Help me understand the very existence of Perez Hilton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HBK-79

War Child
I hear his name bounced around every now and then. I swear- I turn on the morning radio, and I sometimes hear “Get your Hollywood daily dirt from Perez Hilton.”

I must admit- I don’t know a whole lot about this guy. All I know about him is that he is gay, that he dyes his hair in weird colours, and that Perez Hilton isn’t even his real name. I know he owns a ridiculous website- which I’ve never been to. It seems that he’s one of these so-called “gossip columnists.” And a lot of the entertainment media look to him for the latest in celebrity news.

What gets me is that he has knocked several of my favourite people, including Bono. And he has done this by spreading misinformation, and by making mean-spirited quips about them- all for no reason and to just be an A-hole.

I’ve heard he’s gained a lot of exposure on TV, radio, and other media. Everyone that doesn’t live under a rock knows his name. But it’s also apparent that that no one likes him or takes him seriously. So why has he become a quasi-celebrity?

He’s not trying to be a comedian. He’s not trying to be a news source. Or even a critic.

So what is he supposed to be? Who the hell is his employer? Who pays his salary? How can someone make a name for himself with basically bullshit job functions?

Making snide remarks about famous people- How can you establish a career out of that?

I’m confused. Can anyone further elucidate the reason why this guy even exists?:confused:

P.S. He is reportedly a HUGE fan of Katy Perry. Now that’s fucked-up.

He's a celeb gossip-monger as well as annoying fame whore.

That's as much time as I'm willing to spend thinking about him. :)

He started a blog by sitting in a cafe in LA, talking about the rumors and gossip he would hear...

This little blog, started getting massive amount of hits per day. Then he had enough hits where people were willing to pay for advertising, that's how he started making his real money.

He found a niche and knew how to work it... And he's been the first to break a lot of "big" stories so now he's gained some "credibility"...

I recommend this book:

how-babies-are-made-cover.jpg

He started a blog by sitting in a cafe in LA, talking about the rumors and gossip he would hear...

This little blog, started getting massive amount of hits per day. Then he had enough hits where people were willing to pay for advertising, that's how he started making his real money.

He has a book out now, too.

He makes a very good living doing what he does.

More power to him, I say :up:

It's stuff like this that kind of irks me:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...arkson-kicking-u2s-ass-in-the-u-s-192814.html

How can someone get popular by saying shite like that?

Um, well, lots more people bought Kelly Clarkson's single than U2's? :shrug: I don't understand why this upsets people. Is it because Perez Hilton brought it to their attention? It doesn't make it any less true b/c he blogged about it. There's a whole thread of useless statistics trying to prove why this "doesn't matter." Kelly Clarkson is popular. Who gives a shit?

Perez Hilton highlights everything that's vacuous and empty about modern culture... in my opinion.

Re: Bono, look, if Bono chooses to spend times with young girls in bikinis then most likely someone is going to say something. :shrug:

Yeah, that was f---ed up, sry B.Voz but that was.

Anywho, I met Perez Hilton, and he was nice...but I really don't like him. I get my celeb crap intake from ONTD...

a far more classier establishment

yeah there's a bunch of vacuous stuff, but pretty much every page has at least one post, out of about 20 on a page, that highlights a charity and how people can donate to them. these posts aren't ads, they're actual posts that he puts up :shrug: pretty decent

he's also more up to the minute in celeb news than other outlets, such as people.com, so he's good to check for a quick update and he's very catty and says what most people are actually thinking, instead of sidestepping around stuff like other sites :wink:

He's a messed up individual, who sadly has too much power and freedom.

I don't really think the fault is with Perez Hilton - if there wasn't a market for this sort of thing, his website wouldn't exist. He's just pandering to what the public wants, and it's pretty depressing that the public is so very desperate to know whether some celebrity or other is having a shit time or something.

I didn't know his website carried charity adverts, granted, but that's little recompense for such dull website content in my opinion :lol:

I have a feeling the people who pay any attention to Perez Hilton wouldn't give U2 the time of day anyway, so who cares what that asshat thinks?

I don't think some of you people understand what blogs are for. If you want celebrity news in an unbiased form, stick to People magazine online. Or, you know, buy the magazine and support the legitimate business.

He's a messed up individual, who sadly has too much power and freedom.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

I get my celeb crap intake from ONTD...
a far more classier establishment

:drool: :sexywink:
Nobody likes U2 there either. :cute:

I do not condone violence - especially Canada related violence - however Perez called Will a faggot - and I'm guessing thats a pretty strong provocation for a slapdown. I'm not excusing Will's minion for slapping him - but as a fellow gentleman of the flamboyant persuasion I would NEVER throw the word "faggot" at someone as an insult. As someone who spends a great deal of his time talking up how he was a poor little latino gay kid with no friends and no self esteem, droppiing the fag bomb is not cool.

Perez is a fucking tool. Will I Am is a fucking tool. Maybe they should hook up.:applaud:

The guy exists because people gobble up gossip like candy. Don't you know people aren't happy unless a celebrity is unhappy? :wink: The guy has found his niche in life. If no one gave a shit, the guy would be wrestling crackheads for chicken bones in a dumpster behind KFC.

Back
Top Bottom