Hell's Kitchen - Season 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its felt very scripted for a number of years...the dude who wanted to fight Gordo a couple of years ago etc. all seem like pure setups.

As for this week...man none of them seem to be head chef material...usually there's one or two who seem to have the chops, but nobody this year.

Of the final 6, Trev and Gail have no shot whatsoever. Sabrina has been doing well in the kitchen, but clearly doesn't have the demeanor to be a head chef. That leaves Nona, Russell and Jillian. Jillian cracks under pressure, Nona seems too emotional and Russell's hot headed and has way too high a opinion of himself. This would be the perfect time for Gordo to bring Robert back for the umpteenth time, he could easily beat this field of donkeys.

It's always felt scripted, which is why this must have been really bad to get to me in the way it did.

I'm rooting for Nona at this point. I think she's the only one with enough heart and sense to do the job. I hate Russell...like, seriously. I just want to slap him. Jillian wouldn't make me upset if she won either. Sabrina is a punk who can cook and I really still want her to go home, but she is getting better with each week, in spite of the fact that she's still not willing to actually do any of the WORK.

Did I mention I hate Russell?

Oh and Trev too, but that goes without saying. Jackass.

Not even sure where that came from, except that I think Ramsey has more faith in the women than the men this year.

Russell is an ass, Trevor is a douche and Sabrina is a bitch.

Yeah so Jillian would be good. Except her voice annoys the hell out of me. She sounds like Bart Simpson.

I used to work in that industry before I changed to a more healthy career and Russell is the type of cook that you will find in every kitchen. He's a smug prick that isn't a team player and thinks being a jerk somehow goes with the territory.

These guys are everywhere and for some reason it's a learned thing that is passed on from generation to generation in kitchens all over the world. Being an asshle. I want to scream at them, "it's food you're doing, not saving lives!"

Sabrina brings the entertainment value
I thought she was going to start ovulating over that French chef.

Trevor has no game.

Sabrina was definitely entertaining. Actually sad to see her go. She literally had me lol'ing with the whole french chef crush thing :lol:

I commented on the scriptedness of the episode as well.

Sad to see Sabrina go, but she did herself in when she tried to throw Gail under the bus. She already knew Ramsey didn't want to hear that shit from her anymore. Trev would've been gone otherwise. His attitude is atrocious.

Next week looks...awful. This season is a trainwreck.

Trev is so incredibly gay. In the Colonel Fitts kind of way. I mean, sure, straight misogynists are everywhere, but they're usually pinching asses, provoking sexual harassment charges and not hanging out with Vinny in the hot tub. He seemed so lost once he lost his friend. The worst part is that he's too much of a bro to admit it. The worst part is that he has no bros. The worst part is that he has no talent. Man, Trev sucks.

Jillian, on the other hand, has a modicum of talent and consistently cracks me up. I'm a fan. No idea if she's good enough to win, however. I have no intention to eat at LA Market with chefs this mediocre leading the charge.

Gail was so very aware that it was time for her to go home One again, Trev gets his ass saved. That guy is such a loser, I can't stand it.

Oh, and have I mentioned I think this show is getting more scripted by the week? :wink:.

Next week looks to be more ridiculous than ever.

As far as I can tell in the preview, Russell subscribes to the Sean Connery method of dealing with women. It's a shame that he's just some dick who can kinda cook and not Sean Connery. Based on his treatment of...everyone so far, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does take a swing at Nona.

Trev is hilarious. The more over his head he is, the better. Keep him on until the finals, for all I care. If he wins though, I quit this show forever.

Trev is like a less dangerous Raj, so I enjoy him being around to an extent. If he outlasts Jillian, then I'll be pissed.

BTW, does anyone have ANY idea what the last thing Ramsey said to Jillian was? I just could NOT understand it through his accent.

Trev has outstayed his welcome longer than any other contestant in HK history. I will be absolutely shocked if he does not go home next week. I think that the only reason that he survived this week was that Ramsay saw Gail as under-confident.

Each week it seems there's an "The only reason he stayed" factor, and I'm just flat out tired of it. I'm about done with this show, pretty much only watching this season because it's SUCH a fucking train wreck.

(I'm sure I'll come back)

This season, I think, has the smallest talent pool of any season, with the possible exception of season 1. My general feeling is that any of the top three from any previous season would walk away with this season's title over the current contestants.

This is a weak ass group for sure...I mean Trev in the final 4...dude is horrible. The show is so not about cooking skills any more, its pretty ridiculous.

yes, the worst final four ever

but form this sad bunch, I'd say Russel is the best :huh:choice to win.

and how out of touch with reality is he, to offer octopus on a lunch wagon.:crack:

Trev is only still here for ratings, because obviously Russel didn't stir enough shit in the early episodes to be the contender for "Keep them here as long as possible to annoy the hell out of everyone."

They are certainly casting for personality and not cooking skill...next season I expect we'll get a group that includes a fry cook from McDonald's, a hot housewife who's signature dish is Spaghettio's with the sliced franks...(takes her almost the whole 45 minutes to get the can opened, and serves it cold to Gordo), a guy from the Jersey shore who cooks with his shirt off and can't remember the recipe for toast, a personal chef from Idaho who only uses potatoes to feed her potato farmer boss, a cocktail waitress who can't boil water and of course Robert.

Back
Top Bottom