Hell's Kitchen - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, they really should've done a cliffhanger episode on a week when we WEREN'T getting two eps in a row.

Purely on talent:

1. Jennifer
2. Will
3. Paul
4. Elise
5. Elizabeth
6. Tommy

Based on this, I wouldn't be surprised if Elise made the top 5. She deserves that much. But there were only a handful of great cooks here from the beginning, and she isn't one of them. Hell, Ben was an asshole a couple of seasons back too, but least he was sharp.

Maybe my memory has failed me, but I feel like the top eight are usually the ones who get black jackets, aren't they? Regardless of whether they changed that or not, I'm amused that they still did one of the black jacket montages for
Carrie's
departure.

I'm pretty sure black jackets are always the final 5.

Also, they really should've done a cliffhanger episode on a week when we WEREN'T getting two eps in a row.

Yeah, "to be continued" doesn't quite have the dramatic effect when the continuation is immediate. I think they were an episode out of sequence because Master Chef had fallen an episode behind when they switched to an impromptu rerun the night Obama and Boehner cut off the first half of the show on the east coast, which must've forced Master Chef into a 2 hr finale last Tuesday, when the first episode of Hell's Kitchen from last night was likely originally supposed to air, which forced Sicy int a state of HK confusion for a couple of days, and then forced HK to run 2 hours last night to catch up...of course now things get all the more confounded, cause HK is not on tonight.

Fox needs to keep their schedule static. And when they run the preview of the next episode it would behoove them to say when it will air...at this point I assume next Monday, but with the way things have been going maybe it will air Thursday at 11:43AM.

Purely on talent:

1. Jennifer
2. Will
3. Paul
4. Elise
5. Elizabeth
6. Tommy

Based on this, I wouldn't be surprised if Elise made the top 5. She deserves that much. But there were only a handful of great cooks here from the beginning, and she isn't one of them. Hell, Ben was an asshole a couple of seasons back too, but least he was sharp.

I can't envison any scenario outside of a medical emergency or Ramsay dropping Robert back into the game for a 34th try where the final 3 isn't Will, Jennifer and Paul at this point.

wow I didn't know there was a page for Hell's! Glad I found it.

I agree - Elise has to go. CANNOT stand her. :angry:

You've already posted in this thread.. lay off the pipe. :wink:

Elise should have gone a while ago, but since she makes for great drama, she stays.

Yeah, "to be continued" doesn't quite have the dramatic effect when the continuation is immediate. I think they were an episode out of sequence because Master Chef had fallen an episode behind when they switched to an impromptu rerun the night Obama and Boehner cut off the first half of the show on the east coast, which must've forced Master Chef into a 2 hr finale last Tuesday, when the first episode of Hell's Kitchen from last night was likely originally supposed to air, which forced Sicy int a state of HK confusion for a couple of days, and then forced HK to run 2 hours last night to catch up...of course now things get all the more confounded, cause HK is not on tonight.

:lol: Seriously.. I'm all messed up. :sad:

Just finished watching it.. good choice on who he sent home but omg Elise! :crazy:
There is no way she can run a kitchen. I think her entire staff would quit.

Who else was back? I didnt catch who all walked in at the last minute.

Trev, the woman who looks like Whoopi Goldberg and some others I didn't recognise including a guy who seemed bat-shit crazy :crack:

So I'm guessing Paul won't be getting any of Jennifer's sweet lovin' after last night.

I thought Tommy was gonna get himself sent home by opening his mouth.

Jennifer seemed to be falling apart during services the past 3 weeks, she probably deserved to go, but Elise couldn't cook the salmon for her life, took till she was told like 5 times in a row to cook it on the skin.
Obviously she's there just to provide drama all the way into the finale.

My wife and I watch Hells Kitchen. I usually enjoy it, just to see Ramsey's look of legitimate pure disgust or to see him smash fish with his hand or throw meat. :lol:

I know it is not all about who is the best cook a lot of the time and I doubt Ramsey even makes some of the ultimate decisions up until probably who actually wins it.

But last night was so blatantly a set up to keep Alise on there for drama. For Will and Paul to say she is a better cook than Jennifer is production induced complete BS. I wonder if the production crew almost encouraged them to keep Alise around for the drama. As some of you have said Alise should have been off the show she flat out lied. She is so devisive at this point and it is so ridiculous she is still there it is difficult for me to even watch now. Production or not I lost a ton of respect for both Paul and Will for selling Jennifer down the river like that. So I'm not really rooting for anyone after that.

I will watch the finale but this may be the last season of it I will watch. It is almost too blatantly scripted at this point.

My wife and I watch Hells Kitchen. I usually enjoy it, just to see Ramsey's look of legitimate pure disgust or to see him smash fish with his hand or throw meat. :lol:

I know it is not all about who is the best cook a lot of the time and I doubt Ramsey even makes some of the ultimate decisions up until probably who actually wins it.

But last night was so blatantly a set up to keep Alise on there for drama. For Will and Paul to say she is a better cook than Jennifer is production induced complete BS. I wonder if the production crew almost encouraged them to keep Alise around for the drama. As some of you have said Alise should have been off the show she flat out lied. She is so devisive at this point and it is so ridiculous she is still there it is difficult for me to even watch now. Production or not I lost a ton of respect for both Paul and Will for selling Jennifer down the river like that. So I'm not really rooting for anyone after that.

I will watch the finale but this may be the last season of it I will watch. It is almost too blatantly scripted at this point.

Frankly as time goes on, the one I'm rooting for is Tommy. Unfortunately he clearly doesn't have the chops to win the thing...he shuts down during service too often. But he has shown some skill in the challenges, and seems to always have a good attitude, even when doing punishments, always cracking jokes, and I thoroughly enjoyed his comment to Elise this past episode when he and Paul returned from reward and she was de-boning the salmon..."Whats the matter Elise, you look like you have a bone to pick."

I am surprised he survived to the finals as he was very close to being gone a few times, but unlike Elise, I am glad he is still around cause he's fun to watch for a few reasons whereas Elise is just the opposite.

I assume the final 2 will be Paul and Will, they seem the most deserving skill wise, but you are right that they pulled scumbag moves the other night.

Wow that was nerve wracking. Congrats to Paul! I think the last dinner service highly impacted the decision.. poor Will's team just couldn't get it together.

I now have the sadz that its over. :sad:

I think Will lost it all by himself.
Choosing Kupra and hoping Elise and blondie would have a blow up backfired on him.

choosing Tommy instead of Elise also cooked his goose.

Elise won this thing for Paul as much or more than he did himself.

I agree that as much as I didnt like Elise, she should have been the first picked. I was like, Tommy?? Really?

after the final show, I found myself rethinking my whole opinion of Elise.

I wondered how much the edit influenced me, They do love the dramz.

Yeah they probably edited out everything nice she's ever said or done just to show her rabid side for the dramz.

Picking Tommy didn't hurt Will, picking Krupa sunk him.

Best part of the show was the little montage during the credits with Ramsay ribbing Tommy about his shopping for his girlfriend..."Baby Gap?"...and Tommy laughing and saying "It isn't gonna stop till I'm gone"...he's a very likeable dude, probably why he made it to the final 4, clearly didn't have the attention span needed to win the thing.

And of course it was fitting that the final shot was Gordo telling Elise to keep chasing her dream and "just stop being such a bitch!"...fade to black...perfect coda on this season.

Congrats to Paul, thought Will was overall stronger, but had a feeling when Ramsay kept mentioning Paul's passion he was gonna go that way.

I finally watched the end to this... or rather. I watched the top 6 and top 5 episodes.. saw Elise still there and then checked online to see who won.

I like Paul, but I def think Will was the better chef all around.

Don't know if I'll watch this again... MasterChef is so much better

I'm late to the game here, but I wholeheartedly believe that the producers forced Ramsay to keep Elise around as long as possible. Several contestants went home for far, far lesser offensives than Elise had on a nightly basis. Good for Paul, though - the camaraderie between him and Will made for a satisfying finale.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom