Hooooouse M.D. Season 5!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!:love::hyper: The moment I've been waiting years for has finally arrived! Huddy! I can't wait to see more about it next week. This was an absolutely brilliant episode. Hugh gave one of the best performances I've ever seen on TV. If he doesn't win an Emmy after this, than something is seriously wrong. He and Lisa Edelstein were amazing tonight.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!:love::hyper: The moment I've been waiting years for has finally arrived! Huddy! I can't wait to see more about it next week. This was an absolutely brilliant episode. Hugh gave one of the best performances I've ever seen on TV. If he doesn't win an Emmy after this, than something is seriously wrong. He and Lisa Edelstein were amazing tonight.

I didn't think ALL of the episode was that good, and I honestly laughed at the "NOOOO" bit when Cuddy flushed the pill....but Hugh crying was pretty awful :(....however, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE indeed :D:D:D:D:D:D

House rant ahead. Some spoilers near the end, so I used the tag (plus, it looks cool, and haven't found a reason to use it yet :wink: ):

First off, I'll start by actually talking about the first 41 minutes and 30 seconds of the episode, which I'm sure most will just glance over in favor of the ending. Personally, I thought the bookends of this episode were lame, but the middle was surprisingly good. I didn't think much of the patient at first, and, when you think about it, the idea of someone's epidermis randomly falling off is pretty absurd. However, the medical case benefited from the surreal vibe of the soap opera facet of the episode (which, while entertaining and even somewhat beguiling did, in fact, feel like a soap opera...the kind House, MD used to mock), and it had this certain mysterious aura to it. I lost track of it near the end, but I never complained when it was on.

Now, about that soap opera facet. I will confess to laughing my ass off when I saw the preview for last week's episode, but I really think Amber's part in everything has been handled extremely well. I love that you can see House's growing insanity reflected in Amber. At first, she was very straightforward, logical, and rational. By the end of tonight's episode, she was singing karaoke and always had the creepiest grin on her face. You could tell how fucked House's mind truly was at that point. It's as if he was tormenting himself.

And then there was Huddy. Oh Lord. Well, the makeout was pretty mind-numbing, but at least it fit into the context of the previous 10 minutes, unlike The First Kiss. I know this is a low blow, but...anyone here remember Stacy? Did House drooling over a woman make him more clever? Did it make him funnier? Did the situation bring ANYTHING positive to the show whatsoever? Considering it didn't work the first time, is there any logical reason that this would bring the show back to season 1-2 quality? I'm sorry, but this Huddy thing is either going to end quickly or run the show into the ground. Take your pick. For me, as long as House is still doing his thing, saving lives and cracking wise, I'm going to keep watching. To date, I believe his character is still intact, but the writers may start chipping away at it very, very soon.

Anyway, good episode, but I'm not a big fan of the direction the writers apparently want to take the show in. At this rate, it's going to become everything it once mocked and stood high above well before season 7-8 rolls around. It's already getting there.

PS: Cameron handling semen was far less sexy than it had any right to be. Dammit, what a missed opportunity that was.

When that moment was about to happen, I thought SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and I had to check the forum and see if you had posted yet :tongue:

Do we have any idea what was wrong with the patient, and what exactly they did in the end that actually worked? :scratch:

Cuddy's got gorgeous eyes, as does Hugh.
/random

:D

I also squee'd when Cameron and Chase got engaged.:heart: :

by squee'd, you mean puked on your shoes?

what happened? that happened? apparently this show is the proverbial trainwreck that i try not to stare at, but then USA does something crazy like airs a bunch of early episodes. i start to think maybe the loss of wit in place of rampant soap opera didn't necessarily reach that fatal stage in season 3 like i though, and then i look again. except i only looked here. didn't look medusa in the eye. will not turn to stone. phew.

House rant ahead. Some spoilers near the end, so I used the tag (plus, it looks cool, and haven't found a reason to use it yet :wink: ):

First off, I'll start by actually talking about the first 41 minutes and 30 seconds of the episode, which I'm sure most will just glance over in favor of the ending. Personally, I thought the bookends of this episode were lame, but the middle was surprisingly good. I didn't think much of the patient at first, and, when you think about it, the idea of someone's epidermis randomly falling off is pretty absurd. However, the medical case benefited from the surreal vibe of the soap opera facet of the episode (which, while entertaining and even somewhat beguiling did, in fact, feel like a soap opera...the kind House, MD used to mock), and it had this certain mysterious aura to it. I lost track of it near the end, but I never complained when it was on.

Now, about that soap opera facet. I will confess to laughing my ass off when I saw the preview for last week's episode, but I really think Amber's part in everything has been handled extremely well. I love that you can see House's growing insanity reflected in Amber. At first, she was very straightforward, logical, and rational. By the end of tonight's episode, she was singing karaoke and always had the creepiest grin on her face. You could tell how fucked House's mind truly was at that point. It's as if he was tormenting himself.

And then there was Huddy. Oh Lord. Well, the makeout was pretty mind-numbing, but at least it fit into the context of the previous 10 minutes, unlike The First Kiss. I know this is a low blow, but...anyone here remember Stacy? Did House drooling over a woman make him more clever? Did it make him funnier? Did the situation bring ANYTHING positive to the show whatsoever? Considering it didn't work the first time, is there any logical reason that this would bring the show back to season 1-2 quality? I'm sorry, but this Huddy thing is either going to end quickly or run the show into the ground. Take your pick. For me, as long as House is still doing his thing, saving lives and cracking wise, I'm going to keep watching. To date, I believe his character is still intact, but the writers may start chipping away at it very, very soon.

Anyway, good episode, but I'm not a big fan of the direction the writers apparently want to take the show in. At this rate, it's going to become everything it once mocked and stood high above well before season 7-8 rolls around. It's already getting there.

PS: Cameron handling semen was far less sexy than it had any right to be. Dammit, what a missed opportunity that was.

Agreed, I liked the Amber bit. Especially at the end when the cause became clear, and Amber was clearly the monkey on his back (in the bathroom). Pretty cool. But yeah, the Huddy thing, I can't see it ending well (for them or us). I actually didn't mind the Stacy storyline, but if she'd stayed I would have...and Cuddy isn't going anywhere.

Also how did House bet he could go a week without pills (and win), and then detox in one night in last night's ep?

Also how did House bet he could go a week without pills (and win), and then detox in one night in last night's ep?

My biggest qualm. I must admit, I laughed through most of the episode at the ridiculousness of some of it. Especially this.

Well, that was...surreal. I have no words, other than I am cry at no more House until the Fall. Season finales really snuck up on me this year.

I can't figure out when the last real part was...was there even a case? I'm guessing yeah because the Cameron & Chase stuff obviously happened.

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused :hi5: :(

I have no idea if he actually took the pills during detox or not. Or if House even knew if he did. And what was the point of him trying to make Cuddy mad? Was that the only way he could talk to Cuddy? :scratch:

As an entire episode, I thought it was a bit of a letdown, but the last 7 mins or so were amazing.... gotta say I called it, though... I'm gonna have 2 watch it again...

House had taken so much Oxy he hallucinated everything that happened with Cuddy. After he realized how far gone he is, he checked himself into a psych hospital. I can't believe we have to wait until September to find out what's going on.

so he didn't really sleep with Cuddy?

Nope.
He figured that out in her office when he kept having those flashbacks. I'm guessing their relationship is going to be explored even more next season though, because they both seemed to realize how much they meant to each other during that scene. I can't wait to see how this whole thing plays out. If you remember, last week before House said he wanted to try the detox, Wilson suggested he go to a rehab/mental health facility, but House refused because he'd lose his medical license. I'm wondering how this is going to work. Maybe he'll check in under a pseudonym.

I remember House having a discussion with Wilson about going away to detox and that it would affect him in respect to being a doctor. I knew he couldn't get detoxed in one evening, that just didn't make sense last week. And of course the fact that he announced to everyone he slept with Cuddy, and then must have realized he actually didn't. Must rewatch!

Ok, so there's lots to talk about but I'm confused about something else.

Wtf ended up happening with the patient? :scream:

I was so confused at the end, but upon pondering I pieced together most of it, I think?
Patient had seizures
so apparently they decided to slice his brain...a rather radical choice, but sure.
Evil hand of the right, appears.
Then he comes to the hospital.
And I caught something at the end that the chemical probably gave him the seizures?
Did they cure him though?
Can they fix the evil hand?

Back
Top Bottom