim that was a dip in quality. One of the best efforts this season . And it actually made me like Amber in the end, which, if you knew how I felt about her you would know is a huge deal, finally made Wilson and her being together understandable. I wanted to believe nothing happened between Amber/House but couldn't believe it really was innocent in the end.

And now for a Huddy moment....Hand holding in the end? Strip tease...could it possibly be? I doubt it, but my hopes are finally back again.

I can't wait for it to come back is all I can say.

Agreed, I thought it was awesome, no dip for me. I can't remember his NDE though..? :confused:

Amber on the other hand I felt was super out of character for wilson, but I like how it ended

I felt like that as well, it was strange I really hated Amber as well, but the episodes were so well written that I ended up liking her last night.

Meh, I thought that episode was lame. House seemed out of character, and the stimulating memory thing seemed a bit silly to me - can they really do that and you literally re-walk through the memory? I don't watch House for accuracy but usually they're actually based on true cases, or at least something that could happen. Also I never really cared about Amber, so the only emotional aspect for me was Wilson I guess. I did like how it ended with no one really being happy though.

I missed the two right before this one...guess I'll check them online.

Looking forward to season five :up:

Well they used ESB (Electrical Stimulation of the Brain), which can certainly evoke memories, sounds, images, feelings, thoughts, etc, depending on the area of the brain they stimulate. But I doubt whether they can really walk you through a memory like that, but for me it didn't take away from the episode.

house was almost in character at one point in season 4...i can't remember when it was, though.

i just wish i could quit watching the show.

13 isn't going to get sick, but she will take more chances now and end up sleeping with House, no Cameron, thus creating some drama.

And why all the Amber hate, CTB had a great attitude.
My sole complaint about this season is the fact that they pretty much went NO WHERE with House's near-death experience earlier in the season. He never talked about it, and they never elaborated or used it as episode material.
I think thats because there wasn't anything to it, when he electrocuted himself his heart stopped and he was revived - no afterlife because there is no afterlife, as he stated to the other guys lifeless corpse. The show (like the real world) is consistently without magic (ignoring medical miracles, unlimited hospital resources, a cluster of incredibly rare diseases, great looking doctors and the absence of malpractice suits), if they introduced any supernatural element it would really detract from the show for me; I like the seemingly magical events (seeing a patient in dreams, delusional faith healer, alien abduction) get debunked.

One of my guilty pleasures is watching TV when I'm in motel rooms.

I saw two episodes of this show this week, and I thought it was well-written and interesting. A bit out there with the medical fantasy/sci-fi bits, but I like a good detective story like anyone else.

What's the premise of the show? Who is House and why does he have an staff of 4 at his beck and call?

I think thats because there wasn't anything to it, when he electrocuted himself his heart stopped and he was revived - no afterlife because there is no afterlife, as he stated to the other guys lifeless corpse. The show (like the real world) is consistently without magic (ignoring medical miracles, unlimited hospital resources, a cluster of incredibly rare diseases, great looking doctors and the absence of malpractice suits), if they introduced any supernatural element it would really detract from the show for me; I like the seemingly magical events (seeing a patient in dreams, delusional faith healer, alien abduction) get debunked.

Regardless of what House saw when he shocked himself (he told the corpse that he saw nothing, but he may have just as well been talking to himself, and he seemed extremely hesitant to discuss it with Wilson, more so than if he was confident in his findings), it was still one of the most out-of-character moments in the show's entire run. The rational, cocksure Gregory House would never do something like that to himself. If anything, he would do it to someone else. Terrible writing.

Back
Top Bottom