Hell's Kitchen - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been watching Master Chef in the meantime to get my Gordon fix but Hell's Kitchen is where my heart is at. :wink:

I've been watching Master Chef in the meantime to get my Gordon fix but Hell's Kitchen is where my heart is at. :wink:

I've been watching MC on and off, interest piqued when I saw Christian was from my previous town of residence Gloucester MA (Also how to Survivor's nutcase Jimmy T.). Missed it this past week, who got the boot?

The contestants

Elizabeth Bianchi
Hometown: New York, NY
Signature Dish: Pan-Roasted Quail

0.jpg

Natalie Blake
Hometown: Harrodsburg, KY
Signature Dish: Lamb Chops

0.jpg

Amanda Colello
Hometown: Sun City, CA
Signature Dish: Eggplant Rollatini with Creamy Polenta

0.jpg

Jamie Gregorich
Hometown: Bradenton, FL
Signature Dish: Lollipop Lamb Chop with Red Onion Confiture

0.jpg

Carrie Keep
Hometown: Dallas, TX
Signature Dish: Chicken-Fried Rib Eye with Yukon Mashed Potatoes and White Truffle Cream Gravy

0.jpg

Gina Melcher
Hometown: Cape May, NJ
Signature Dish: Pistachio Scallops

0.jpg

Jennifer Normant
Hometown: Boston, MA
Signature Dish: Special Secret Pork with Mashed Sweet Potatoes

0.jpg

Krupa Patel
Hometown: Queens, NY
Signature Dish: Stuffed Naan with Cilantro Chutney

0.jpg

Elise Wims
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
Signature Dish: Pesto Seared Scallops with Sauteed Escarole

0.jpg

Chino Chang
Hometown: Hatboro, PA
Signature Dish: Korean BBQ Beef

0.jpg

Brendan Heavey
Hometown: Hoboken, NJ
Signature Dish: Salmon with Basil Cream Sauce

0.jpg

Monterray Keys
Hometown: Darby, PA
Signature Dish: Pan-Seared Sea Bass

0.jpg

Will Lustberg
Hometown: Jersey City, NJ
Signature Dish: Sheep’s Milk Ricotta Gnudi

0.jpg

Paul Niedermann
Hometown: Davie, FL
Signature Dish: Eggplant Involtini

0.jpg

Steven Paluba
Hometown: Ridge, NY
Signature Dish: Seared Diver Scallops with Wild Mushroom Risotto

0.jpg

Jonathon Plumley
Hometown: Memphis, TN
Signature Dish: Punch-Drunk Chicken

0.jpg

Tommy Stevens
Hometown: Brewster, NY
Signature Dish: Toasted Coconut Crab Cake

0.jpg

Jason Zepaltas
Hometown: Chicago, IL
Signature Dish: Pork Tacos

0.jpg

lol especially the head tattoo (wtf??). He will probably tell him that DONKEY should be tattooed on his head instead.

I was surprised he liked so many of the initial dishes. Usually he spits them all out lol.

Making comments as I go along so this may be a little disjointed:

Ramsey seems more rude than ever this season, just from that opening alone.

I found that the way he treated Jonathon's dish was super rude as well. No, I'm sure he wouldn't have liked it, but to not even taste it was just stupid. Just glad he didn't kick him off the show there and then like they made it look like he had.

Holy make-up Nona! But I think she lost a little weight. Glad to see she's still working at her job too.

So like, are some people allergic to Hell's Kitchen? Why is there always one person gone because they get sick on the first episode? Why does Jason have to leave the whole season cause he needed a few days of bed rest? He was easily my favorite character for how ludicrous he was from the get go. :sigh: oh well, his memory will live on with us in his crazy laugh during the opening credits each episode.

Aw hell, I didn't know this. Don't read if you don't want to ruin the illusion
Dining guests at Hell's Kitchen don't pay for their meals or beverages, although Granada America (the show's production company) donated tickets for sale to a charity auction with an estimated value of $1,000.00 US.

Guests, sometimes invited and probably recruited at other times by casting calls, enter into a contractual agreement with the production company, and are required to comply with the directions of production staff.

The restaurant itself is not a real one, and is not available to the general public. It was created as a set in the old television studios of KOCP in Los Angeles.

Ugh! They're still having the pointless make-the-losing-team-eat-shitty-food thing? What is the point of this?

Speaking of shit, did Ramsey say they left shit in the brisket? And then made them eat it? Please tell me I misheard.

Ok, caught up. Everyone who's gone home so far was pretty deservedly so. This season isn't looking great, by any stretch, but I still love this show, now that I've accepted it for the scripted mess that it is.

Ok Carrie is useless but I'm really getting tired of Elyse. Her loud ass mouth is so annoying, yelling at everyone.

btw anyone watching Master Chef tonight? It says its a new episode on the channel guide but its a repeat of last week. :crack:

I noticed Master Chef was supposed to be new and was a repeat...my guess is it was because the Obama/Boehner follies cut the first half of it off on the east coast and perhaps they chose to switch to a rerun when that happened.

As for HK...I had a feeling he would keep Carrie...not for her cooking abilities, strictly so more drama can be created for ratings.

Back
Top Bottom