Hooouse, MD Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my guilty pleasures is watching TV when I'm in motel rooms.

I saw two episodes of this show this week, and I thought it was well-written and interesting. A bit out there with the medical fantasy/sci-fi bits, but I like a good detective story like anyone else.

What's the premise of the show? Who is House and why does he have an staff of 4 at his beck and call?

The basic premise is that House is a genius doctor, a savant if you will, with incredibly bad bedside manners and a penchant for ignoring rules and regulations. He is (generally) more concerned with solving a riddle rather than the actual well-being of the patient, which can actually be a good thing on some occasions. Why he has staff at his beck and call I'm not sure.

What's the premise of the show? Who is House and why does he have an staff of 4 at his beck and call?

Basically, it's Sherlock Holmes in a hospital, where the crimes/mysteries are of a medical nature. Only House is way grumpier/meaner than Holmes.
And he has a staff of 4 to allow him to make snarky comments. :)

I haven't seen the episodes in order (as I can't watch it every week, plus the channel might show them out of order), but I really like this show. My personal highlight are often his moments in the clinic. Telling other people how stupid they are! :love:

:)

Kinda trivialises the show, that ad I reckon.

Hopefully the eps are as good as the last one is season four :love:

Just bought Seasons two and three, along with seasons one and two of How I Met Your Mother :love:

Season 4 comes out today...and no, I haven't had it for 3 weeks, whoever said I did is lying :wink:

Can't wait for another season of :grumpy: I wonder how it will go with him and Wilson...

So I've got House seasons 1/2/3 now on DVD. But I can't get motivated to watch season two now, simply because the old House cohorts (Chase/Foreman/Cameron) are annoying, especially Cameron. Never realised that until I decided I lurve season four.

So I've got House seasons 1/2/3 now on DVD. But I can't get motivated to watch season two now, simply because the old House cohorts (Chase/Foreman/Cameron) are annoying, especially Cameron. Never realised that until I decided I lurve season four.

We couldn't disagree more on this. Season 2 is by far the best season they've put together so far. Brilliant insights into House's "pain problem", intense, gut-wrenching cases, and subtle story arcs that aren't as intrusive as the Volger/Tritter stuff in seasons 1 and 3, respectively. Season 4 is alright, but the medicine is forgotten in the shuffle, and I simply am not all that crazy about the new doctors yet.

Tritter :vomit:

I've only watched one ep, but just to remember what Cameron's like again annoyed me. That and the fact that it wasn't a very good episode (the death row guy).

wow, so are you telling me you actually like the new ducklings more than the originals??!

that's crazy talk, I would rather watch JUST Cameron and House interact instead of having to put up with Taub, Kumar and 13 together...

The only newbie I liked they killed off! Amber was at least interesting, Tuab has nothing, Kumar is some sort of "danger junkie" (oooh how original) and 13 is predictable...

I'm praying by the end of this season he comes to his senses and fires the lot of them...

I definitely don't like the new ducklings as well as the old. That being said, Cameron has always been my least favorite character. I think she's an immature, self-righteous brat, and I don't mind seeing less of her. Although, I definitely would take the new team over the old. I do like the new characters, though, they'll just take some getting use to. The writers strike really messed up last season, so I think it'll improve a lot this year with the new team.

wow, so are you telling me you actually like the new ducklings more than the originals??!

that's crazy talk, I would rather watch JUST Cameron and House interact instead of having to put up with Taub, Kumar and 13 together...

The only newbie I liked they killed off! Amber was at least interesting, Tuab has nothing, Kumar is some sort of "danger junkie" (oooh how original) and 13 is predictable...

I'm praying by the end of this season he comes to his senses and fires the lot of them...

I definitely don't like the new ducklings as well as the old. That being said, Cameron has always been my least favorite character. I think she's an immature, self-righteous brat, and I don't mind seeing less of her. Although, I definitely would take the new team over the old. I do like the new characters, though, they'll just take some getting use to. The writers strike really messed up last season, so I think it'll improve a lot this year with the new team.

It was just a good change I thought :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom