Hooooouse M.D. Season 5!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True...but he stood up to House...and that's the important thing.

I agree, but he's being way too harsh. Wilson (and Cuddy) are the only ones that know how vulnerable and emotionally fragile House really is. Yes, House is an arrogant, narcissistic, self-loathing, selfish bastard, but he's that way for a reason. We know part of that is from the abuse he suffered in his childhood, part is from his leg, and part we've never found out about yet, I'm guessing. House can't be treated like other people because he's not like other people. Without Wilson and/or Cuddy, he won't be able to function. Bottom line, Wilson only did what he did because of his own grief. If nothing had ever happened to Cutthroat Bitch, he never would have said what he said to House or decided to do what he says he's going to. It's an emotional reaction, not a rational decision.

all the interaction with House, Wilson and Cuddy = A+

everything else = D-

The case this week almost seemed like an after thought, 13, Tuab and Kumar are completely useless and Foreman, Cameron and Chase are pretty much ignored.

So I love this show.. but GOD its the same shit every episode. Patient has multiple symptoms, doctors suggest it could be 5 million different things, treat for all of them, nothing seems to work, oh but it has to be MS or cancer!! No.. then House comes in and figures out its something simple like a bug bite or some shit :doh: I think they really need to change it up. It's very predictable.

Aside from that, his interaction with everyone makes the show worth watching. Even though I guess I missed the last season ending because I had no idea CB died :wink:

So I love this show.. but GOD its the same shit every episode. Patient has multiple symptoms, doctors suggest it could be 5 million different things, treat for all of them, nothing seems to work, oh but it has to be MS or cancer!! No.. then House comes in and figures out its something simple like a bug bite or some shit :doh: I think they really need to change it up. It's very predictable.

Aside from that, his interaction with everyone makes the show worth watching. Even though I guess I missed the last season ending because I had no idea CB died :wink:

:yes: I've been saying this for the last two seasons...

All I watch it for now is him and how he interacts with the other characters...

^Agreed. The snark was amazing.

House: "So, we're treating professional sports injuries now?
Obese ER Patient: "Oh no, I'm not-"
House: "Familiar with the concept of sarcasm? Don't sweat it. It's new." :lmao::lmao:

I thought it was pretty good, but you know what? I've been trying my damnedest to figure out why it hasn't been as good the last couple seasons and I think I've got it. Somewhere along the way the cases/patients stopped mattering. Lately every case is all about how it effects one of the new ducks it seems...last night's was no exception, all about 13's Huntington's. The older eps managed, in an hour, to give you enough about the patient so you could actually care whether House solved the case or not; that's rare lately. I think that's why I liked "Frozen" from last season, and the ep with the NASA girl (was that the 2nd episode?). Anyone else get this? Or am I crazy?

You missed the 2-part Season 4 ender? :tsk:
But I agree about the formula of the show :sigh:

Not enough HOUSE in this episode, but the scenes he WAS in were very good!

^Agreed. The snark was amazing.

House: "So, we're treating professional sports injuries now?
Obese ER Patient: "Oh no, I'm not-"
House: "Familiar with the concept of sarcasm? Don't sweat it. It's new." :lmao::lmao:

I'm glad someone remembered that scene :lol:

Maybe they need multiple patients per episode. Some that may be tricky & diagnosed, others, as the usual amount of symptoms/diagnoses, and maybe a couple that cross for unrelated reasons :shrug: Or just more Cameron, Chase, Foreman,... Something has to happen to 13 along the line, no? Or more personal insight/revelations about House :hmm:

I thought it was pretty good, but you know what? I've been trying my damnedest to figure out why it hasn't been as good the last couple seasons and I think I've got it. Somewhere along the way the cases/patients stopped mattering. Lately every case is all about how it effects one of the new ducks it seems...last night's was no exception, all about 13's Huntington's. The older eps managed, in an hour, to give you enough about the patient so you could actually care whether House solved the case or not; that's rare lately. I think that's why I liked "Frozen" from last season, and the ep with the NASA girl (was that the 2nd episode?). Anyone else get this? Or am I crazy?

I see what you're saying. It seems like the writers are trying to give depth to the new supporting cast too quickly. Chase, Cameron and Foreman were allowed to grow as characters over three seasons. Their lives and personalities were always secondary to the cases - that whole process has now been reversed, and I don't care for that aspect of it at all. It would be a different matter entirely if the new characters were actually INTERESTING. 13 needs to die already. I cannot stand her. Taub's okay and Kumar (I can't think of him as anyone else) is tolerable, but 13...christ, she's painful.

As for the latest episode: WTF, Wilson?

Yup, and that's why I can barely watch it now. I mean, I watched the finale last season, and I watched last night, but wow, that shit is boring. I doubt it'll be a priority for me this season. I found that last night, even the character House was starting to annoy me.

I thought it was pretty good, but you know what? I've been trying my damnedest to figure out why it hasn't been as good the last couple seasons and I think I've got it. Somewhere along the way the cases/patients stopped mattering.

It was season 3. The cases were mediocre and were overshadowed by the soap opera, which eventually led to the original three doctors leaving the show for an entire episode. The show hit a wall and the writers knew it. Then they tried to squirm their way out of it by introducing House's little game, and guess what happened? So many new characters were thrown into the mix that there was almost zero time left for the case. And even though most of those characters were never seen on the show again, nothing has changed. I'm hoping that, once this House/Wilson arc is resolved, they'll get back to basics. However, I can't believe that some of you hadn't noticed how predictable this show is until just now. It's not a recent issue; season 2 was my favorite season, but everything you guys are complaining about was an issue then as well. Heck, the example Sicy used about the bug bite was actually from a season 2 episode! If anything, the writers are trying to downplay the predictability of the medicine by spicing up the soap opera, which is understandable, if not commendable.

As for this episode, I really liked the POTW, her attitude, her personality, and the way she interacted with 13, but the medicine felt rehashed. The soap opera wasn't handled perfectly, but that last scene was a heartbreaker. Just watch Hugh Laurie's eyes. Wow. House looks absolutely destroyed, which is something you never, ever get to see on this show. This is arguably his lowest point, excepting perhaps his vicodin and alcohol binge at the end of Merry Little Christmas. House just lost perhaps the only real relationship he has.

The Case: B-
  • POTW: A
  • Medicine: C
The Soap Opera: A-
  • Humor: B
  • Character interactions: A
Overall: B

However, I can't believe that some of you hadn't noticed how predictable this show is until just now. It's not a recent issue; season 2 was my favorite season, but everything you guys are complaining about was an issue then as well. Heck, the example Sicy used about the bug bite was actually from a season 2 episode! If anything, the writers are trying to downplay the predictability of the medicine by spicing up the soap opera, which is understandable, if not commendable.

It actually started for me last season. I think I watched till the 'game' was decided, and after that, I don't think I watched another episode until the finale. In fact, I think I posted in the thread at the end of last season that I found the finale meh, too. I want to like it, but it just isn't there for me anymore, I guess.

It would be a different matter entirely if the new characters were actually INTERESTING. 13 needs to die already. I cannot stand her. Taub's okay and Kumar (I can't think of him as anyone else) is tolerable, but 13...christ, she's painful.

:bow: Thank you!!!

I'm just concerned by how much they are going to milk her illness and all the damage/angst that comes along with it. Remember when Cameron had the AIDS scare in the first season (or was it S2? :hmm: ) I think this is going to be worse... Barf bags on standby :|

It was crammed with too many ideas, but I liked that the episode wasn't obsessed with the House/Wilson drama, instead focusing on a very interesting medical mystery. Also, the PI subplot wasn't as ridiculous as I had feared.

I think my House days are behind me.

It was fun the first season or two.

Now it is just too much the same.

I am tired of cranky old House.

And the shit blowing out on the guy was just stupid, juvenile.

The PI is a young obnoxious House. Will he be his new best friend? and do I really give a f*ck. No.

for some reason I feel robbed of all the great banter that used to be between Cuddy, Wilson, House and even the others

it left me actually feeling sorry for House

and well that's just wrong
:lol::angry:

I've read that the P.I. is the main character in this season's arc, much like Vogler in Season 1, Stacy in season 2, Tritter in Season 3, and all the potential ducklings, especially Cutthroat Bitch, last season.

Ok...so is Wilson really gone for good? Terrible send off, but whatever, I'm still watching the show because I still like the two remaining *main* characters (House, and Cuddy). And I don't mind the P.I. he's cute in a quirky way. What I don't understand is how we're supposed to believe someone as messed up as House is just completely FINE after losing his best and only friend. Wilson was like this anchor for him, and suddenly he's fine with him leaving?

ETA: and then the preview for next week comes on....neeeever mind

Back
Top Bottom