Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #301
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:48 PM

DANCE DANCE DANCE! etc.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #302
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:48 PM

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The moment I've been waiting years for has finally arrived! Huddy! I can't wait to see more about it next week. This was an absolutely brilliant episode. Hugh gave one of the best performances I've ever seen on TV. If he doesn't win an Emmy after this, than something is seriously wrong. He and Lisa Edelstein were amazing tonight.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #303
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The moment I've been waiting years for has finally arrived! Huddy! I can't wait to see more about it next week. This was an absolutely brilliant episode. Hugh gave one of the best performances I've ever seen on TV. If he doesn't win an Emmy after this, than something is seriously wrong. He and Lisa Edelstein were amazing tonight.

I didn't think ALL of the episode was that good, and I honestly laughed at the "NOOOO" bit when Cuddy flushed the pill....but Hugh crying was pretty awful ....however, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE indeed
Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #304
The Male

House rant ahead. Some spoilers near the end, so I used the tag (plus, it looks cool, and haven't found a reason to use it yet ):

First off, I'll start by actually talking about the first 41 minutes and 30 seconds of the episode, which I'm sure most will just glance over in favor of the ending. Personally, I thought the bookends of this episode were lame, but the middle was surprisingly good. I didn't think much of the patient at first, and, when you think about it, the idea of someone's epidermis randomly falling off is pretty absurd. However, the medical case benefited from the surreal vibe of the soap opera facet of the episode (which, while entertaining and even somewhat beguiling did, in fact, feel like a soap opera...the kind House, MD used to mock), and it had this certain mysterious aura to it. I lost track of it near the end, but I never complained when it was on.

Now, about that soap opera facet. I will confess to laughing my ass off when I saw the preview for last week's episode, but I really think Amber's part in everything has been handled extremely well. I love that you can see House's growing insanity reflected in Amber. At first, she was very straightforward, logical, and rational. By the end of tonight's episode, she was singing karaoke and always had the creepiest grin on her face. You could tell how fucked House's mind truly was at that point. It's as if he was tormenting himself.

And then there was Huddy. Oh Lord. Well, the makeout was pretty mind-numbing, but at least it fit into the context of the previous 10 minutes, unlike The First Kiss. I know this is a low blow, but...anyone here remember Stacy? Did House drooling over a woman make him more clever? Did it make him funnier? Did the situation bring ANYTHING positive to the show whatsoever? Considering it didn't work the first time, is there any logical reason that this would bring the show back to season 1-2 quality? I'm sorry, but this Huddy thing is either going to end quickly or run the show into the ground. Take your pick. For me, as long as House is still doing his thing, saving lives and cracking wise, I'm going to keep watching. To date, I believe his character is still intact, but the writers may start chipping away at it very, very soon.

Anyway, good episode, but I'm not a big fan of the direction the writers apparently want to take the show in. At this rate, it's going to become everything it once mocked and stood high above well before season 7-8 rolls around. It's already getting there.

PS: Cameron handling semen was far less sexy than it had any right to be. Dammit, what a missed opportunity that was.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:27 AM   #305
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:

When that moment was about to happen, I thought SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and I had to check the forum and see if you had posted yet

Do we have any idea what was wrong with the patient, and what exactly they did in the end that actually worked?

Cuddy's got gorgeous eyes, as does Hugh.
/random

Old 05-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #306
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I also squee'd when Cameron and Chase got engaged. :
by squee'd, you mean puked on your shoes?

what happened? that happened? apparently this show is the proverbial trainwreck that i try not to stare at, but then USA does something crazy like airs a bunch of early episodes. i start to think maybe the loss of wit in place of rampant soap opera didn't necessarily reach that fatal stage in season 3 like i though, and then i look again. except i only looked here. didn't look medusa in the eye. will not turn to stone. phew.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
House rant ahead. Some spoilers near the end, so I used the tag (plus, it looks cool, and haven't found a reason to use it yet ):

First off, I'll start by actually talking about the first 41 minutes and 30 seconds of the episode, which I'm sure most will just glance over in favor of the ending. Personally, I thought the bookends of this episode were lame, but the middle was surprisingly good. I didn't think much of the patient at first, and, when you think about it, the idea of someone's epidermis randomly falling off is pretty absurd. However, the medical case benefited from the surreal vibe of the soap opera facet of the episode (which, while entertaining and even somewhat beguiling did, in fact, feel like a soap opera...the kind House, MD used to mock), and it had this certain mysterious aura to it. I lost track of it near the end, but I never complained when it was on.

Now, about that soap opera facet. I will confess to laughing my ass off when I saw the preview for last week's episode, but I really think Amber's part in everything has been handled extremely well. I love that you can see House's growing insanity reflected in Amber. At first, she was very straightforward, logical, and rational. By the end of tonight's episode, she was singing karaoke and always had the creepiest grin on her face. You could tell how fucked House's mind truly was at that point. It's as if he was tormenting himself.

And then there was Huddy. Oh Lord. Well, the makeout was pretty mind-numbing, but at least it fit into the context of the previous 10 minutes, unlike The First Kiss. I know this is a low blow, but...anyone here remember Stacy? Did House drooling over a woman make him more clever? Did it make him funnier? Did the situation bring ANYTHING positive to the show whatsoever? Considering it didn't work the first time, is there any logical reason that this would bring the show back to season 1-2 quality? I'm sorry, but this Huddy thing is either going to end quickly or run the show into the ground. Take your pick. For me, as long as House is still doing his thing, saving lives and cracking wise, I'm going to keep watching. To date, I believe his character is still intact, but the writers may start chipping away at it very, very soon.

Anyway, good episode, but I'm not a big fan of the direction the writers apparently want to take the show in. At this rate, it's going to become everything it once mocked and stood high above well before season 7-8 rolls around. It's already getting there.

PS: Cameron handling semen was far less sexy than it had any right to be. Dammit, what a missed opportunity that was.
Agreed, I liked the Amber bit. Especially at the end when the cause became clear, and Amber was clearly the monkey on his back (in the bathroom). Pretty cool. But yeah, the Huddy thing, I can't see it ending well (for them or us). I actually didn't mind the Stacy storyline, but if she'd stayed I would have...and Cuddy isn't going anywhere.

Also how did House bet he could go a week without pills (and win), and then detox in one night in last night's ep?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #308
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
Also how did House bet he could go a week without pills (and win), and then detox in one night in last night's ep?
My biggest qualm. I must admit, I laughed through most of the episode at the ridiculousness of some of it. Especially this.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #309
Blue Crack Distributor

maybe he's not done detoxing?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #310
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
I think it was implied that his vicodin levels were waaaay up recently?

Thats the only explanation I can think of....

And Amber was downright creepy at the end. It was good.

I am concerned about the show tho, what a roller coaster, I'll love one thing, and then go damnit! the next.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #311
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:48 PM
Season finale?

WTF!?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #312
Blue Crack Distributor

Where is everyone?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #313
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Well, that was...surreal. I have no words, other than I am cry at no more House until the Fall. Season finales really snuck up on me this year.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #314
Blue Crack Distributor

What does it all mean? I think I need to go back and rewatch the last 10 minutes or so....
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I can't figure out when the last real part was...was there even a case? I'm guessing yeah because the Cameron & Chase stuff obviously happened.

Tags
house