Hooooouse M.D. Season 5! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
So I love this show.. but GOD its the same shit every episode. Patient has multiple symptoms, doctors suggest it could be 5 million different things, treat for all of them, nothing seems to work, oh but it has to be MS or cancer!! No.. then House comes in and figures out its something simple like a bug bite or some shit I think they really need to change it up. It's very predictable.

Aside from that, his interaction with everyone makes the show worth watching. Even though I guess I missed the last season ending because I had no idea CB died
Yup, and that's why I can barely watch it now. I mean, I watched the finale last season, and I watched last night, but wow, that shit is boring. I doubt it'll be a priority for me this season. I found that last night, even the character House was starting to annoy me.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #47
The Male

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I thought it was pretty good, but you know what? I've been trying my damnedest to figure out why it hasn't been as good the last couple seasons and I think I've got it. Somewhere along the way the cases/patients stopped mattering.
It was season 3. The cases were mediocre and were overshadowed by the soap opera, which eventually led to the original three doctors leaving the show for an entire episode. The show hit a wall and the writers knew it. Then they tried to squirm their way out of it by introducing House's little game, and guess what happened? So many new characters were thrown into the mix that there was almost zero time left for the case. And even though most of those characters were never seen on the show again, nothing has changed. I'm hoping that, once this House/Wilson arc is resolved, they'll get back to basics. However, I can't believe that some of you hadn't noticed how predictable this show is until just now. It's not a recent issue; season 2 was my favorite season, but everything you guys are complaining about was an issue then as well. Heck, the example Sicy used about the bug bite was actually from a season 2 episode! If anything, the writers are trying to downplay the predictability of the medicine by spicing up the soap opera, which is understandable, if not commendable.

As for this episode, I really liked the POTW, her attitude, her personality, and the way she interacted with 13, but the medicine felt rehashed. The soap opera wasn't handled perfectly, but that last scene was a heartbreaker. Just watch Hugh Laurie's eyes. Wow. House looks absolutely destroyed, which is something you never, ever get to see on this show. This is arguably his lowest point, excepting perhaps his vicodin and alcohol binge at the end of Merry Little Christmas. House just lost perhaps the only real relationship he has.

The Case: B-
  • POTW: A
  • Medicine: C
The Soap Opera: A-
  • Humor: B
  • Character interactions: A
Overall: B

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
However, I can't believe that some of you hadn't noticed how predictable this show is until just now. It's not a recent issue; season 2 was my favorite season, but everything you guys are complaining about was an issue then as well. Heck, the example Sicy used about the bug bite was actually from a season 2 episode! If anything, the writers are trying to downplay the predictability of the medicine by spicing up the soap opera, which is understandable, if not commendable.
It actually started for me last season. I think I watched till the 'game' was decided, and after that, I don't think I watched another episode until the finale. In fact, I think I posted in the thread at the end of last season that I found the finale meh, too. I want to like it, but it just isn't there for me anymore, I guess.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:08 AM   #49
45:33

Local Time: 03:33 PM
We're only on an eight day delay!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
It would be a different matter entirely if the new characters were actually INTERESTING. 13 needs to die already. I cannot stand her. Taub's okay and Kumar (I can't think of him as anyone else) is tolerable, but 13...christ, she's painful.
Thank you!!!

I'm just concerned by how much they are going to milk her illness and all the damage/angst that comes along with it. Remember when Cameron had the AIDS scare in the first season (or was it S2? ) I think this is going to be worse... Barf bags on standby
Old 09-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Did anyone watched tonight's episode?

(or for that matter...did anyone really cared about the episode?)
Old 09-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:33 AM
I did. I thought it was quite a bit better than last week, but I loved that too.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 PM   #53
The Male

It was crammed with too many ideas, but I liked that the episode wasn't obsessed with the House/Wilson drama, instead focusing on a very interesting medical mystery. Also, the PI subplot wasn't as ridiculous as I had feared.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:37 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

I think my House days are behind me.

It was fun the first season or two.

Now it is just too much the same.

I am tired of cranky old House.

And the shit blowing out on the guy was just stupid, juvenile.

The PI is a young obnoxious House. Will he be his new best friend? and do I really give a f*ck. No.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #55
War Child

for some reason I feel robbed of all the great banter that used to be between Cuddy, Wilson, House and even the others

it left me actually feeling sorry for House

and well that's just wrong
Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

alright there are what? 9 "major" characters in the show now and they decide to bring in another??

Cammeron wasn't even in this latest episode... damn, time to lose some dead weight.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

I've read that the P.I. is the main character in this season's arc, much like Vogler in Season 1, Stacy in season 2, Tritter in Season 3, and all the potential ducklings, especially Cutthroat Bitch, last season.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier

I see, well, still too many characters for my taste...

The P.I. was driving me crazy, I couldn't figure out where I'd seen him before - He's the psycho who took David hostage on Six Feet Under - thank you imbd...
Old 09-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

New episode tonight! I read somewhere, though, that after tonight there won't be any new episodes for 3 weeks. Fucking baseball play-offs
Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

Ok...so is Wilson really gone for good? Terrible send off, but whatever, I'm still watching the show because I still like the two remaining *main* characters (House, and Cuddy). And I don't mind the P.I. he's cute in a quirky way. What I don't understand is how we're supposed to believe someone as messed up as House is just completely FINE after losing his best and only friend. Wilson was like this anchor for him, and suddenly he's fine with him leaving?

ETA: and then the preview for next week comes on....neeeever mind

Tags
house