Hell's Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't expect it to be :wink:, but yeah, the episode I'm "in" I'll be in for like 15-30 seconds, tops. Still, cool.

Well... still not sure who I think is fit to run a restaurant. I'm sure they will 'miraculously' get better by the end and someone will be worthy.

The fact that the blue kitchen went from completely incompetent to suddenly having an exemplary service ("one of the best ever" in Ramsay's words) the minute Anton and Scott went over to the red side makes it pretty obvious who the problem was there, although Gabriel is still useless. One good service and one good showing in a challenge does not a head chef make.

I feel badly for Scott and am glad he stayed though as he seems to be taking the hit for a lot of other people's mistakes. Last week Anton told him the chicken (or whatever it was) was ready and he took his word for it and brought it up and was treated as if he was the one who was responsible for cooking it. Same thing happened once or twice in the blue kitchen, but props to him though for standing tall and not blading his team mates. I know he won't win but I like his attitude and the fact that he's always trying to help someone else when he doesn't have anything he personally needs to work on, it's a refreshing change for HK actually.

I definitely think Joy is going to win though, I don't see anybody else staying consistently good the way she does. The only one on the blue side who stands a chance is maybe Jason although I can picture him exploding (literally) at any point and coming so unglued and enraged that he can't handle it and gets the boot. I can't remember her name (Natalie maybe?) but the little blond one is so full of herself that it's actually difficult to watch her "interviews".

Anyways, I'm still excited to see what happens tonight. When I was in Vegas last September my wife and I went to the Gordon Ramsay Burgr restaurant in Planet Hollywood and they were filming a segment for HK - we were at the front of the line when the camera panned past us so we might even be on TV. Although once we were in it was a huge pain because there were camera crews and production staff everywhere, our food took forever and showed up cold and the manager completely dismissed it as "well it's the price you pay for having a 'brush with celebrity'", even though Ramsay wasn't there (we did get a free drink each out of it though). I did notice that it seemed like about 4 or 5 people, one of whom was an African-American lady (Keisha or Joy?) and another was a short guy (Scott is the only one who fits that description), at the table so maybe they're challenge winners from late in the season on a trip to Vegas? Our other thought was the fact that they're competing for a non-descript head chef "at a Gordon Ramsay restaurant" (un-named) makes us also think that perhaps they changed their minds on having the winner go to work there. Another GR restaurant, The Fat Cow (his Los Angeles "gastropub" that he never named even though they've been there twice this season) also closed down since then too, which is a huge shame, the burger there was the best I've ever had by far).

God this turned into a long post. :|

Jealous! I want to eat at Hells Kitchen. Ramsay wasn't there? That's weird, weren't they filming? And I think Rachel might win.

Anyways, I'm still excited to see what happens tonight. When I was in Vegas last September my wife and I went to the Gordon Ramsay Burgr restaurant in Planet Hollywood and they were filming a segment for HK - we were at the front of the line when the camera panned past us so we might even be on TV. Although once we were in it was a huge pain because there were camera crews and production staff everywhere, our food took forever and showed up cold and the manager completely dismissed it as "well it's the price you pay for having a 'brush with celebrity'", even though Ramsay wasn't there (we did get a free drink each out of it though). I did notice that it seemed like about 4 or 5 people, one of whom was an African-American lady (Keisha or Joy?) and another was a short guy (Scott is the only one who fits that description), at the table so maybe they're challenge winners from late in the season on a trip to Vegas? Our other thought was the fact that they're competing for a non-descript head chef "at a Gordon Ramsay restaurant" (un-named) makes us also think that perhaps they changed their minds on having the winner go to work there. Another GR restaurant, The Fat Cow (his Los Angeles "gastropub" that he never named even though they've been there twice this season) also closed down since then too, which is a huge shame, the burger there was the best I've ever had by far).

:|

A. Nice to see you back.

2. The manager sounds like a douche...doesn't matter that you were there during a filming your food should have been done correctly.

And I think Rachel might win.

She is the one who has never worked on a line before..I think she will have some meltdown as we get close to the end, she has shown signs of fragility before.

I think it comes down to Melanie, Joy or possibly Scott.

Gabriel has no shot whatsoever.
Keisha has no chance when it comes to leading a crew I think.
Jason might have a shot but I think he'll foul something up.

Ultimately I think Scott stays in because Ramsay has recognized he has a good palette (was best in last week's taste challenge) and that is important to Gordo.
Joy and Melanie have both been pretty consistent for most of the season.

I would say Melanie wins at this point, we shall see.

I did enjoy watching Anton get his come-uppance last week.

Jason is another of those chefs where I think they may be editing him to look bad because he's actually really competent. It seems to me that every episode teaser now is supposed to focus in on him "losing it" but in reality his "losing it" is his raising his voice, which is much angrier/louder sounding than average, so it appears as though he is losing his shit, when he seems to be actually a pretty easy-going guy.

Scott is probably going to go next, but I could not be more relieved at Anton going home. That was all ego that got him fouled up. He was just fine until they recognized him as some kind of leader. Then, he was toast.

Keisha is unfortunate, because she's really good, but far too emotional.

I'm hedging my bets with Jason, but I'd be just as confident in Melanie. Joy seems like she might be a surprising early leave in the next few weeks...or she stays til the end.

Jealous! I want to eat at Hells Kitchen. Ramsay wasn't there? That's weird, weren't they filming? And I think Rachel might win.

Hell's Kitchen as far as I know is actually just a studio purpose-built for the show rather than an actual restaurant you can go to eat at.

They were filming something, which we were told was for Hell's Kitchen. One table had a bunch of camera crews and lighting rigs around it. Ramsay definitely was not there though, I was looking specifically to see if it was him and I would have recognized him, instead it was a bunch of random people.

I think if they do use it it will probably be for a later episode where they will send everyone to Vegas and have them do a challenge there or at another GR restaurant, but that's really just a guess.

I feel like Rachel (or Rochelle, or however it's spelled) has the talent to win, but I don't know if she's going to have the leadership qualities to be a head chef and run a kitchen. I think she'll probably make it to the finals but I can't see her doing particularly well on her turn to run the pass and I think that will ultimately sink her.

Hewson said:
A. Nice to see you back.

Thanks, as I mentioned to someone else who said the same in another thread, I'm not so sure that's a universal sentiment but I appreciate it.

2. The manager sounds like a douche...doesn't matter that you were there during a filming your food should have been done correctly.

Yeah he was a knob, the other reason we were asking to speak to him was because the PA's were being very rude as well and we felt that someone needed to say something to them as they were acting like we were not paying customers but extras and should follow their orders. I stood up at one point to take a photo with my phone from far away (I realize now that I probably shouldn't have, but it was Vegas and I was half in the bag by that point) and a PA who was standing behind a railing (outside the restaurant technically but next to some tables where people were having their meals) leaned across someone's table while they were eating, obliviously hanging her hair and clothes into their food, and tried to get another customer who was eating to yell at me to stop or get up and physically prevent me from taking the picture, which we thought was incredible - I get that you're filming a show and trying to work but that doesn't give you the right to interrupt people's meals to ask them to chastise (and/or assault) another customer. We told the manager this and he really couldn't have cared less, and brushed it off as an amazing unique experience that we should appreciate. He treated us as if we were being completely ungrateful for this "brush with celebrity and excitement".

He was rude to our server as well who was bringing drinks over which we had already ordered, and when he unilaterally decided that our conversation was done (it wasn't done as far as we were concerned) he stood up and looked at her and yelled "drinks down" and turned and walked right away as fast as possible. We felt bad for our server, the poor girl was about 7 or 8 months pregnant, obviously working her butt off and he was being extremely rude to her. We gave her a great tip but she was the only bright spot of the visit.

We had an awful experience that time but chalked it up to the craziness of the filming, and went back again when we were in Vegas in May. This time we had the same server (pregnant again) who once again did a phenomenal job and gave us great service, the food came on time and was hot and delicious. We were also told that particular manager "no longer works there", so who knows what happened to him. Overall I would say it redeemed itself, at least to the point that I recommended it to a friend who went to Vegas a couple of weeks ago, he had a great meal there too.

That's what I meant, Rochelle. You'd think I'd know their names by now.

She hasn't worked in a line but she seems to be a better cook than the other girls.

If Mary didn't win, I don't see Rochelle doing it. They seem about as shy as the other, but Mary was insane when they actually got to lead their own kitchens. Rochelle would have to do a hell of a job at that point, as well, I'd think.

Joy is the obvious boring frontrunner, not having seen how past seasons of this show pan out, admittedly, so I half expect someone like Rochelle or Jason to end up winning, though the former seems especially unlikely.

Rochelle is clearly Ramsay's favorite, though that doesn't mean she's necessarily the obvious choice, especially considering how young she is.

Jason seems like a decent-ish leader. I could see him running a kitchen. Joy is kind of an asshole.

Jason seems like a decent-ish leader. I could see him running a kitchen. Joy is kind of an asshole.

Yeah they all are assholes in their own special way. I'm sure a lot of it is editing but Jason has a tendency to completely fly off the handle as we've seen earlier this season and I fully expect that at some point he's going to have a hard time cooking scallops (or something) correctly and literally explode. I think the finale is going to be Rochelle, Joy, and Melanie, and of those I think Joy probably has the best shot if she does a decent job running the kitchen. I can't stand Melanie's ego (she's not nearly as good as she thinks), and while I like Rochelle I don't see her being firm running the kitchen in the way Ramsay wants.

I really loved the look on Paul's face when Jason said hello last night, he clearly had no idea who this guy was. :lmao:

EDIT: Watch out guys, there's going to be a murder next week, the previews said so! I can't wait to see how Jason kills Paul, it's going to happen for sure guys cause it was in the previews!

Previews are always misleading. And I bet that Ramsay's reaction to Joy serving him duck that she has never cooked before is a lost leader as well and they'll all love her duck and she'll win the challenge in a landslide.

I hate to be continued, and I hate when they don't eliminate someone.

Previews are always misleading. And I bet that Ramsay's reaction to Joy serving him duck that she has never cooked before is a lost leader as well and they'll all love her duck and she'll win the challenge in a landslide.

I hate to be continued, and I hate when they don't eliminate someone.

Oh 100%, Lindsay and I laugh every week at how deliberately misleading all the previews are, to the point of outright lies. Last week it set up this episode as the whole tipping point being Joy having a total meltdown to the point of being booted, of course it was just a few tears over a slightly undercooked pork loin and that was all of it. And you're right, guaranteed they are all going to love her duck and she'll get her black jacket.

I have such a love-hate relationship with this show, but I tune in faithfully every Thursday night. I might as well be married to it.

I've mentored before that the previews are my favorite part of the show.

Well, the whole watching the preview and then comparing it to the episode thing, I mean.

Nothing will ever top last season when the preview was supposed to make you think Mary was literally running away from Hell's Kitchen and then we see she was running as part of a challenge. So clever those producers.

Though I will say this, about 5 or 6 months ago, they filmed an episode of Restaurant Impossible in the city my mom lives in (and that I live right outside of). From what I could tell and the stories I heard, that show is basically on the up and up. The only thing that was a little sketch about it was that the owners of the restaurant basically only did the show to nicen it up for someone else to buy, cause they were out of business before the episode even aired. Though, from what I heard, the host of the show also encouraged them to sell.

Just saw this post.

There was a West Indian restaurant close to my apartment that was pretty run down (the neighbourhood it's in - the next one over from my place - is pretty sketchy too so that had an effect on it's business) had some Kitchen Nightmares type restaurant rescue show come in and completely renovate the place last year, only to shut down entirely less than 3 weeks later so the owner could sell it for more than they could have gotten with it still being old and run down. Props to the owner I guess for taking advantage of a money making opportunity, it's now a hipster bar that still nobody goes to since the hipsters have moved on to the next new place.

Nothing will ever top last season when the preview was supposed to make you think Mary was literally running away from Hell's Kitchen and then we see she was running as part of a challenge. So clever those producers.

Oh my God. The seething rage I felt over that one.

Where I work, I and one other person are in a little suite that's not attached to the main suite where everyone else is. My suite-mate is gone this and next week, so I'm in this fairly large room all alone. Why am I telling you this? Because I went back to the beginning of this thread to read the reactions to the preview for Mary running away and I keep laughing and someone in the office next door seems to keep walking by my open door every time I do. So thanks, Hell's Kitchen, for making me that insane new girl at work.

Where I work, I and one other person are in a little suite that's not attached to the main suite where everyone else is. My suite-mate is gone this and next week, so I'm in this fairly large room all alone. Why am I telling you this? Because I went back to the beginning of this thread to read the reactions to the preview for Mary running away and I keep laughing and someone in the office next door seems to keep walking by my open door every time I do. So thanks, Hell's Kitchen, for making me that insane new girl at work.

So of course reading your post forced me to do the same. Fortunately I'm the only one here today so no concerns about laughter.

This one gave me a good chuckle...
If Jeremy's in the kitchen I might end up with a bowl of wax fruit.

:lol: I just read that post too. Last season was a blast. Simone was the only batshit contestant this year and she's been gone for ages.

Can we talk about Masterchef here or am I going to have a pan thrown at my head if I do? :uhoh:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm also really bummed out about the end of Kitchen Nightmares...not that I was actively watching it anymore...I just liked knowing it was there.

Well I'm just curious if anyone else is watching it, no point bringing it up if nobody knows what I'm talking about.

Ahran is such a little snotty shit, and Leslie is completely out of touch with reality. But the way people were acting when he was making his "picks" last night was pretty low too. I miss Masterchef Canada, at least it seemed like the people on the Canadian version of the show knew what they were doing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom